Names?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 06:53 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is it going with everyone naming their babies?

We have labored over this one big time!. We might have picked one though....

Brynlee .

So far everyone seems to like it. It's unique, but not weird. Hope it sticks cause I am tired of trying to pick a name!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
July 26th, 2011, 07:12 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like it!! Then again every name you have been going with so far has been awesome. I love the uniqueness but yet not weirdness (as you put it).

You must be psyched that she is almost here!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 26th, 2011, 07:18 AM
You have no idea Missy! I can't believe it's gone by this fast, and yet these last three weeks are going to crawl by cause I want it to happen now! Ugh! Btw, I love your name....it's so pretty. You'll have Scarlett and Red....love it!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
July 26th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute name!

We are holding off until my anatomy scan in a couple of weeks before we start discussing names. My first loss was at 21 weeks so after that point I'll feel a little more confident that we will be having a baby, and no need to battle both boy and girl names if we can narrow it down first.

July 26th, 2011, 07:33 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It came to us pretty easy, but it was a name we had on the list from when I was preggo with DD and since we still loved it, it stuck.

I love Brynlee.....so cute and it rolls right off the tongue!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 26th, 2011, 07:38 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Since DH and I knew that we were going to have children eventually, we had names picked out for probably a year before we got pregnant. We had 4 picked out. 2 boys and 2 girls. We had chosen the leading boy name but it took us a while to narrow down our preferred girl name...but that was done before the scan.

I love the name you picked!

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Matt never talks about names before we know the gender. lol But we got her name pretty quickly afterward. When the tech said "girl" his thought was that her name should be Allison. It took me a couple weeks to convince him it was okay that "no thought went into it," lol.

July 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My niece's name is Brinley, I love it

Baby girl's name for us is Annabella (Bella) Sophia
July 26th, 2011, 10:31 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I love that name!

I have had a girl named picked out for 3 years, Avery Jane

We have no clue for a boy, we should know the gender with the results of our CVS on Aug.1, so within the next two weeks!

1/25/12

July 26th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Avery is cute. All the names you guys listed are good names. My daughter is friends with a girl who has he most unique names in her family. There are five girls in her family are their names.....

Alaska
Celica
Avery
Kassidy
Trinity

I really like those names, or at least most of them. It's interesting to hear what people are naming their kids these days.

July 26th, 2011, 10:50 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^I have to admit, a couple of those listed border on weird (isn't Celica a model of small car?)

But we did not have too much trouble picking a name for this little guy. Boy names are much, much easier for us. We never did really "settle" on one if it was a girl. But I am sure we would have picked one eventually. We actually already have our next boy name picked (it has been one we have wanted to use anyway, but it sounds a little weird with our last name. But we don't care anymore). I just think girl names are harder. Some people say they think they are easier.

This babe is Kieran Patrick (if you didn't notice on the siggy already). Kieran for himself and Patrick after my grandma.

Our next son will be Blake Alexander. Blake for himself, Alexander after my brother. Now we will have all girls til we are done! Lol.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
July 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We didn't have to hard of a time. We had the girl name picked out from our first loss. Boy names were a little harder but we had settled on one of each before the scan. Glad you guys settled on one you like.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 26th, 2011, 09:32 PM
klockert's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure we are going with Gabriella Jane.
July 27th, 2011, 09:35 AM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No clue here. It feels soooo far away. I'm only 6 weeks so I suppose we won't start talking about it until I make it to the second trimester.

If you ask my 10 year old daughter though it WILL be a girl and her name WILL be Macy Jo. She's already writing it all over. She cracks me up!
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
July 27th, 2011, 09:49 AM
mom2moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingFaith View Post
I love that name!

I have had a girl named picked out for 3 years, Avery Jane

We have no clue for a boy, we should know the gender with the results of our CVS on Aug.1, so within the next two weeks!
If this one would have been a girl, the name would have been Avery Rae. LOVE the name Avery.

We had a super hard time with this one. Boy names suck, in my opinion. LOL It just seems a lot harder. We finally decided on a name, although we're keeping it a secret from our friends and family. Haven't even mentioned in to my DDC. The name will be Finnegan Micheal. We'll call him Finn. I like how I have MorGAN and then FinneGAN. The Micheal is for the hubby's godfather. I went through a LOT of online lists to find a name. I had a list of 12 and DH shot them ALL down. I wanted to strangle him. finally, I told him he could pick a middle name and I would pick a first name (he agreed as long as he didn't HATE the name.) Phew. Name picking is stressful!! LOL
July 27th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Being on Team Green we struggled with names big time I think we have our boy name narrowed to Parker or Jacob, I like Jake but I am on the fence because of popularity.

As far as girls go the list is a little longer it will be Gianna,Adriana, Ariana, Lila, Danica, or DeAnna
July 27th, 2011, 12:21 PM
mom2moose
By the way Julie, LOVE your name. It's original but not odd. Lovely.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search