Does DH/SO help you out?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your DH/SO help you out around the house? Does he help with pregnancy related things?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, he's usually really good about both.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 8th, 2011, 07:28 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Yeah he is awesome with helping out!!!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 8th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has been AWESOME! For nearly two weeks I've either been so exhausted, nausious or vomiting. DH has taken on TONS more duties when it comes to our two year old. He does the cooking and the cleaning and the laundry. I've felt like a huge BUMP on a log. I try hard to occasionally "reward" him for all his good deeds, but even finding a good time for that has been dificult.

This last weekend, I've finally gotten a little more energy. I did the laundry this weekend (although there are still a few things to FOLD, but all the hanging is up and put away). I'm helping out more with dishes too.

DH gets a HUGE gold star from me.

August 8th, 2011, 08:01 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Yep DH has been a huge help around the house especially with me being sick with this cold. I am very lucky he is so helpful.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Veteran
Nope. lol every now and then when I beg he might do something but other then that, no help. Pretty sad cause i'm exhausted all the time when i'm not even doing anything but I guess that's "how it is" around here.
August 8th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He does what he can but his work is really hard on him too, he works 3 and 4 - 12 hour shifts each week. I try to keep up with the dishes and small clean up stuff through the week, I also try to do the laundry so that we don't have to worry about it in the weekend but he never has a problem if I say I am overloaded
August 9th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My clinic moved and is no longer on the bus line, so my husband will be taking time off work for all my appointments to drive me there and sit with the kids in the waiting room.

He helps a lot with the kids when I'm home. If I'm too sick to cook dinner, he never complains as he makes frozen pizza or something else simple for himself and the kids. When I was pregnant with our son, the laundry was a closet in the kitchen, which I didn't want to step foot in; he did all of the laundry for the first several months.
August 9th, 2011, 05:41 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is very helpful...when he's home lol He works pretty hard too, so he's often not home till after DD is in bed. But if he is home, and on the weekends, he helps out alot. He does most of the laundry now, especially since the laundry room is in the basement and bedrooms on the 2nd floor.

He's not much of a cook, but thankfully it's summer, and we bbq alot so I'm off the hook for those dinners, plus he's been trying to do some things in the kitchen when he can.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 9th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is always good about splitting housework and parenting duties, especially since my job can be more demanding than his most of the year. He's been extra helpful since I've been pregnant doing laundry which is normally my job. He doesn't cook (which is a good thing) but he's been great about picking up or ordering dinner when i just can't deal with it.

August 9th, 2011, 05:50 AM
mom2moose
No and No. My husband works and pays the bills, everything else is mine, including taking care of Moose and myself, and house. (Can you tell I'm bitter?? LOL)
August 9th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, my husband cleans all the time (including dishes), takes care of my son, cooks occasionally, helps when I ask. I still do the laundry but he occasionally helps with that too.

I feel like a slacker!
August 9th, 2011, 07:29 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
deleted

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Last edited by missy123; August 9th, 2011 at 11:14 AM.
August 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh is awesome. He does the majority of the cooking, cleans the bathrooms (I haven't cleaned a toilet in I don't know how long... probably over a year), takes out the trash, does the lawn, helps with parental duties. We split things like laundry, vacuuming, kitchen clean up, etc. I am sooo spoiled. He does have the summers off, so he has a bit more time than most men, but he still does a lot of the work during the school year. I take care of all the finances, though.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
August 11th, 2011, 02:33 AM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No! He is really starting to tick me off in that department too! I'm right smack dab in the middle of a very sleepy 1st trimester and he just plain doesn't help. If I'm exhausted after work and need to lay down for an hour, he'll park himself in front of the tv and wait an hour for me to make dinner.

I had a fender bender about a week and a half ago and had some cramping afterwards so I laid down. He had the nerve to come in and ask me when dinner was. Yes I ended up making dinner AND cleaning it up.

I have told him on many occasions that I'm getting tired of his selfishness and his unwillingness to help out. In response I get nothing. This man was a bachelor with his own home before we got married so he is perfectly capable too.

Ok I'll shut up now. A sore spot for sure...
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
August 11th, 2011, 06:37 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Since I am on bed rest, he has no choice! LOL He has been great, he doesn't clean to my standards but he does the best he can.

1/25/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search