Latest on Me!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 10:44 PM
mom2moose
So, I've been so busy, I haven't had much time to get on here lately. But, I had a doctor's appt on Friday that irritated me and went to L&D yesterday (that also irritated me, LOL) so here's the latest:

At my OB appt on Friday, I had a different OB than my normal one, as she was on vacay. I decided I was going to ask the OB about getting an u/s to see how large the cyst on my left ovary was. I explained the pain and that I wanted to know how big it was. He scheduled the u/s but this is why. He asked me if I had a follow up to my 20 week anatomy scan. I told him no, and asked why? He said because the u/s had shown a "possible" problem with the baby's kidney (something about a valve that would need "re-opened" after birth.) He said this was a common worry, and that the follow up u/s usually showed the problem had fixed itself. But, as it's more prevalent with boys, it needed to be checked. I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT ANY OF THIS!!! My jerk OB NEVER mentioned that there could possibly be a problem, nor did she mention a follow up u/s. In fact, when I asked for an u/s a few weeks ago, she told me I was fine and didn't need one. Thank God I saw this other OB or I wouldn't even know. I'm not overly concerned about the kidney thing. As the OB explained, the chances are kind of small that there's even a problem, and if there IS, it can be corrected right after birth. They take a catheter and open up the valve. The problems occur when they don't do anything. (Which very well could have happened as my OB sucks!!) So, Friday is my u/s to check for baby's kidneys and a growth scan as I'm apparently measuring "off" again. And to check the cyst. Then next Wed. I have my stupid 3 hour glucose test, as the OB put the fear of God into me. Thankfully, my mom is coming to watch Moose.

Yesterday, I had contractions starting around 5 am. By 4 p.m. my BFF was a nervous wreck that I was in labor. I knew I wasn't, but as my hubby is working out of town all week (again) I thought maybe I should get looked at while she could watch Moose. Called the OB, they sent me into L&D, got hooked up. I am not dilated, 35% effaced, contractions were small, baby's heart rate was in the 130 to 150 range, and they discovered a kidney/bladder infection that they believe are causing the contractions. I am supposed to take it easy, and I have a script for an antibiotic. It's just REALLY hard to take it easy when you have a toddler and a husband that is out of town from Mon until Fri night, ya know??

Wow, this got long. Thanks to those who hung in. LOL
July 27th, 2011, 04:26 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Glad you saw the different OB! Hopefully Friday's u/s will show that the kidney "issue" has resolved.

Yeah, I know the whole "trying to relax with a toddler and a never there hubby" lol, it's impossible! Will he be working out of town again or is this the last time at least until baby comes?

Hope the infection goes away and takes the contractions with it!!

Thanks for the update! I've been wondering how you've been!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 27th, 2011, 05:28 AM
mom2moose
He's out of town through most of August. He does come home on weekends, thankfully. But I'm so big now, it feels impossible to keep a clean house, cook, take care of Moose, etc and still try to "take it easy." I told him by Labor Day, he would have to start coming home every night. I do NOT want to drag a toddler to the hospital if I can avoid it, ya know???
July 27th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness for this new doctor! Hopefully everything will be all fixed wiht the kidneys but definitely better to know sooner rather than later. Good luck on Friday!

July 27th, 2011, 07:45 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Glad you saw another dr and they took better care of you. I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering where you had been . I am glad you popped in for an update. I hope all goes well with the U/S and there are no more worries. Not much longer now . I hope your DH can start coming home when you want/need. That would be rough taking moose with you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search