Names!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2011, 06:39 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
How many of you stuck to one name throughout your pregnancy. What are some names you had picked if you didn't?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 23rd, 2011, 06:46 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
How many of you stuck to one name throughout your pregnancy. What are some names you had picked if you didn't? With DD I had Brooke and Peyton picked pretty much the whole time. Around 8 months my very quiet step-dad said "I like the names Faith and Hope", and I fell in love with Faith. This time I had a girl name picked out but, it's a boy and we have nothing,lol.

1/25/12

Last edited by KeepingFaith; August 23rd, 2011 at 06:48 AM.
August 23rd, 2011, 07:15 AM
DH and I already have names picked out but I have a feeling I would be one to change my mind

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

August 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
mom2moose
Katie - As my first hubby and I tried for over 6 years (he passed away), I also had names picked out. When you wait awhile for your baby, you think you know exactly what you want to name them. But then I got pregnant for Moose, and those names didn't sound "right" anymore, if that makes sense. I was stuck on a name for her, but it never felt like it was good enough. Then one day, a woman said the name Morgan, and that was it for me. Never looked back and am still pleased with the name. (Although we call her Moose more than Morgan. LOL)

With this one, I had a VERY difficult time. Boy names suck!! LOL I've went through a total of 20 names until I found one that was good enough. (And a part of me still feels wishy washy, although I think we'll stick with it.) I had another girl names picked out though, as that was what I thought we'd have.
August 23rd, 2011, 08:21 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Our process is my husband won't talk about it until we know the gender, and then I suggest a million and he pretty much rejects them all and then he suggests a name that is the name.

Once we agree, that's it, no more discussing. lol

August 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With ds we picked the name Max long before i was pregnant. I mentioned it to dh and we both knew immediately that was the name. We'd been ttc for 2 years when i got pregnant the first time and we had a lot of time to think. We had a girl name picked out, though it wasn't as obviously perfect as Max was, and since it was also an M name we wouldn't use it this time. My two losses were both boys and we had some tentative backup names ready for them but hadn't made any decisions (the second we didn't find out was a boy until well after the miscarriage).

This time we have picked a name, but neither of us is as in love with it as we were with Max. We wanted to honor our grandmothers who have passed away so we knew we wanted an N and an E for the initials. It got tricky because dh wanted the N for the first name but we couldn't agree on the perfect name being limitted to one letter. We could use a different letter but i think it would be disrespectful to do it that way based on our heritage (jews always name babies after grandparents/relatives that have passed on). So for now we are settled but i might end up trying to change his mind later to my first choice name which is Samantha.

August 23rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
Katie - As my first hubby and I tried for over 6 years (he passed away), I also had names picked out. When you wait awhile for your baby, you think you know exactly what you want to name them. But then I got pregnant for Moose, and those names didn't sound "right" anymore, if that makes sense. I was stuck on a name for her, but it never felt like it was good enough. Then one day, a woman said the name Morgan, and that was it for me. Never looked back and am still pleased with the name. (Although we call her Moose more than Morgan. LOL)

With this one, I had a VERY difficult time. Boy names suck!! LOL I've went through a total of 20 names until I found one that was good enough. (And a part of me still feels wishy washy, although I think we'll stick with it.) I had another girl names picked out though, as that was what I thought we'd have.
See I keep thinking that. I've had these names picked out for sooo long I just don't think when the time comes it will stay that way

My blog

August 23rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD we went through what felt like a gazillion names from databases online and others that we came up with. Then gave up till we knew the gender. After that, we minimized it to half a gazillion. While my cousin was in the hospital having her daughter me and DH went to her house to care for her cats and were looking at a baby name book that she had and BOOM....out of nowhere we read the name Danica and that was it. Her middle name had already been set, Emilie after my grandfather Emile.

This time, the name Dawson was one of the names that we loved from back when looking at names for DD and it stuck with both of us, so it was an easy choice. And the middle name Douglas is for DH's grandfather.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 23rd, 2011, 10:32 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
DH and I had been married for 5.5 years before we started officially TTC and since I wanted a baby so bad, we had names picked out. We made sure we had 2 of each picked out. When I got pregnant with this little girl, our #1 girl name didn't seem to fit. We didn't even know what gender baby was. The only thing that changed was my #2 girl name switched to being my favorite. If we had stuck with our #1 girl name she would be Adelina Deidra. But, that name is definitely still on our list.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We had a pretty easy time coming up with Liam's name. He was a surprise and all of the names I thought I would use were not okay with DH. He liked more traditional names than I had picked out. Liam was one of the three names that was on both of our lists. We knew his middle name would be Thomas after DH's dad and my grandpa. Liam Thomas just sounded good. We never firmed any name up until we know the gender, so our girl names have never been "set" at any point.

With Kieran, I had mentioned the name when we were pregnant in 2010 (our first loss) and DH was unsure about it. It was not one of our names from before...but I came across it and loved it. We obviously lost that baby and several after, so we did not discuss names for a while. Then, when we were around 12 weeks with this baby we were talking about what we would name it for both genders and he surprised me by saying that Kieran had grown on him and he wanted to use it. We knew that we were honoring my grandmother with the middle name (Patrick or Patricia), so Kieran Patrick was what it became. Again, we never had a girls name solidified.

We have a harder time with girls names. There is only one name on our original list that is still hanging around (and it is for a girl). We change our minds fairly regularly. But once the baby is named in pregnancy, we don't turn back
August 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
With our first DH and I were driving in the car and we were talking about trying for our first. I asked him about names. We had decided if it was a boy we would follow family tradition and call him William and then pick a middle name we liked. I really liked Anthony and Austin at the time. DH immediately said if its a girl we should name her Linda after your aunt that passed away. Some great things were passed on because of her death and love your family is a biggie for me. So Linda it was. Middle name is my maiden name . Funny that she was due in December and my aunt died in December... I knew she was a girl from the beginning.
With our son I didn't want to follow family tradition anymore. I didn't like William so we started bouncing around names. I don't even remember what we picked for girl names anymore. But we came to Jeremy, I have always liked that name. His middle name is Austin see how I worked that.
This baby I had the girl name picked out since before our first loss and I just couldn't let it go. So mostly we just needed a middle name and decided to honor three family members with her middle name. My MIL, sister and aunt. We had picked out William Carter if it was a boy in honor of Chris's grandpa you passed away just before our second loss. William is a family name. I do feel bad we won't be passing the tradition along. I was kind of bummed about not using the name I love the name Carter .
Well this got long. Anyway that is how we got our names.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 23rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had a girl name picked out since before DS was born 2 years ago. And if this one is a girl, that is what we will name her.

With DS we changed names several times, although I knew in my heart what his name would be. I think I kept changing because DH couldn't make up his mind. Names are so hard.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I have been together since high school and we talked baby names way back when. We decided on Alexander for a boy since it is DH's middle name. My middle name is Ann but I always wanted a little girl named Bella so we decided our girl name would be either Annabelle/Annabella with the nickname of Bella. We had alternates picked out once we got pregnant but those were always the front runners. Other boy names we toyed with were Liam, Noah, or Gavin. Other girl names were Lily or LilyAnna.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search