Noob here

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Veteran
Short version. I've had 4 previous losses, with no live babies.
Fast forward:
I'm pregnant after my first round of clomid.
I had horrible betas the week I tested positive at home.
The following week my numbers were doubling every 48-72 hours, but still really low...
Today I went in for u/s and another round of blood work. U/s showed a sac and no pole/yoke, and measuring 5w1d(I calculated being 6 weeks). Have any of you experienced clomid delaying ovulation that then led to a successful pregnancy?
I'm supposed to go in for more testing/sono next Monday.....but I am freakin a little. I just want everything to be ok.
#tryingtoremaincalm
August 8th, 2011, 02:09 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I have never been on any fertility medications, so I can't offer any advice on that, but I wanted to give you some big PAL is so hard and I pray that baby is well and growing when you go in for your next u/s.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 8th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you had low betas and were measuring small, that certainly sounds like you could have ovulated late.

I've never taken clomid before, but I found a site that says you should expect to ovulate 10-15 days after the 1st day of taking clomid. That's a pretty big range, so maybe you were on the later end of it? From this site:
Clomid Ovulation Calculator - When Am I Fertile? | BabyMed.com

((hugs)) It's so hard to not be nervous early on.
August 8th, 2011, 02:55 PM
mom2moose
I know nothing about Clomid. But, with my daughter, we didn't see anything but a sac until I was 7 weeks pregnant. We saw the sac at week 5.5, then the pole at week 6.5, then the heartbeat at 7 weeks. It's still pretty early, I think. also, my numbers weren't "great" either. The crappy nurse kept telling me to "prepare to miscarry." I didn't. Moose is almost 3.

Good luck and I'll be thinking of you!!
August 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first beta with my DD was zero so it's certainly possible. i wish I had the positive test but I got pissed and threw it away. I must have been either earlier DPO than I thought or a late implanter but I'm about to pick my zero HCG up from day care.

I hope that your numbers starting to double will be a good sign for you.
August 8th, 2011, 03:08 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have never done clomid either sorry. Hope you get great results Monday. Don't lose hope. PAL is so very difficult. We are here for you through this.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 8th, 2011, 04:05 PM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't on fertility meds but I had on an u/s once at about 7 1/2 weeks and there was only a sac and no baby. I was devastated. The tech tried a long time to find something and gave up. She said to come back in a week and they would retry. I went back in a week and there on the screen was a little baby measuring right on track.

Different room- different tech. Who knows...

I hope you go back and see everything right on target. =) Good luck!
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
August 8th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes! Clomid delays ovulation a bit in most cases and if you did Clomid day 5-9 which is most common if you were getting pregnant but miscarrying (vs not ovulating at all in which case they do clomid day 3-7) then you would expect to ovulate between days 15-20. That would certainly account for the 5 day difference you are seeing. Also, all babies grow at different rates so the measurements can easily be +/- 3 or 4 days.

August 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Veteran
Omgosh, thank you guys for the support and info. I know it's a difficult road...pal.
I am just so confused by my body right now, and I don't feel like I can trust it....
August 8th, 2011, 06:44 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) I am sorry for all the stress. I hope it is nothing but fantastic news going forward, we are here for you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope your u/s is perfect next week!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 8th, 2011, 07:37 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I know it must be especially hard having 4 losses and no live babies...I am sure it is hard to remain positive when you have experienced so much heartache.

I hope that your numbers continue to rise so you can have some sort of reassurance everything is ok. I agree with the other ladies...I definitely think there is hope!! This TTC stuff is so tricky sometimes.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 9th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board and I pray your numbers continue to go up and you get nothing but good news from here on out!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search