HCG Results

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
My number was 35. The nurse said it was low but that it's probably because I am so early (3w 4d yesterday). Either way, I'm not too concerned. I go back Monday morning for another test to see if it's going up.

I was mostly spotting free yesterday but had some more this morning and still a lot of cramps. I still feel positive, however time is creeping very slowly and I am very impatient.
August 12th, 2011, 06:48 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I don't understand beta draws very well, I totally understand the impatience!! It's great that you're so positive, it's so easy to be negative in PAL.

I hope the weekend flies by and Monday's draw shows a big jump!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 12th, 2011, 07:18 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I seriously want to smack that nurse. 35 is not too low for how far along you are. Way to go lady. I would never want a medical professional to give me false hope but at the same time it seems like she takes it to the extreme.

Courtney - I cramped harder than cycle cramps until about 8 weeks. I really thought I was going to have a miscarriage all the time they were so bad. In the beginning time creeps so painfully slow. ((hugs))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That number is great for how early you are. The nurse is probably used to seeing people further along.

I had more cramps with my daughter than with my loss. I was told it's because the uterus is growing to accommodate the baby.
August 12th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
The whole conversation went like this, "Well you are pregnant. I had no idea how early the positive was (I guess she is referring to when she ordered the test yesterday) since your LMP was July 16. Your number is 35, which is low, but it's probably because you're so early."

So, she did clarify with the caveat about it being early. I never take doctor's at their word. I always get a second opinion, usually via the internet . In this case, I never even once took it as a negative, so there's no need to go meeting the nurse after her shift to yell at her or anything (ahem, Missy), haha.

After looking at a bunch of other people's numbers in here and in the DDC, I think my numbers are quite good. Plus I keep having nausea, so I know something is progressing. I hope it's not a foreshadowing of killer morning sickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
I had more cramps with my daughter than with my loss. I was told it's because the uterus is growing to accommodate the baby.
This is what I was thinking too. Everything is shifting around.
August 12th, 2011, 07:50 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I hope that you numbers Sky Rocket on Monday !

August 12th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I always have cramping during the first couple of months of pregnancy, and I spotted around 6 weeks with my last two pregnancies. It wasn't much (the spotting), but I was still freaked by it.

August 12th, 2011, 08:14 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
That is a great number for how early you are . So glad you have such a great attitude. And yes the first trimester is the slowest IMO. Well till you get towards the end and you just want to meet your baby .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 12th, 2011, 08:30 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Seems like a good number to me too Hope the weekend flies and Monday brings great numbers!

1/25/12

August 12th, 2011, 08:47 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Sending beta doubling vibes to you! I had my blood test at 3 w 3 d and they didn't tell me numbers or do a second beta draw. For me that is good because I would have freaked! I love your attitude about all of this!!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 12th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That number looks fine. Numbers are numbers are numbers. As long as they go up, that's all that matters. Yeah, that nurse was full of it. If you're already getting little waves of nausea, I think this might just be your sticky bean!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I am happy for you Courtney. I hope Monday brings a big jump in your numbers.
August 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
sandiegomom's Avatar Super Mommy
35 is great for how far along you are! I am glad you are staying positive. It can be sooo hard after a loss, but I know being negative is worse. I freaked out when mine didn't double, and looking at statistics, blah,blah,blah. it all just made it worse. I decided to make the decision to just try and enjoy this pregnancy while i have it and not worry anymore (ok...not as much) until I know more. I hope you have your sticky bean in there!

Mommy to Ally-18 and Meagan-15
7/10/2011
8/16/2011
Oh..can't forget my furbabies, Maggie and Milo.

Make a pregnancy ticker

August 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
That number really is amazing for where you are!! My first beta was 10 at *I think* 3 weeks, 2 days? So 35 two days after that would have been an awesome doubling time.

I hope your next number is nice and high
August 12th, 2011, 02:28 PM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Court, your numbers look great, I get what the nurse was saying...like wow, the hpt caught it this low and this early.
Don't stress about the spotting, i had a major blow out last friday, bright red and I'm doing great, saw the bean on US 3 days later and have spotted black everyday since. Our bodies are amazing and cruel at the same time. Can't wait for us to get big together....April DDC here we come!!!!

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels
August 12th, 2011, 02:41 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a beautiful start to me!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hope you get great numbers on monday too!!
August 12th, 2011, 04:57 PM
mom2moose
I've been gone on vacation and just saw this!!! Congrats Courtney! I'm so happy for you! And what's great, is you've been here for months so you already know all of us!!

I hope your numbers look even better on Monday. It's hard not to worry, but 35 does sound normal to me too. (Although I'm no doctor, or the internet. LOL)
August 12th, 2011, 05:13 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is an amazing number!
August 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the clarification - I was going to have to drive up to Mass and take care of business! LOL

Do you have a preference in the sex of the baby? I know... Healthy but deep down do you have a preference? I say a little girl, then her Auntie Missy can send her some pink stuff

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search