I got my hcg results :(

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2011, 04:02 PM
sandiegomom's Avatar Super Mommy
well, I was 78 on Monday, and today, I only went up to 113. So, I definitely didn't double. The nurse told me not everyone follows a text book double in 48 hrs, but I think it doesn't look good. I will go in on Friday to re-check, but I am losing all hope at this point.

Mommy to Ally-18 and Meagan-15
7/10/2011
8/16/2011
Oh..can't forget my furbabies, Maggie and Milo.

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 10th, 2011, 04:08 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
My last pregnancy the only one I have done beta's with I was 48 for my first draw and 84 for my next one. I didn't double I was a total basket case. The numbers don't always double text book. Please don't lose hope yet. My losses were not because my beta's or progesterone weren't good. My last loss was suspected infection which has nothing to do with betas. We are here for you. KUP!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did not double with my ds... it was more like every three days, which is slower but still in the normal range. Yours are still doubling every 70 hours or so which is ok. I was panicked of course, as it was my first pregnancy after 2 1/2 years ttc, but it all worked out. I wouldn't worry about it yet - see if they still are on the rise at the next draw.

August 10th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
^ The ladies above have given excellent advice. I think it's more important that they are definitely going up more than just how fast they're going up.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 10th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It was still going up, though, which is good. The "double in 48 hours" is a rough rule of thumb, not an exact measure.
August 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
thanks ladies...I know that everyone isn't textbook. I was just sooo hoping they would double so I could finally ease my mind. I actually did have a return of symptoms today (felt nauseated and boobs are so sore again)...so maybe I just stalled a little yesterday. I am going to try and stay hopeful. It does give me more hope hearing that some of you didn't double and went on to be just fine. I will keep everyone posted.

7/10/2011
8/16/2011

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 10th, 2011, 06:12 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Just wanted to offer hugs....It is nice coming here for support and other peoples experiences especially when it isn't textbook.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM
yeah, everyone else over here has been here at one point, so it is nice to get some reassurance. I wasn't worried at all with the last pregnancy, but after a loss, I am a mess! I have to try and just let it be....I just just haven't figured out how to do that yet because I am a worrier by nature and being that my loss was on July 10th, and to get these numbers today on Aug 10th...just a lot to handle right now. But, I sat out on my deck, looking at the ocean and enjoying the breeze, just trying to relax and be as calm as i can be for now.

7/10/2011
8/16/2011

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 10th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sending positive thoughts that your pregnancy will stick despite the slow doubling. ((hugs))

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
August 11th, 2011, 05:38 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please don't lose hope. Your bean may just be a slow riser. I hope your next number can put your mind a little more at ease.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 11th, 2011, 08:46 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that the numbers didn't ease your mind You have gotten great advice- those numbers can go up slowly and you could still have a perfectly healthy little bean in there. Crossing everything for you!
August 11th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't lose hope! The important thing is they're going up.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) I hope they double plus on Friday so you can ease your mind a little. We all understand and are here for you.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 11th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Numbers are just numbers. According to the numbers, at my height (5'10") I should weigh 135-150 lbs. This is not possible or healthy. I have huge bones (I know I sound like Garfield, "I'm not fat, I'm big boned"). But, that's what the "average" people weigh, I guess.

My point is, if you get caught up in staring at the numbers so closely, you lose sight of the fact that we're all different and do things in different ways. What matters is that the numbers are going up, because in all human pregnancies, that's what they do. Just because Sally Jones's numbers tripled and vacuumed her house for her does not mean that yours are inferior.
August 11th, 2011, 07:04 PM
thanks shadeauxe, I like your way of thinking

7/10/2011
8/16/2011

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 11th, 2011, 07:07 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegomom View Post
thanks shadeauxe, I like your way of thinking
Yeah, Courtney is great!!

I want to know how you get hormones to vacuum the house!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 12th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Yeah, Courtney is great!!

I want to know how you get hormones to vacuum the house!
I can't give away all the secrets in my first two days. There'd be nothing to look forward to.

Duh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search