Questions for those with girls...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, the newborn diapers thread made me think of these...help me out...

So I always bought Pampers Swaddlers for the boys, they'd leak out of the huggies because of teh umbilical cord cut...boys "pee up" and out of their diapers.

Well, where do little girl diapers leak? I'd assume around the legs????

And along that line (changing girl diapers), do you have to keep a squirt bottle or something for messy diapers? I mean, HOW do you make sure she's all clean? Is it "yucky" to do?? I mean, yes she's my daughter so I'll get used to whatever, but I'm just wondering just how different and how many new ropes I'm going to have to learn here.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

July 28th, 2011, 07:16 AM
mom2moose
Moose's diapers leaked out the legs, if they leaked at all. And I never used a squirt bottle. You just have to spread eveything apart and make sure you're gentle, but that you get EVERYTHING clean. I always used the sensitive wipes, so it wouldn't irritate her girl bits. Does that make sense??
July 28th, 2011, 07:26 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you!! I was wondering the same thing.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 28th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
And make sure you wipe front to back. Be careful to not press anything toward her urethra--don't want to cause an UTI.
July 28th, 2011, 07:42 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree. Maryella's diapers always leaked from the legs if they leaked. I ditto the spreading everything gently and making sure it's clean and to wipe from to back. You'd be surprised how much poop can hid in those folds. It'll feel a little awkward, but you'll get used to it... kinda.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 28th, 2011, 07:58 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
What all the other ladies said. Julia rarely leaked out of dipes, but she if she did, it was around the legs or up the back if she was laying down for a long time (napping). Her diapers were much more used than Liams. I feel like I waste diapers with Liam sometimes because the back is totally dry!! And the front is soaked. Lol.

I never found Julia harder to change than Liam. But I did not think much about it. Just wiped her up good (front to back) and made sure her little hidden parts were not keeping poo trapped. Even now, at five, I check after she wipes herself after the bathroom (#2 I mean) because she sometimes does not wipe herself up good. Julia is not even biologically mine and I never was grossed out by cleaning her up. But I am not a squimish soul, so it was just part of her care. If the dipe was super-super gross, sometimes I just put her in the bath. But we never had to use a squirt bottle or anything. I am sure the learning curve will be fast
July 28th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad you posted this! I've been wondering about this too (if we have a girl) because the boy parts are so easy to clean!
July 28th, 2011, 08:12 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As an infant, Mia or Paige never leaked out. I used Huggies newborn (the cushy kind) but as an older baby, Mia leaks out her front. Paige was bf'd and her poopy diapers leaked out of all brands, I swore her exit whole was in the middle of her back, lol.....I dont think it matters much wich brand you use, there all pretty much the same IMO. As for cleaning girls, yes its a bit more detailed, lots of spreading stuff apart to get it ALL out, but never any squirt bottles. Just sensitive wipes.

Boys were sooooo much easier to clean, I miss those days!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 28th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if I was told right or not (someone correct me if they have heard different). The first couple of poops (the really tar like black mess)... I was told not to "spread" or "dig" to get it out. After that, it's just like the other ladies have described.

July 28th, 2011, 09:22 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Ya know I had a girl then a boy. I never really thought much of it. I agree with all that has been posted. Thanks for posting this I would never have thought to post this . You are gonna do great momma.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
And I was worried about boys! For some reason I thought that it would be harder with a boy lol

What everyone else has said about clearning is pretty much it, no spray and sensitive wipes. Be thorough but gentle and always front to back.

Danica always leaked poop out the back (no matter diaper brand), and never leaked pee (but she had to be changed often).

Good insight about boy pee filling up the front, makes sense, but never thought of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Makenna View Post
I don't know if I was told right or not (someone correct me if they have heard different). The first couple of poops (the really tar like black mess)... I was told not to "spread" or "dig" to get it out. After that, it's just like the other ladies have described.
I was never told that, but I was told for the first 1-2 weeks that there would be some clearish, or milky discharge (sometimes even a little bloody) in the folds and not to work hard at wiping it away, that it was good to stay. Danica did have it and it was gone after about 10-11 days.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

July 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
mom2moose
Charlene - I'm also worried about a boy. A girl never worried me, because we have the same parts, I guess. LOL I was also told to leave the milky white stuff in her crease because it helped her. For the first week or two as well. Good point!!!!

Also be aware that some baby girls have hard lumps under their boobs and they can actually "leak". Moose had the hard nubs but never leaked.
July 28th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah -- that reminds me. I was told, and Makenna did have it, that baby girls can have a few drops of blood come from their vagina. I'm so glad I was told before hand because I would have REALLLY freaked out when it happened.

July 28th, 2011, 11:39 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I had a girl, then a boy, then 5 girls. I never really thought about it. With my girls, we have poop leaks up the back. Pee rarely leaks. Usually, if there are leaks, it's because the diaper is the wrong size, either too big or too small. With Natalie, I refuse to pay more for preemie diapers so we have an occasional newborn diaper leak. She doesn't leak when I use cloth.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 28th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all! That all makes sense, as far as front to back wiping and sensitive wipes...for the first few months I don't use wipes...I use cheap towels I cut to small squares adn then use plain warm water...since my kids have such sensitive skin.

OMGosh I never heard of discharge or blood! That GOODNESSS you all told me...can you imagine how I'd FREAK seeing that??? Or Feeling lumps??? OMGOSH!

As for boys, they are SUPER easy to clean. Obviously you want to be gentle, and if they have a circ done you have to roll back the foreskin with each change so it doesn't try to re-attach...but it's just second nature after the first change or two.

I'm so glad I got the nerve to ask this...at first I thought you all might think I'm weird...but I'm just super paranoid about not cleaning enough, hurting her, etc. I can honestly say I've NEVER changed a diaper on a girl. My sister has one girl, but she had her with a boy twin...so whenever diapers needed to be changed I took Sam to change and she took Ali. hahahaha

Anything else you can think of (like the lumps/blood/discharge stuff) feel free to let me know. lol That would have scared the living heck out of me!

July 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Honestly....I don't think girls are harder than boys. I think they're different, yes, but in some ways I think Patrick was harder. I had to be quicker, he'd pee all over more often than Erin did!

July 28th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love this thread. Learned a lot. Great question.

July 28th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do look forward to the fact that I won't get peed on every time I pull down a diaper to change it. lol

July 28th, 2011, 07:30 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubshope View Post
I do look forward to the fact that I won't get peed on every time I pull down a diaper to change it. lol
Amazingly girls can get you covered in pee too!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 28th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
Amazingly girls can get you covered in pee too!
They can...but I swear they don't do it as often!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search