meal ideas for the nauseated cook?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So I've gotten to the point that thinking about cooking makes me queasy. It doesn't help that I just threw up and had to blow my nose five times to get all the chunks of peaches out of it.

We don't really have much convenience food in the house but I still need to feed my family (even if I can't eat it).

What can I feed my children for lunch? What do I make for dinner? What do I stock up on at the grocery store to make it through the next few weeks?
August 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
KD, sandwiches, frozen pizza and any other meals that are cook from frozen were my best friends (as was DH who took care of many of the dinners on the bbq).

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 10th, 2011, 09:47 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
My kids love Macaroni and Cheese so that helped us get through. Also I got ground beef so DH could have taco night. My kids get to make their own they are 4 and 6 so they are big enough to do that. They also go to daycare so for my 4 yo breakfast and lunch were taken care of and lunch for my 6yo at the YMCA we pack a cold lunch. Sandwiches, fresh fruit kept handy, even fruit snacks or fruit cups help. Crackers like Cheez its to add to the lunches. I did get some frozen pizza's and some tuna helper meals for DH just in case. We haven't had to use them but they are there if he has to cook in a pinch. He doesn't usually cook. I also found the crock pot helped because it was quick and dinner was done that night. When I was working I would prep it the night before and then just turn it on the next morning (storing in the fridge overnight). You could get some stouffers family meals they aren't as good as homemade but they suffice. Sorry you are feeling so sick. We go out to eat more when I was really bad and picky because it was easier too. My first 6 months I was working, doing swim lessons for the kids 2x a week and always busy so it was rough at times.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, ladies.

I think it's worse than it was with my daughter but about the same as it was with my son. Maybe I'm having a boy again?

What sucks is that I do have some meals in the freezer, but they still require more work than I'm capable of right now. Like I have cajun pork chops breaded and a sauce to go with it in the freezer. But I'd still have to fry the pork chops and make a side to go with them. Or I have enchilada filling, but I'd have to thaw it out, put it in tortillas, shred cheese, and then bake them.

I swear that the newborn stage is easier than the 1st trimester for me. With the newborn stage I'm not nauseated and I must be running on endorphins then or something.
August 10th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH was mostly on his own in the kitchen. He just got himself something from one of the many fast food joints in town on his way home from work. He loves mac n cheese, too. That was pretty easy. Cooking wasn't as hard or nauseating for me as the clean up was. Ewww. lol I wasn't too sick to cook, I just didn't have the energy to do it. I was too sick 90% of the time to eat anything more than a piece of dry toast.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 10th, 2011, 10:54 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
I swear that the newborn stage is easier than the 1st trimester for me. With the newborn stage I'm not nauseated and I must be running on endorphins then or something.
I totally agree with this!! I swear I had more energy when DD was newborn than I did throughout any first tri!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 10th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I ordered in a lot the first trimester or left my dh to fend for himself. My ds eats lunch at school and for dinner he was happy with grilled cheese or frozen chicken.

I agree about the newborn stage as well. Aside from not feeling sick, I was not working for 10 weeks which let me spend my days caring for baby and getting housework done in the breaks... cooking was much easier.

August 10th, 2011, 11:11 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
My poor family has been living off anything pre-made for the past 3 months. I have not cooked one single thing. I was so sick and now I am on bed rest. But DD who is 3, has been having mac and cheese, lunchables, grilled cheese...etc. DH has been eating frozen hungry man meals. I couldn't even be in the kitchen while those were cooking the smell made me sick. I hope you feel better soon!

1/25/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search