Hope I'm not jinxing things...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We decided we'd tell family after seeing a heartbeat on the ultrasound. I have one next Thursday and I'll be far enough along that as long as everything is okay with the pregnancy, we really should see the heartbeat. On Friday we're going out of town to see family. While there, we'll celebrate our daughter's 2nd birthday.

So I bought her a shirt tonight that says "Big Sis" and we'll give it to her as a gift for her birthday as our "announcement".
July 22nd, 2011, 06:01 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
That sounds like a wonderful way of telling everyone.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 22nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is an awesome way to announce!! I have always announced after seeing a heartbeat. I don't think you're jinxing yourselves at all!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

July 22nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My opinion has always been that during times of grief and loss we need those we love most around us for support so I have always told early.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your baby on Thursday!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 22nd, 2011, 07:34 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I think that is a great way of telling your family! Can't wait to hear how the u/s goes. Prayers for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 22nd, 2011, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What I'm afraid being a jinx is buying the shirt before the ultrasound. But we won't have any time to do it afterward.

We're not telling family until after a heartbeat because of how hard the previous loss was on our son. He loves babies and was really looking forward to having a new baby in the house. So he was really upset when we told him that the baby was not going to be living with us. He still talks about "the new baby with Jesus".

Right now, no one that knows our son (so any family, friends, or coworkers) knows about the pregnancy. I know who was supportive of me last time, and worst case is that I will go to them and explain that we were pregnant and lost another baby if I do wind up needing support.
July 22nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think going with your "gut" and telling soon, is a great sign!!! Follow your heart and enjoy every moment of the celebration!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 23rd, 2011, 06:09 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a great way of telling. I understand your fear of jinxing it though. I hope you see a gorgeous fluttering heartbeat when you go on Thursday!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search