BIG U/S Question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
So my BIG U/S is scheduled for July 24th (forever away!!) anyway, for it I will go to a high risk OB and its a Level 2 U/S (not sure if that is the norm but that is what my OB's office does). On that day I will be approx. 20 weeks 6 days -- I know they said they do a whole look at ALL the parts and organs and make sure baby looks okay. It seems like everyone in my DDC is going much earlier then I am and I'm further along then a bunch of them - just wanted to see if you think I'm going too late - I don't know how much the timing matters but I was curious!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
June 28th, 2006, 03:03 PM
soontobemommyto3
I didn't have my "big" u/s where they measured the baby's heart and stuff until I was 24 weeks. You are definately not going to late. 20 weeks is average for the u/s. I had one done at 16 weeks with my amnio and the baby wasn't big enough to get accurate measures which is why I went back at 24 weeks.

I was lucky to have had the amnio though because she would not show off her parts at any of my u/s. She always had her legs closed up tight.
June 29th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't think it is too late at all.
I all mine: 19,23,19 weeks so you are about normal.
June 30th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They couldn't see the four heart chambers at my 20 weeks u/s, so I had to go back at 23 weeks, and they saw everything just fine. I was told they like you between 18-20 weeks, but it could be different depending on baby's size and positioning.
Marie
July 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thats not to late at all, they usually do most "big u/s" around 18-20 weeks so that is normal. I had mine at 18W and 5D and there were some things they coudlnt see and I had to go back for a few weeks later so I wouldn't worry that will be perfect timing. Good luck

July 2nd, 2006, 02:37 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I think anytime between 18-22 weeks is the norm for this scan they say that 20+ weeks is best!

July 5th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Super Mommy
One of my big u/s's was at 22 weeks. You're fine!
Waiting for #2!
</div>
July 8th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Super Mommy
Your not having one too late. 20 wks is a good time to have an u/s. It gives "us" techs so much of a better image. We are able to see the organs so much better. Don't worry about the level II either. Lever II is not really any different than a Level I ultrasound. Level II is just where the tech looks a lot more closely at the baby to make sure that there are not any abnormality . Level I us usually just where the tech or Dr is looking for fetal age and heartbeat.

Good Luck

url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/]
July 13th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my dd, I only had one u/s and I was close to 19 weeks. I know that the best time to have the u/s is between 18-22 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search