Traditions

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2011, 11:49 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What traditions are you looking forward to passing on to your child(ren)?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 31st, 2011, 04:32 AM
mom2moose
Giving them pj's on Christmas Eve!! (So everyone looks cute on Christmas morning!) Leaving a card and a bag of candy in their room for them the morning of the their birthday. (My mom worked, so on our birthday, we would wake up and find a card and a bag of candy on the washing machine. It held us over until she got home from work that night and we got our present, but it made us knew she was thinking of us!)
July 31st, 2011, 06:55 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
There weren't too many traditions honestly. I hope that I can make a hot meal most mornings because that is what my mom did. It made Christmas morning that much more special because it was the only time of the year we got cold cereal. I would love to pass that on.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 31st, 2011, 07:08 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
O boy, I have lots, lol.........I was raised by grandparents who were born in 1915!

Having the entire family over for Christmas, baking Christmas cookies the day before Christmas Eve (18hrs of non stop work). Easter basket hunting, going camping every weekend in the summer, learning how to cook for alot of people, making lots of grandchildren for me, lol.......having a vegtable garden in the back yard (everyone in my family has one), our secret family salad recipe, learning how to fry catfish properly, I could write a book with tradition........but these are the ones that come to mind first!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

July 31st, 2011, 09:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We too do the PJ's on Christmas Eve except we also do a book. We try very hard to read every night, my mom did this but not all the time but I find it makes bed time much easier cause dd loves reading. Basket and Egg hunts on Easter. Family vacation, Weekend breakfasts, game night.

Neither DF or I had a ton of traditions growing up but we started alot of our own with DD and I plan to continue those for a long time to come
July 31st, 2011, 09:46 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We have started our own traditions . We recently started doing pj's on Christmas eve. Baking cookies or just baking in general. There are more but I can't think of them now.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 2nd, 2011, 07:40 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Singing on Christmas eve. My parents made us sing Christmas carols to them before being able to go to bed (the only night of the year we always wanted to go to bed early ). They wanted to keep us awake as long as they could thinking that would make us sleep later (hah!). But I always remember singing for them.

Whatever meal they want for dinner on their birthday plus their choice of cake.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search