Troll Alert- UPDATED!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2011, 09:03 AM
LilBecca's Avatar Veteran
So you all know the woman with sn CelidhB or Celidh Brennan confessed on our DDC that she wasn't ever pregnant while on our board and she never lost a twin obviously. She claims that she lost a baby in 2010 which caused her to have her tubes tied, but whether that is the truth we don't know. The reason I'm letting you ladies know is because I know she had posted here a couple times and I wanted you to be aware of it. She's already been banned, but watch out for any "suspicious" newbies coming in.

OK... I guess when I tried switching to a new page, it loaded a new window and the post was still up so I copied and pasted it since the thread is now closed.

"My name is Ceilidh, I am 23 years old, born December 19th 1987. I live in County Cavan, Ireland on my grandparents farm- the one that I posted pictures of. I have 7 brothers, 1 sister and my mum is pregnant with her 10th baby.

On January 24th 2010 I lost a baby boy at 23 weeks due to an incompetent cervix. I named him Logan and he lived for just 3 hours. The doctors refused to try to save his life, they won't before 24 weeks here. He was just 3 days shy of 24 weeks. A few days after Logan was born, I suffered a massive haemorrhage which resulted in me needing a hysterectomy to save my life. I can no longer have children. As you can imagine, in the months following losing Logan my life has been nothing but hell. I hit rock bottom in June and contemplated taken my own life. I had nothing to live for. Being a mummy was all I had wanted since I was a little girl.

Logan was a twin. I lost his twin at 9 weeks.

Instead, I went to the doctors and they prescribed me anti-depressants which I have been on for a year now.

So, why did I lie about being pregnant? I don't know. To let me live through pregnancy again? I have no answers. But when I saw how you all were about Jaiyannah I knew I had to come clean. When I posted the "I'm a troll" thread I then changed my password on my account to random letters so I wouldn't get access to it. Then I burst into tears, went for a walk, came back on and made another account. I felt almost like I was losing my baby again. I wanted to be pregnant. I still do.

I'm sorry I lied to you. Most of what I have said is true though, although some did happen a year ago.

I won't bother you again unless you have any questions you want answering.

I'm so sorry."

Last edited by LilBecca; July 20th, 2011 at 09:19 AM.
July 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for letting us know! I'm not even sure I'd be able to spot a troll unless it was obvious. How would I spot a troll?

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

July 20th, 2011, 09:16 AM
LilBecca's Avatar Veteran
Honestly, I have no clue. I didn't even know myself until I saw that post.

July 20th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Veteran
That honestly kind of creeped me out, knowing someone can post that with nothing but a lie behind it.
July 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In her case, this morning she posted a thread saying "I'm a troll". This confession came a few hours later. There was another troll in the ddc yesterday so i guess she felt guilty. But really, it's so creepy. Why on earth would you fake a pregnancy, or worse - a loss, just to post here. Find a board somewhere for crazy people who like to make up stories.

July 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember in my old DDC/playroom we had a troll...she lead us right through pregnancy, birth, and subsequent pregnancy....it disgusted me to think that so many of us were wasting our prayers on something that didn't really exist. I'll never understand why people do this.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^That was an awful one. I came right as everything was coming to a head with that troll and it was nuts. And very sad.

I have to say, at least she told you guys she was a troll and came clean. She obviously knows she has some mental health issues and needs to deal with them appropriately. If she, in fact, suffered a horrible loss last year, she does need support and I can see why she would want the support of the ladies in here (JM in general). It is sad that she felt the need to lie Thanks for letting us know.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
July 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! I remember on another site there was a lady who lied about being pregnant with triplets. She posted belly photos and photos of someone else's triplets. They found her out cause she stole someone's photos. I feel sorry for this poor girl, either way.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

July 20th, 2011, 11:58 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually feel really bad for this person.

Wether or not she lost the baby or was or was not pregnant, she must be very sad and lonely to do this. I hope she finds her right path in life and finds happiness with herself and her life as it is.
July 20th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've seen her post on the stillbirth board. I agree with Sam, though.

July 20th, 2011, 01:52 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't stand trolls, but reading that kind of made me feel bad for her...If she really went through a loss like that, and then lost her ability to have another child, she's probably got a lot of issues she needs to work though...I don't ever think it's okay to lie, but at least she had sense enough to come forward and tell the truth that she was infact a troll...Hopefully that will be the first step in her recovery and she'll seek some help.

July 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is scary to me...

Back in 2007 when I was pregnant with Nathan I belonged to the What to expect community. There was a girl there the lied through an entire pregnancy. We came to know her so well...but it was all lies.

I know there are people like that "everywhere" on the internet...but what I don't understand is why.

I will say a prayer for her that she gets the help she needs. She must be a very depressed person to make up such a lie and pull on the heartstrings of so many women.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

July 20th, 2011, 03:46 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What scares the crap out of me more is that most DDC's have a CyberShower now... how do you KNOW FOR SURE the person you're paired with is REALLY pregnant?

I feel bad for this girl, she would have a lot more support if she was just honest from the beginning, or if she WAS honest from the beginning what made her change her story to pretend she was pregnant?

July 20th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMommy View Post
I actually feel really bad for this person.

Wether or not she lost the baby or was or was not pregnant, she must be very sad and lonely to do this. I hope she finds her right path in life and finds happiness with herself and her life as it is.
I totally agree. I'm not sure what to make of her excuse. If it is true, I can see how such an event would take her off the mental deep end. But of course it is difficult to know what is true and what is not. Either way, she is a sad person who needs some professional help.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search