When you are done

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2011, 08:34 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Once you decide to be done having kids will you get your tubes tied or is DH getting snipped?
Why are you going that route?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 17th, 2011, 08:47 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH will most likely get snipped. We've agreed (well he agreed really ) that since it has less recovery and is a day surgery with only local anesthetic, thus easier, that he would do it instead of making me go in the hospital for an actual surgery. His dad had it done so I think that helped to make it easier for him to think of.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 17th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't think I'll do anything because we don't get pregnant easily. We've been together for almost 17 years and had only 3 pregnancies. This is using only withdrawl as BC too.
August 17th, 2011, 08:55 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Even though we are done after this one, we won't be doing anything "permanent" as we are both in our 20's still. I plan on getting an IUD.

1/25/12

August 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
I don't think I'll do anything because we don't get pregnant easily. We've been together for almost 17 years and had only 3 pregnancies. This is using only withdrawl as BC too.
This was one of our thoughts too. We've been together almost 12 years and have also had 3 pregnancies using only withdrawl. BUT, when we decided to get pregnant it happened quickly and when we're done, we don't want any "OOOPS's" lol

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 17th, 2011, 09:50 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
When we decide we are done, I will prolly get the 10 year IUD (copper) and we will see where we stand after that. If we are still absolutely done, then he will prolly get snipped (since it is such an easier surgery than a tubal).

We are massively fertile...I have been pregnant 6 times in the 3 years we have been together. Lol. And even though I have to take shots to keep the pregnancy (as we recently discovered), there is no way I would purposefully miscarry a pregnancy if it was unplanned. I would still take the shots and we would deal with it. So I know we will need something permanent. And BC was NOT successful (ahem, Liam....)
August 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I don't know how long after we are done that we will do anything permanent. I do know that I will be getting the essure procedure done. My SIL did that and ablation and I might end up going that route.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 17th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I honestly don't know.

August 17th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are DONE after this baby. But since we are still really young, we won't be making it permanent for another 5 or 6 years (and we will still be young then but it's just my own cutoff of when I'm done having kids for sure). DH will get snipped, although he's really apprehensive about it because he hates dr's and needles and everything of the sort. But Since I'll have had 2 c/s, there's no way I'm going in just to get my tubes tied. If by chance we get pregnant with an oopsie 3rd baby, my tubes will be tied with that one for sure. Otherwise it's the big V for DH at 30!
August 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure. Currently between babies we use condoms during fertile times. But since I want to wait about 5 years before doing anything permanent, we may want to find something a little more reliable. I just hate all the other options out there (for myself).

I read something a month or two ago about about a easily reversible long term birth control for men. It's basically a thick gel that is placed in the vas deferens (same place that is cut with a vasectomy) and "disables" the sperm so that they cannot fertilize eggs. It doesn't have the sperm build up issues that a vasectomy can have and is completely reversible (a vasectomy is less likely to be successfully reversed the longer that it is "in place"). I'm bummed that it won't be on the market any time soon, as it's still in clinical trial phase in the US (it was developed in India and had testing over there).
August 17th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH will probably get the big V. My dad had it and his dad had it. He's already pretty much decided that's the route he'll take when we're done.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH will be getting snipped. I haven't done a lot of research on this, but I personally know quite a few women who have had serious complications from getting their tubes tied/cut/burned.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going to use condoms during my fertile time (If I even still have a fertile time after this). My husband is 10 years younger than me and I know he wanted 2 children but after seeing what I am going through right now is very happy with just Scarlett. If I was to die I would not want him to not be able to have another child down the road. I know that sounds really morbid, but I love him that much and want him to be happy always.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 17th, 2011, 07:27 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
DH is getting snipped . We figure I have been through enough that I don't need to have another major surgery when his is so easy. I thought about the well if something happens to me he might want children with a new spouse. But his take is regardless three kids is enough for him . Plus no one compares to me so.... He is responsible for making the appointment though... and so far he hasn't hence why we are having a baby girl now. We used withdrawl method since early on in our marriage and it always worked as long as we withdrew LOL.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 17th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will probably go on the pill. DH wouldn't mind getting snipped and i could have my tubes tied during the c-section, but i hate doing anything permanent.

August 17th, 2011, 09:16 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Paraguard IUD for me. It lasts for 10yrs in place, no hormones, and should take me through menapause. I might have my ovaries removed in a complete hystorectomy as well, for high risk of ovarian cancer due to having breast cancer so young. I almost had this done one year before I divorced my first husband, but put if off due to time off of work........THANK GOD,lol!! If I were in my 20's or 30's, I would NEVER think of tubals or vasectomy's, Ive seen life change way to fast for something like that.......and alot of couples suffer due to those choices.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 17th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Super Mommy
If this is another c-section I have already spoken with my doc about getting my tubes tied during the surgery. If this is a VBAC, it's up to DH to get snipped. Yet another reason to hope for a VBAC... birth control has been mostly my responsibility for so long that it's his turn now.

I am curious, though, what type of complications are common with a tubal???
August 18th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've heard of heavier periods and cramping after tubals. But not all women experience that. I'm not sure if there are other complications.
August 18th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking about having it done to ME after this one but hubby has hinted at maybe having another so I guess we have to talk about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search