Hello Heartburn!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 09:11 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I forgot about heartburn during pregnancy. But I will take it over morning sickness.

What do you do to help relieve the heartburn?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 26th, 2011, 10:46 PM
mom2moose
If it's JUST heartburn, I usually just do Tums or Maalox. If it's reflux too, then I do Zantac 150 ALONG with Tums if it's really bad. (I just asked my OB about this as I have SEVERE reflux right now.)

Good luck. Hope you find some relief!!
July 27th, 2011, 04:15 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB gave me a script for Zantac 150 (twice a day). It definitely helps, though it's starting to get worse now.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 27th, 2011, 05:31 AM
mom2moose
Charlene - I do the Zantac thing too. When I told the OB that the stuff wasn't working anymore, he told me to also chew Tums throughout the day, that they were safe to take with the Zantac, plus they give you calcium. If it gets REALLY bad, he said that some docs will write a script for Zantac 300. (My OB won't though.) Also, he said to alternate Pepcid with the Zantac and that might help you. I was going to PM this to you yesterday but forgot! I remembered you telling me that your reflux was getting worse too.
July 27th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
Charlene - I do the Zantac thing too. When I told the OB that the stuff wasn't working anymore, he told me to also chew Tums throughout the day, that they were safe to take with the Zantac, plus they give you calcium. If it gets REALLY bad, he said that some docs will write a script for Zantac 300. (My OB won't though.) Also, he said to alternate Pepcid with the Zantac and that might help you. I was going to PM this to you yesterday but forgot! I remembered you telling me that your reflux was getting worse too.
Thanks Jenny!! I think I'll be making a trip to the pharmacy today!

~~~

July 27th, 2011, 07:46 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I usually do tums . This pregnancy hasn't been too bad. But I don't mind because it means baby has hair or at least does with my other babies.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Ugh, I remember having severe heartburn at night with DD. I just used Tums and slept with 4 pillows under me but, this time I will def. ask about Zantac if it starts up again.

1/25/12

July 27th, 2011, 09:11 AM
mom2moose
KeepingFaith - If you need Zantac, you can just go to any pharmacy to buy it. They have 75 mg's or 150 mg's. I think Charlene needs a prescription maybe because she's in Canada?? Only the Zantac 300 needs a script.
July 27th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
KeepingFaith - If you need Zantac, you can just go to any pharmacy to buy it. They have 75 mg's or 150 mg's. I think Charlene needs a prescription maybe because she's in Canada?? Only the Zantac 300 needs a script.
I don't need the script, I can buy it OTC, but with the script my insurance covers it!

~~~

July 27th, 2011, 09:51 AM
mom2moose
Really?? I didn't even know you could do that. I wonder if it's just in Canada or if that would work here. That stuff gets expensive, especially when I'm popping them like candy!! LOL
July 27th, 2011, 10:25 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I heard the more heartburn you have during pregnancy... The more hair your baby will have.... Haha. It may be a myth but just saying Your little girl may have a whole head of hair Missy!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
July 27th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakay View Post
I heard the more heartburn you have during pregnancy... The more hair your baby will have.... Haha. It may be a myth but just saying Your little girl may have a whole head of hair Missy!
I was told the same thing when I was preggo with Danica.....but here she is at 1 month:

Not too much going on up top! lol

~~~

July 27th, 2011, 12:27 PM
mom2moose
I had never had heartburn in my life until I got pregnant with Moose. This is how much she had at 2 days old. (It all fell out at 2 months. LOL)

July 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, Mia was born with a mop on her head, lol.....all that heart burn was trully the real deal with her! I never had heart burn with my four other children, and all of them were born with just the "fuzzy" stuff. Mia's did not fall out eather, lol.

Im getting minimal heart burn, but it got really bad in the 3rd trimester with Mia, so Im thinking it is just now starting to kick in again. It was horrid, I hated it, to the point where I lost my appitiete most days. Ive just now started in the last couple of days, and praying it does not get that bad again.....I dont mind a bald baby, they eventually grow hair!

I just cut out all tomatoe products, orange juice, anything that had acid in it! (fast food too) I hate tums, they make me sick to my stomache. Diet alone worked pretty good for me, but I should of probably taken meds too.......Im just stubburn like that!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 27th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I take tums now when i get heartburn. With ds I took Nexium and it was a lifesaver... I plan to do that again if it gets bad in the third trimester.

July 27th, 2011, 05:36 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My heartburn is very bad! The dr I saw today thinks that's what's making me feel so sick...He prescribed me something but I haven't picked it up yet...i'll let you know if it works.

July 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Jenny - I totally love that picture of you and Moose! LOVE IT!! You look so radiant and happy - it took my breath away.

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

July 28th, 2011, 12:30 AM
mom2moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Jenny - I totally love that picture of you and Moose! LOVE IT!! You look so radiant and happy - it took my breath away.
Thanks. That made me cry. And I WAS feeling happy and radiant. Moose was the result of 8 years of infertility. (I remind myself of that when she's pushing my buttons. LOL)
July 28th, 2011, 04:28 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh! I had terrible heartburn with both of my kids. I take Aciphex for my GERD to start with. I would use Maalox, Tums, and Zantac 150 on top of it, and it never touched it. Be careful with the Tums. Too many of them can cause raging constipation. I had my first introduction to the phrase fecal impaction when I was pregnant with DS, and the doctors attributed it to regular pregnancy constipation mixed with the fact that I was popping Tums like Pez. Not a pleasant experience. I hope you're able to find relief!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids623 View Post
the phrase fecal impaction when I was pregnant with DS, and the doctors attributed it to regular pregnancy constipation mixed with the fact that I was popping Tums like Pez. Not a pleasant experience. I hope you're able to find relief!
Thanks for letting me know! I appreciate this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search