Nausea coming back?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
For the past couple of weeks, I have noticed my first trimester nausea coming back. It isn't the HORRIBLE nausea of the first trimester, but it is enough that my appetite has gone back to being non existent. I feel hungry, I eat then I feel like I am going to throw up; even if it is a slice of bread. So, I am yet again in a stage of declining weight. It really isn't good at all! I JUST got to my pre pregnancy weight. I was even able to get 3 pounds over it in the last month. But now...I am back down 2 more pounds and only 1 pound over pre pregnancy. I was overweight, but not obese, when I got pregnant. I still should have gained at least 15 pounds. Even with accounting for what I gained after I lost, I am only up 8 pounds. I have enough to worry about without weight being one of them. I am just afraid my midwife will drop me if I don't gain weight in the last trimester.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My nausea never completely went away. It became mild enough so I could eat, though. I'm a few weeks behind you but I also lost a bunch of weight in the first trimester from all the puking/loss of appetite. Like 10 pounds! I am a little overweight, too, by like 30 pounds pre pregnancy. I went from about 188 pounds at my first appt at 6 weeks, to like somewhere around 175 by week 8. My OB doesn't seem too concerned about it, as he hasn't brought it up more than just commenting on it once. I'm not even sure if I should try to gain a little or just maintain my weight. I'm eating as much as I feel I need. I eat until I'm full, but not uncomfortably so. I also eat smaller amounts and more often though. I can't pack it away like I used to. You might try the same, if you haven't been already. I think your body knows what it needs and if you pay attention to that, I don't think you can go too wrong. I don't think your MW will drop you for not gaining a lot of weight. Especially not if you were a little overweight to begin with like I was.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 2nd, 2011, 10:30 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I went through a couple week stage where my nausea came back too. But it went away again. It was sorta like you are describing, I would eat and then feel barfy for a while. I actually did not lose any weight that I had gained, but if I had not forced myself to eat, I might have. I just snacked a lot thru the day, instead of actual meals. I found that sometimes liquids were better (aka: yogurt, watermelon/fruit, milk). So maybe try some smoothies and see if they are not as barf-inducing.

I was overweight with the last pregnancy and never gained an ounce. My midwife never mentioned that she would drop me for not gaining weight. You can not necessarily control your body. Sure, it would be great if you could put on some weight...but it is not a requirement of pregnancy if you are eating healthy and the baby is growing properly.
August 2nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
3rd trimester nausea is usually a form of reflux. Try taking zantac 75 (what I've been on all 4 pregnancies) just before a meal and see if that helps.

August 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine came back about 2 weeks ago. It feels like a combination of acid reflux and morning sickness.

I hope you feel better soon!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 2nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Mine comes and goes. I doubt your MW would drop you for lack of weight gain. Sorry you don't feel good.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 2nd, 2011, 07:36 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you are able to eat again so you won't feel so stressed out.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search