Seriously?? Is this normal? (TMI alert)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2011, 12:45 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So last night, I woke up at 4 in the morning and started puking. I didn't realize morning sickness would WAKE you up. I'm usually a very good sleeper. Recently, I change temperatures about 20 times a night -- too hot, too cold, covers on, covers off.....

Then, to top it all off , the last two times I've thrown up, during the more deep/violent hurls, I noticed that I will involintarly lose about a teaspoon (each time) of urine. I'm tired of changing my underwear. Do I really have to get incontinence pads?? On road trips, my family calls me "bladder of steel", cuz I can ALWAYS hold it when needed.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has experienced any of this. I'm feeling very self-concious about being 36 and pregnant.

July 31st, 2011, 01:00 PM
mom2moose
Here's a story that should make you feel a bit better:

I was violently sick for the first 4.5 months this pregnancy. I would also wake up to puke (also did the hot/cold thing too.) Anyways, I don't wear underwear to bed. (Bet you always wanted to know that little tidbit, eh?? LOL) So, I was wearing just a pair of shorts and a tank top. I was hanging out with my daughter and husband and knew I was going to puke. Went into the bathroom without shutting the door. Of course, the whole family followed me. As I'm throwing up in the toilet, pee is running down my leg and pooling on the linoleum of the bathroom floor. LOL With no underwear on, there was nothing to even slow the flow down. Tee hee And that happened to me at least 5 times.

I'm 35 and pregnant, but don't know if that matters. I also pee when I cough, laugh or sneeze. Hoping all this goes away when I'm no longer pregnant.

Good luck to both of us. LOL
July 31st, 2011, 02:19 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I can't share a story like Jenny but I do pee at times when I cough or sneeze. I know that is normal. I think what you are describing is normal. I do have temperature problems but its usually later in pregnancy. I think you can have it all pregnancy though. I hope you don't keep having rough nights.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 31st, 2011, 05:11 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going through all of that...

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

July 31st, 2011, 06:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yep, totally me, Sacha. I don't throw up as much anymore, but every time I do I pee.

July 31st, 2011, 07:41 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahhh... so glad to know that I'm normal. I still don't enjoy any of it, but at least I'm normal. Thanks ladies!

August 1st, 2011, 03:29 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I think it's worse for people who have had babies before. I can't see signatures to know if this is your first child. The pelvic floor muscles weaken after a birth. That's why they're always talking about the kegel exercises. I didn't do them because I am lazy, so I have the same urine thing when I sneeze or cough sometimes and I am not pregnant.
August 1st, 2011, 04:37 AM
mom2moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
I think it's worse for people who have had babies before. I can't see signatures to know if this is your first child. The pelvic floor muscles weaken after a birth. That's why they're always talking about the kegel exercises. I didn't do them because I am lazy, so I have the same urine thing when I sneeze or cough sometimes and I am not pregnant.
TOTALLY agree!! About all of it. I was too lazy to do Kegels (still am.) And I never had this problem until I had Moose, but it did continue after I had her. At least when I sneezed or coughed. Now that I'm pregnant again, I just happen to pee a LOT more. LOL
August 1st, 2011, 05:18 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely normal. I remember having to put towels under me when I was pregnant with DD. I used to have bad coughing fits in the middle of the night that would make me pee, and even though I already had a waterproof mattress cover on my bed, changing sheets in the middle of the night is no fun!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 1st, 2011, 05:52 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All of that sounds normal to me. The very first time I threw up with my son was in the middle of the night.

As for peeing, if I'm feeling puking is eminent, I'll go pee first. If I don't have time, I actually sit on the toilet and puke in a bucket. And panty liners should be enough to hold the little amount that comes out.
August 1st, 2011, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup that's me too. Morning sickness woke me up a few times. When my bladder was full and I was heaving, I'd leak. DH thought it was bizarre and kinda funny. lol I'm like thanks.. but yeah. Normal.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yeah...totally normal!!! I am "only" 26 and this happened to me more times than I can count. Even before I was pregnant, if I had a coughing fit, I would need to cross my legs. Lol. I wore a pantiliner in early pregnancy because of that and the progesterone...but it came in handy when I was puking and peeing at the same time. That bladder just is not the same in pregnancy (or sometimes just after having one pregnancy it never is the same).

I personally have not had morning sickness wake me up, but I know tons of people do. And the temperature thing is really, really normal. I am doing it now and did it in the beginning too. Your body and the hormones just can not regulate like they used to.
August 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As everyone else says, it's normal! Welcome to the gross side of pregnancy .

I also had a problem this time with puking after taking some colace for constipation. It was bad. Very very bad. I don't take colace anymore. Luckily, I don't need it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search