Trolls

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2011, 04:36 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
If it's a board I'm active on I can spot them pretty easily but some are really good and it's harder to spot. I just think it's pitiful that they do something like that.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 16th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganMomof5 View Post
We had a troll in the October ddc when I first joined...She was pregnant with tripplets, and the ultrasound picture she posted was so fake...I think almost everyone suspected her and she was banned not long after that.
I was lurking in that DDC (hoping I'd get a positive for that month) and remember that lady. Her story was so over the top outrageous I actually reported her before she had posted any ultrasound pics.
August 16th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the January DDC and we've had 3 or 4 so far, and a couple of others that are suspect. The ones that were outed all had serious complications during their pregnancies - really upsetting me so much after everything I'd been through over the last 18 months. One even posted here when she "lost" one of her twins. She eventually fessed up to making it all up. Another had a "twin" with Trisomy 13 and at one point even made me feel guilty for terminating a real life pregnancy with birth defects because she was keeping hers - making her the better mom. Yeah - much easier to do when you are making it all up.

I have loved all the support I've gotten from the women here, and in my DDC for the most part - even though sometimes I feel like a grandmother over there with all the 20 year olds who can't really fathom pregnancy loss. But the trolls are just strange, twisted people with too much time on their hands.

August 16th, 2011, 07:06 AM
mom2moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaysoon View Post
I never know how to "spot" them. Once they've been outed I realize it, but either I'm to naive or just to trusting that I never suspect anyone.

In my DDC I find there are just so many people that I have a hard time remembering everyone, so a troll could easily sneak right by me there.
Yes, THIS!! My DDB emails me and says "this person is suspect. I think she's lying" and I'm always like WHAT?? I never see it coming. The DS woman DID catch my eye though, and that one is the only one that truly pissed me off. (Mostly because I have a BIL with Downs and second, because we had a woman lose a baby in our DDC recently, so that had to have hurt her especially.)

But some women get REALLY worked up over trolls. I just ignore them. It's not like I'm giving out my personal info such as social security number and address. They know my first name and that's about it.
August 16th, 2011, 07:24 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the one that weirded me out the most was the lady that went through an entire ddc, had her baby, was the host and then was outed! She must have been really good to get by that long! So strange....trolls.....

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
August 16th, 2011, 07:49 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Apparently there was one in the Oct 09 PR that was literally an intergral member for a couple years. I joined there when Liam was around 10 months and she was outted about two months later. Her story did start to get crazy (she was a lesbian and her and her partner had two rounds of IVF...the first resulting in the daughter born in Oct 09 and then the next round she was pregnant with twins but it was only done when the little girl was around 3 months or something). That one was pretty crazy though, since so many of the other members were shocked. She was a part of many boards on here and lots of folks could not believe she was a fake. I was not active enough to even know what a troll was!! But apparently she did not get nuts with it until right at the end of her "twin pregnancy."

It is really, really sad that folks have nothing better to do. Especially if they are involving lost children/pregnancies into the mix. That is just wrong. Real people have to deal with that heartache everyday and making it up is just sick. Thankfully, our DDC only had one at the beginning (the triplet one who no one believed from the get-go, I reported her before the sono pics too...her birthdate never matched with any of the other posts she made or her profile) and seems to be quiet now. We might end up with more as we get closer to delivery.

But it breaks my heart because we have had two premature births, one of whom has some issues. And to come in and fake that stuff is just horrible. Hopefully they will all be outted!!
August 16th, 2011, 08:30 AM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i haven't joined our ddc yet Courtney, i was debating whether i wanted to or not. I found that when I joined them before there were a lot of people riding the crazy train. I think I'll wait a little longer...

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels
August 16th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Everyone seems to be pretty good so far and good at communicating. There are a couple of people that I suspect as fakers (hence this post) but everyone else is very nice. You could lurk and see how you like it.
August 16th, 2011, 08:39 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Choo Choo
August 16th, 2011, 10:21 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Apparently there was one in the Oct 09 PR that was literally an intergral member for a couple years. I joined there when Liam was around 10 months and she was outted about two months later. Her story did start to get crazy (she was a lesbian and her and her partner had two rounds of IVF...the first resulting in the daughter born in Oct 09 and then the next round she was pregnant with twins but it was only done when the little girl was around 3 months or something). That one was pretty crazy though, since so many of the other members were shocked. She was a part of many boards on here and lots of folks could not believe she was a fake. I was not active enough to even know what a troll was!! But apparently she did not get nuts with it until right at the end of her "twin pregnancy."
I was part of that DDC and I didn't suspect her at all! I went AWOL for a few months a while after DD was born, and when I came back it was all over! It really did shock and offend me, to think I had wasted time and prayers on her.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 16th, 2011, 11:59 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
People are so pathetic.

I have spotted about 6 on this whole site...

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
August 16th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
The only time I've ever really suspected someone was a girl who posted on the stillbirth board claiming a late 2nd trimester loss. She used one date one place, and another date in another. They were probably 5 days apart. There are some ladies who have 2 dates, one where they found out and one where the baby was actually born, so it wasn't too suspicious until I asked her about it and her explanation made absolutely no sense. I don't even remember what she said, just that it left me with a "what????" feeling. So I reported her, just to be on the safe side, and we didn't hear from her again.

August 17th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
A definite troll appeared in our DDC this morning, so I reported it and they were banned in less than a minute. That was impressive.
August 17th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I might be in a small percentage here but I think it's funny when a troll is found. They're so pathetic. I like watching the train wreck. But I DON'T like the pain that it causes other people who invest in them and feel close to them.

Like that May PR host troll. I can't believe she stole people's pictures and also talked on the phone with some mommies. She really had an intricate lie going and, while it was funny to see her finally outted, it was sad how many people were really hurt.

I've often worried that someone might think I was a troll because sometimes I post a message quickly with preggo brain and I type a date wrong or something. As soon as I know I made a mistake, I fix it. But I know that people are very sensitive to trolls and might jump on something like that.

The other thing is that I don't like to post pictures (because people steal them) and to protect the safety of my family. It appears that some people on this site judge you on that and that worries me (luckily no one here).

But in the end, the small amount of trolls cause a general mistrust which can cast doubt on very honest, albeit sloppy, people.
August 17th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganMomof5 View Post
We had a troll in the October ddc when I first joined...She was pregnant with tripplets, and the ultrasound picture she posted was so fake...I think almost everyone suspected her and she was banned not long after that.
Really? I was just wondering if we had had any trolls in the October DDC because if we had, I hadn't realized it. Of course, I didn't join until I was about 7 weeks along, so I missed some of the early posters. I'm also one of those people who probably wouldn't notice until the person was actually outed.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search