got my bfp but!!!! (pg mentioned) XPOSTED update in 21 and 28!!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, i got a bfp on tuesday. I was keeping quiet because I didn't want to jinx it. I went in for my beta's today as I am 14dpt, and they are only 75. The nurse said that it doesn't look great. They like to see them around 200. She told me that they want me to come in again on Sunday to see what goes on.

FML...really?????

Anyone have numbers like that and are now in the clear????

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels

Last edited by mmllhh; August 2nd, 2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: update
July 29th, 2011, 09:35 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I didn't get any betas done so I can't know for sure on the last question. But, I wanted to say congratulations and I will be praying for you to have a sticky little bean!

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

July 29th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Super Mommy
Are you sure of your dates? I went in for count and they called and said it was 51, SUPER EARLY. So I went in this week and they are up to 1210, she was very pleased. I have been obsessing over the HCG chart and the ranges are HUGE that are considered normal. Good luck!!
July 29th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've always had my betas done at 14dpo because i go to an RE and they schedule the test automatically for that date. I've always had low first beta numbers - once it was 28. I've never had an early loss - so none were attributed to low betas. The only thing that really matters is the doubling time so try not to worry yet.

Congrats on the BFP!

July 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I had a 3day transfer IVF so I'm sure of the dates, but I didn't get a bfp until this past tuesday so I feel like they are doubling right on schedule. I got a faint bft tuesday morning with an frer so my beta's would have been around 15-30. I hope to get better numbers on sunday.

July 29th, 2011, 11:18 AM
mom2moose
I don't remember my actual numbers, but the nurse told me repeatedly to "prepare to m/c." They said my numbers were much lower than they should be, and that they weren't doubling as they should either. Moose is now 3 years old. Numbers only get you so far. I don't want to give false hope, but there IS hope until you know for sure otherwise. Hang in there. I know the waiting game SUCKS!!!! I'll be thinking of you!! good luck!!

And Welcome to the board!!!!
July 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am about to have a heart attack with excitement for you!!!!!

I say because you did not even get your 1st bfp until later that you implanted late and your betas are right on target!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 29th, 2011, 12:19 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first beta with Juliana was 18. Also, my numbers didn't double at one point, I spotted, and my progesterone was borderline low for every draw. She is 2. This time with Toby, I didn't get any blood draws because it only caused stress last time.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
July 29th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never had betas done...but sounds from others' posts that this can be fine! Praying your numbers go way up by Sunday. And CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP! C'mon sticky little Bean!!!!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

July 29th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Toots216's Avatar Super Mommy
I just double checked my numbers for my current pg - at 11 DPO my betas were 18, and 13 DPO they were 58. It sure looks like your number is OK!! Fingers crossed for an awesome doubling number on Sunday. CONGRATS!!!

9/27/10 @ 7w1d
12/3/10 @ 5w4d

Our rainbow baby, William Patrick, finally arrived at 39w5d on 2/23/12!
7 pounds, 19 inches of healthy baby boy!
July 29th, 2011, 10:34 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I didn't do beta's this pregnancy. Although my last pregnancy was 48 then 84 and I didn't lose her until 12 weeks so HCG wasn't my problem. I am so excited for you sweetie!! Prayers that this is your stickie bean and you are with us for the next 9 months.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 30th, 2011, 05:48 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome to PAL OFFICIALLY!! My betas with this pregnancy were very low at 13dpo, the lowest of all my pregnancy's, including my m/c's. It was only a 28. They did MORE than TRIPLE to a 101 by 15dpo. As you can see, she is doing great! I did chart, so Im pretty accurate of my days too........hang in there, cant wait for Sunday's super high number!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 30th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well with kaet my first draw was 5 yep just 5.... So keep you chin up..... then then next time they were really high .Can not remember the number !!!
July 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your BFP! I didn't get any betas this time because it was too stressful. I'm sending you positive thoughts that yours continue to double and baby sticks.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
July 30th, 2011, 08:35 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Congrats, Im happy to see ya here!!
Try to relax and wait to see what Sunday brings, Im praying for good news, and it really doesnt sound too low to me. Hugs!
ETA My 13 dpo was only 58! SOunds like yours is similar to that and this baby is almost fully done!

[/url

Last edited by tobi4; July 30th, 2011 at 08:38 AM.
July 30th, 2011, 08:42 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think your number sounds great! Sometimes IVF numbers are a little lower in the beginning. I wish the nurse wouldn't have said anything!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 30th, 2011, 10:26 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I agree that the number sounds perfectly fine...especially with the implantation timeline. If you got your first BFP at 11DPO and it was so faint. FRER can pick up less than 10 HCG levels...I know that for a fact.

I know I had betas done the day after my first faint BFP (wed for you) and they were 10 Then the next one I had done three days later at 12DPO and they were 93. So really your numbers sound totally fine. You were two days behind my BFP timeline (later implantation, well within the normal window), so your numbers are increasing just fine in my book. I hate it when docs/nurses follow a really strict chart that obviously has tons of variation.

Oh, and I should note...those numbers I gave you are from this pregnancy...which started as twins (seen on sonogram at 7 weeks, but one was non-viable by 8 weeks). So I bet my numbers would have been much lower if I had not had two in there.

Hang in there mama!! I hope Sunday's numbers blow you away And I am saying CONGRATS!! because I really think this is a great start to a long-boring pregnancy

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
July 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I would love a long boring pregnancy, all i've had thus far is short and emotionally painful. This one has to be it, it's my lucky #7. 7th pregnancy, in july the 7th month and it was our 7th month trying since i had the surgery to fix my wonky uterus.

July 30th, 2011, 12:38 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
7 is my favorite number, and that's a lot of 7s. I have a good feeling about this one. You deserve this so much!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the others.....numbers can be really tricky and weird those first several weeks. I didn't get my betas done this time either for the exact same reason. I think it sounds good so far and I wouldn't worry until there is truly something to worry about! Congrats!!!!!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search