sick (and worried)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've woken up the past two mornings with a sore throat. Today the lymph nodes in my neck are swollen and tender.

I got strep throat when I was around 8 weeks along with the pregnancy I lost, so this is freaking me out.
July 19th, 2011, 07:12 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Hmmmm, that would be a strange coincidence. I would go get checked just to have peace of mind. My throat has been sore for weeks, but that's from vomiting so much,lol. I hope it's nothing!

1/25/12

July 19th, 2011, 07:16 AM
mom2moose
Agree that it would be odd. That's NOT why you lost your other baby. BUT, if you think you have strep, you need to go to the doctor and get it checked out and gets some meds. good luck and hope you feel better!
July 19th, 2011, 07:22 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I agree with the other ladies. I would have it checked just for piece of mind. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 19th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's just always been in the back of my mind that maybe the bacteria that caused the illness or the fever or the antibiotics harmed the pregnancy last time. I know that likely isn't the case (and I did verify before starting the antibiotics that they were safe).

But it makes me paranoid that I was sick and then lost my baby a few weeks later. And here I am in early pregnancy again and sick again. No fever yet and no white spots on the tonsils (both symptoms of strep that don't usually show up if it's just a cold).
July 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope it's just a cold...and understand your worry, though I agree with the other ladies and what you said and that it was a coincidence last time. I have never heard of strep causing a miscarriage.

But, I understand your worry. Nearly as soon as I got a BFP this time I got sick with a terrible cold and mild fever...and still worry slightly that the fever may have done something, but I kept up with tylenol and never went over 100.5.

It's hard after a loss not to worry about every little thing. Hang in there and I hope you're feeling better very soon!!!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

July 20th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it might be strep. I've got a fever now that doesn't really go away with tylenol. My normal family practice clinic can't get me in tomorrow, so I'm going to the next nearby one late this morning.

I'm on the verge of tears. I'm so afraid this fever is going to cause a miscarriage. If using a hot tub supposedly can cause one, why wouldn't a fever?
July 20th, 2011, 04:24 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
A fever doesn't cause a miscarriages.... Neither does getting sick.... It happens all the time to pregnant women and they don't loose there babies... If your gonna miscarry, your gonna miscarry. Only certain illnesses can cause miscarriages and a fever and step isn't one of them. Now if your temperture was like 105 than maybe but if it was that you'd be hospitalized and can have brain damage.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
July 20th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wish I hadn't googled. Pregnant women really shouldn't be allowed on google.

I found that there hasn't been anything conclusive about fevers causing miscarriage. But that fevers around 20-28 days after conception can cause neural tube defects. And what do you know, that's exactly the time frame I am right now. I'm hoping that it has to be a really high fever 104° or higher to cause problems.
July 20th, 2011, 08:02 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I work in a hospital. I'm in nursing school right now. AND my BIL in law is an OB. I got sick with my first pregnancy and yes did miscarry it so I thought that was it talked to my OB and BIL both said that would NOT cause a miscarriage and only a temp of 104 can do some real damage.... And only SERIOUS illnesses can cause miscarriages and strep throat isn't serious. Or a cold. Or anything of that sort. Stay away from google. Most of the time it makes it worse.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search