Remember when

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
This is probably more for those in the 2nd tri and beyond but fun either way.
Do you remember how you felt when you joined PAL?
Who do you remember seeing and thinking I can't wait to be there?
Do you ever think about our new ladies and the hope you bring them by still being here?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 4th, 2011, 08:13 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Yes, I was scared. As I had been in PAL twice earlier the same year and lost those babies I wasn't sure what to think. I so desperately wanted this baby to stick and I was pretty much on edge the whole 1st trimester. At the same time I was excited and thrilled and so happy to be pregnant. With each day & milestone that passed I felt more comfortable. I could never thank you girls enough for being here for me every step of the way!
Who do you remember seeing and thinking I can't wait to be there? You Jessica and Lori. You were both about a month + ahead of me and I so desperately wanted to be farther along to get through that first stage.
Do you ever think about our new ladies and the hope you bring them by still being here? Everyday I think about the new ladies here. I still go to TTCAL everyday to cheer them on. It is a mixed thing with me and TTCAL as I can't seem to leave there - I care for so many girls there and understand their pain but at times I worry that I hurt them as I am pregnant and they are not.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 4th, 2011, 12:25 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I was scared. It took me a while to join any DDC or PAL because I had 5 angels. I didn't want to be the downer of the board if I were to miscarry again.

Who do you remember seeing and thinking I can't wait to be there?
Jess and Brittanie.

Do you ever think about our new ladies and the hope you bring them by still being here?
I always think of the ladies that join the board. I go through all of my fear again for them. I pray that they get their rainbow babies. I can only hope that I give them hope. I go back to RPL as well, but feel horrible as most ladies are still TTC and I don't want to rub my pregnancy in their face.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
It is a mixed thing with me and TTCAL as I can't seem to leave there - I care for so many girls there and understand their pain but at times I worry that I hurt them as I am pregnant and they are not.
You don't hurt me. I think if you did a poll just about everyone would agree. I find it sadder that some people leave and never come back, that hurts a lot worse.
August 4th, 2011, 02:41 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
You don't hurt me. I think if you did a poll just about everyone would agree. I find it sadder that some people leave and never come back, that hurts a lot worse.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 4th, 2011, 08:20 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Lori and Courtney... You helped me with something I was struggling with.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 4th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Which time? lol I was terrified when I got my bfp with Erin, and had a little breakdown. I never really left after that...lol

Anybody wanted to be here with is gone now.

August 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was terrified to come to PAL this time because a few days after I started posting last time I lost the baby. This time early on I had a hard time seeing some of the August DDC ladies because I was still in the "I should be there" stage, but that doesn't bother me now because I wouldn't have this baby if I had the August baby.

Yes, I always think of the ladies with the new BFPs. I get nervous right along with them hoping that they will have their sticky babies. I remember when Nicole and Missy first got their BFPs and I was so nervous for them.

Quote:
I still lurk in TTCAL and think of everyone often, but I rarely ever post for the same reasons Missy mentioned. I love that you are checking in on us, too, Courtney.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
August 4th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyKitty View Post
This time early on I had a hard time seeing some of the August DDC ladies because I was still in the "I should be there" stage, but that doesn't bother me now because I wouldn't have this baby if I had the August baby.

August 4th, 2011, 11:21 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Oh I was so scared when I first joined and angry. I know strange. But I was training I wasn't going to go through that pain again. I didn't want to quit my race and lose the baby.
Mary was here and Brittanie.
I post on ttcal when I can and offer support. I wasn't active there when I got my bfp but still know how great it feels when people say congrats. I also try to let them know they are welcome here whenever they feel ready. I hope that we bring them hope that it will happen for them too.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 5th, 2011, 06:13 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
Missy, I totally agree with Courtney and Lori on this one.
August 5th, 2011, 07:17 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you remember how you felt when you joined PAL? Like, WOW, here we go again. Scared that the only outcome for me would be a m/c. I did not join PAL with Mia's pregnancy, but I did with my m/c's in 2009. So I was kind of superstiscous about coming here again.

Who do you remember seeing and thinking I can't wait to be there? Jess and Britt. At the same time, Jess and I were pregnant together when I had Mia, she was due at the end of August and me in the beggining of Sept. I was scared I was jinxing her pregnancy by being pregnant again. I know it sounds silly, but I remember her loss in Feb of 2010 like it was yesterday, and I was so scared I would be here after already having a rainbow baby and that something might go wrong again. I watched her ticker go by more anxiously than my own. When Missy got here too, I felt the same way. I was so anxious for her to get out of the 1st trimester, as I could not bare to be here without her again. Funny how some people on here affect how you feel about your own pregnancy. This board has given me some great friends, friends that are more dear to me than any IRL person I know.

Do you ever think about our new ladies and the hope you bring them by still
being here? All the time. I also stay active in TTCAL, cause I so desperately want them over here. Their struggles and heart ache are felt thousands of miles away, in cyber space by complete strangers like me. There are some girls in TTCAL that I pray for on a daily basis. I think once I see them get their BFP's/ rainbow babies, my journey on JM will come to a close.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 5th, 2011, 07:30 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you remember how you felt when you joined PAL? I was of course terrified, but also so excited to finally have the chance to join everyone over here and get my rainbow baby!
Who do you remember seeing and thinking I can't wait to be there? I remember that Shen was SO far along- I couldn't wait to be there. Also all the girls in the August DDC!
Do you ever think about our new ladies and the hope you bring them by still being here? I love seeing posts of people just joining the board and I hope that we all can stay on this journey together
August 5th, 2011, 09:56 AM
mom2moose
Do you remember how you felt when you joined PAL? Scared!! (Like everyone I'm sure.) I wasn't at all optimistic until I had my first u/s at 8 weeks. Then I was still super shaky until I got through the 1st trimester.

Who do you remember seeing and thinking I can't wait to be there? Shen. She's the one who sticks out in my mind the most. I felt very close to her, although in reality, we have/had nothing in common. Other than the fear of PAL.

Do you ever think about our new ladies and the hope you bring them by still being here? I hope I help them. Like I was helped when I was new. I hope I give hope and not false hope. Everytime we lose one, I'm sad. That could have been any of us, and has been. There are so many women on TTCAL that want what we finally have, it's hard to be totally happy without feeling a little guilty.
August 5th, 2011, 10:14 AM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy

Scared the outcome would be M/C again, but wanted to be here with others who understood.

I check in from time to time to try and bring something positive, but I do stay away because I prefer to stay in Happy mode as much as possible
August 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM
sandiegomom's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
It is a mixed thing with me and TTCAL as I can't seem to leave there - I care for so many girls there and understand their pain but at times I worry that I hurt them as I am pregnant and they are not.[/B][/COLOR]
Having just moved over here from TTAL, you absolutely didn't hurt me by being there. In fact, it was encouraging!

Mommy to Ally-18 and Meagan-15
7/10/2011
8/16/2011
Oh..can't forget my furbabies, Maggie and Milo.

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 5th, 2011, 12:46 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Do you remember how you felt when you joined PAL? I remember being super-nervous. And yet still kinda excited. I did not participate a lot, except worried posts, in those early days. I felt more comfortable here after I guess around 15 weeks? Something around there.
Who do you remember seeing and thinking I can't wait to be there? SHEN!! I remember thinking I "would never" be how far along she was when I joined. And now, I believe I have passed the point she was when I first got here. And her baby is here
Do you ever think about our new ladies and the hope you bring them by still being here? Yes, all the time. I think about the TTCAL ladies all the time and pray to see them coming over to this side. I remember so well how those early days felt so I hope that us still being here and "normalizing" this experience can help them press through the fears.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search