What can't...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2011, 11:02 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
What is something you can't do right now because your pregnant that you really want to?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Well, cheese is my biggest thing. No gorgonzola for me. I ate goat cheese today and realize I probably shouldn't have. Strike that, I definitely shouldn't have. However, there was so much spinach on my sandwich, it'll probably go through my digestive tract in about 5 seconds. No time for nasty bacteria to enter my blood stream.

But man was that a good sandwich.
August 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have a glass (or two or three) of wine. Some people tell me I can have one glass, but I just can't seem to permit myself.

Oh, and go to the water park!! I love the water park and it's been 3 years since I've been (last summer Danica was too small, summer before I was pregnant lol)

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 18th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have a glass of my favorite red wine Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin with my dinner. I don't do it often when not pregnant, but man when I know I CAN'T it makes me want it that much more.

@Shadeauxe, did you make the sandwich with cheese you bought locally? Or was it at a restaurant...most restaurants around here have all pasturized feta and goat cheeses..I found out with my last pregnancy and double checked with them this pregnancy. I hate giving up my feta or goat cheese when I'm in the mood for it. Most of the "store" bought goat cheeses are pasturized...as are the fetas. And then I get mascarpone cheese that I like to use in place of butter on homemade bread, and it's pasturized too. You may be surprised at what you can still have. I was!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

August 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Well, for the past five weeks I can't do anything except go to the bathroom and shower a few times a week.

1/25/12

August 18th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingFaith View Post
Well, for the past five weeks I can't do anything except go to the bathroom and shower a few times a week.
At least you can still shower... you might be awfully stinky if you couldn't

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

August 18th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So if the package of feta says it's made from pasteurized milk then it's okay while pregnant?
August 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
So if the package of feta says it's made from pasteurized milk then it's okay while pregnant?
Yes, feta is ok. I don't think feta is ever made from raw milk, but the packaging will tell you. Plus, the brine that it sits in is bacteria un-friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubshope View Post
Have a glass of my favorite red wine Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin with my dinner. I don't do it often when not pregnant, but man when I know I CAN'T it makes me want it that much more.

@Shadeauxe, did you make the sandwich with cheese you bought locally? Or was it at a restaurant...most restaurants around here have all pasturized feta and goat cheeses..I found out with my last pregnancy and double checked with them this pregnancy. I hate giving up my feta or goat cheese when I'm in the mood for it. Most of the "store" bought goat cheeses are pasturized...as are the fetas. And then I get mascarpone cheese that I like to use in place of butter on homemade bread, and it's pasturized too. You may be surprised at what you can still have. I was!
It was a restaurant. I thought about calling them to ask, but haven't gotten around to it. Good info!
August 18th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've spent four pregnancies/over a year avoiding feta for nothing?! Then why do I always see it on the "list of soft cheeses to avoid"?

This news has made me very happy.
August 18th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
I've spent four pregnancies/over a year avoiding feta for nothing?! Then why do I always see it on the "list of soft cheeses to avoid"?

This news has made me very happy.
Maybe it's unpasteurized sometimes? Or people think because it's soft it's bad? I have no idea. The feta I got at Whole Foods this weekend definitely said "pasteurized milk" as the ingredient.
August 18th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
sleep. I know I won't sleep much with a newborn, but I won't spend several hours straight laying in bed awake!

August 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Shave my legs and have normal sleep patterns.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 18th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I miss recognizing the toilet as an aporatis that I SIT on and do my business in stead of leaning over, staring into and SMELLING up close.

August 18th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
Shave my legs and have normal sleep patterns.
I am so OCD about shaving my legs I would go crazy if I couldn't do them. I would probably beg DH to do them.

My blog

August 18th, 2011, 04:14 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eating a meal without feeling like crap afterward.

I *will* embrace the feeling like crap!!! LOL

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search