Trolls

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
There seem to be a lot of suspect posters in the DDC. When I say a lot, I mean, like 4, but that's more than any of the other areas I've participated in. Is that normal for DDCs?
August 15th, 2011, 06:48 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the same thought. I'm hoping that I'm being too cynical and suspicious, but I doubt it. It's very normal, especially for new DDCs. I know January has uncovered I think 4 or 5 in just the last few weeks, and some of theirs were whoppers!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I am always suspicious of the low post count people who pop up out of nowhere. One person said they were due on the 26th, 5 days after me, and I was 3 weeks, 5 days. I have to call BS on that one. Another person said they were a JM lurker for 3 years, only had twenty posts and joined in April. There are about 3 others that I suspect are not legitimate.
August 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM
mom2moose
There's one in ours too. (And another one who got caught.) I have never even heard the expression until I joined the DDC. I just don't understand it. Why do people do it?? Are they that bored? Or crazy?

There were a few trolles caught in another DDC just a couple weeks ago. I just don't understand it all.
August 15th, 2011, 06:56 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We had a suspected troll recently in our DDC. She popped in then like 2 days later had her baby, who had DS, then other troubles then passed away. Then she disappeared. It was all really weird. It happens more there I think because they are near the top and always changing and moving. Its kind of sad really.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 15th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I'm suspicious of the low post count people too. Especially when they start talking to each other. I thought the one with the 26th was BS, because we're not far enough for that. There are some others too. It's already not adding up, and my guess is it's only a matter of time before tragedies and the like start popping up with some of them.

August 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I think one group of them are people who so desperately want to be pregnant, that they pretend to be. They're probably the same mentality as people who steal babies. I think other people just want to belong somewhere. Other probably just like to manipulate people or scam them. It's always slightly unstable people though, in my opinion.
August 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I agree. Teenagers like to make up stories too I've found. When I used to post on Moms of Girls there was this one teenager who was pregnant. She won everyone over. I think she started posting at the start of the summer, and by the end she was outed as a troll. She was pretty good too. She was just bored and needed something to do. It's scary. I think it was the one of the May PRs their host and long time friend turned out to be a troll. She had like 10,000 posts on JM or something like that. It was crazy!

August 15th, 2011, 07:37 PM

Last edited by Shadeauxe; August 15th, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
August 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is crazy! I have not participated much in my DDC as I found it very immature and I couldn't relate. It isn't their fault, it must be my age. I have not heard of trolls there though. I don't get it.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Trolls SUCK

They flock to DDCs ( cause didn't you know it's cool to be pregnant and have things go wrong ) But most get outed or bored by the time the babies come.

August 15th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It's happened several times on the stillbirth/pregnancy loss boards. It's an attention thing. Having complications gets people to pay attention to you. I can't imagine what their lives must be like that they fantasize about losing a baby though.

August 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I remember reading a "birth story" a while back where I think the person piece-mealed every single birth story in existence. She had pre-e and had to be induced. But then she wasn't progressing so they just sent her home. With her water broken. And pre-e. But then she just went and ate lunch with some friends and went back to the hospital. And she wound up with a c-section. And of course the c-section incision got infected.

I read things like that and have to wonder if they really have an incompetent doctor or if they're just crazy.

As for the person saying they're due the 26th, if they're a first time mom, it could just be ignorance. A lot of people "know" that pregnancy is 40 weeks--but they don't realize it's counted from your period (before you are actually pregnant). My SIL didn't know that when she got pregnant after years and years of trying. When she was first pregnant and was telling people her due date it seemed off to me. When I told her that pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period, she said, "That's stupid, then I'd be 6 weeks already!" And I can vouch that SIL wasn't faking her pregnancy.
August 15th, 2011, 08:53 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I don't remember trolls in my DDC. I feel bad when they are found. They have issues that I hope that they work out. The ones that are all about the drama and getting attention make people that have loss, that have fears, that do go into preterm labor get an air of suspicion and that hurts.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 15th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always wonder, who has time for that crap?!? LOL I am so busy between my WAH job, raising my son, and a local mommy website I am on that I hardly have time to come here and post as much as I want to, let alone come here to make up stories! LOL I'm not very active in my DDC, I was for a bit but right now I just don't have the time and PAL is more important to me anyways so when I have the extra time I pop in here. Every now and then I find a post in the DDC interesting enough to add my 2 cents too and often wonder if people think I'm a troll since I kinda just pop in and out of there instead of answering every single thread like some people do! LOL
August 15th, 2011, 10:33 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a troll in the October ddc when I first joined...She was pregnant with tripplets, and the ultrasound picture she posted was so fake...I think almost everyone suspected her and she was banned not long after that.

August 15th, 2011, 10:39 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I have been wondering this too Courtney. I am sure there will be some along the way. Never fails.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 16th, 2011, 03:59 AM
ItsFinallyOct's Avatar Super Mommy
After the DS gal's post, I have kind of paid attention to the Aug DDC and noticed all the "hi I'm new here" posts. Odd. Just think what the trolls must go through....they probably have very very very sad lives
August 16th, 2011, 04:47 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I think you will have them on every board. Sometimes they are easier to spot than others but most of the time they trip themselves up and get caught.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 16th, 2011, 05:29 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never know how to "spot" them. Once they've been outed I realize it, but either I'm to naive or just to trusting that I never suspect anyone.

In my DDC I find there are just so many people that I have a hard time remembering everyone, so a troll could easily sneak right by me there.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search