Scared Newbie

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
FireMedicMom's Avatar Regular
Hi everyone,

I am new to these boards. I was on different boards through the pregnancy of my son and loss of my last pregnancy, but they seemed to have gone down hill in the past year, so I found my way over here and it seems very kind and supportive here.

I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago and was skiddish to join here until I got my second ultrasound today since I felt like I was going to jinx myself. I have one child and this is my 4th pregnancy, with my last one being from a very traumatic ectopic (the ER missed it twice when I kept telling them something was wrong. The ER Dr finally told me even though my OB said I should go home he would admit me for pain control, I turned him down initially, then decided to stay when the pain got worse, 30 min after getting admitted I was in emergency surgery.)

Anyway, my LMP was on May 20th, but I never got a + OPK and had negative PT until July 7th, when I took a test just because I was having abdominal pain again. 2 weeks ago I had an ultrasound and they couldn't see anything. I had another one today and the pregnancy IS in my uterus. YAY! They estimated me at only 5w6d which give me an EDD of St. Patty's day instead of the original Feb. 23rd. (Which is really cool since we are Irish). But on the US the heartbeat was only 105, so I have to wait a week and go back. I have been cramping a lot, but everything else seems to be going OK. I am relieved that it is where it is supposed to be, but I am worried about the heart rate. I hope that just being so early it was slower than normal. Did anyone else get a low heart rate on an early ultrasound? TIA, and nice to meet you all!

Last edited by FireMedicMom; July 22nd, 2011 at 02:22 PM.
July 22nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi there! I'm due a day before you.

I lost my last pregnancy around 10 weeks, so this is my 4th pregnancy. Hopefully we'll both get to take home babies mid-March.
July 22nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes - the heartbeat increases over the first few weeks and often it isn't even detected until 6 weeks. Mine at 6 weeks exactly was in the 90s and it was totally normal. I'm also on my fourth pregnancy and hopefully second child so i understand how nervous you are. This is a VERY supportive group of women, so welcome!

July 22nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Welcome to the group! That is a great heartbeat at 5 weeks . Week 7 is when it should reach the 120-160 range. This is my fifth pregnancy and our third child. This is a great group of ladies full of support who totally "get" the emotions and nerves of pregnancy after a loss. Please jump right in, post and get to know everyone. Congratulations on your pregnancy and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
FireMedicMom's Avatar Regular
Thank you so much! Hearing it from real women vs reading it online makes me feel a lot more at ease. I don't know why my Dr felt it was so low. I know they are always airing on the side of caution but they seem to always scare me with something.
July 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
and Congrats! These ladies are great

1/25/12

July 22nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Sillylittlefishey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board and congrats on the pregnancy!!

I'm so sorry about your traumatic ectopic...how scary!!

But it's really cool this one will be due around St. Patty's day. I honestly don't know about the heartbeat...I had some really early ultrasounds but they never checked the actual rate...just noted that it was beating.

P & PT!!

July 22nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 6 weeks this baby's heartbeat was 109 so you are right in range!

I am so sorry for your loss, I had a cervical ectopic in September of last year. Hang around - this board is great. We are all in this together

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 23rd, 2011, 07:03 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I'm sorry about your loss! This is my 6th pregnancy and hopefully my 3rd take home baby. I think 109 is a great number for where you are! I hope it keeps getting stronger, and stronger, and stronger!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, and congrats on your new pregnancy! So sorry for your loss's and praying for a nice long 8 more months for you! The baby's h/b sounds wonderfule for 5w6d! It just started beating the day before or the day of the u/s at this point, and it only starts at 80bpm or so, so 105 is wonderful! When dr.'s catch the h/b so early, they HAVE to check again, its just their standard of practice!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 23rd, 2011, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm sorry about your losses but glad to see you're a trouper, trying again, and reaching out to this great group of ladies for support. 109 is a wonderful heart rate for that early from everything I have read (in books and on this very board). Praying for you that your little Good Luck Charm hangs in for a very happy, healthy 9 months.

Looking forward to getting to know you. This is my 4th pregnancy, third child...and we also had a chemical in Oct and another possible chemical in December.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search