Anbody else afraid to DTD early in pregnancy

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So DH has been sending me little messages today. He's definitely in the mood. I am a bit afraid to DTD. I know that I am most likely being crazy but I am a little afraid. Did anybody else feel this way? Did you just talk to DH? Did you just give in?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was scared to but we DTD cautiously and a little less often on his cue. I was usually too tired but I ended up having a good time .

However, I wish I had more often because now I'm on pelvic rest for a while because of a low-lying placenta. This happened JUST when 2nd trimester hormones increased.
Now I'm frustrated .
August 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
You are not alone in this. Yes I was extremely nervous about DTD early on. but, so was DH. But, I am glad we talked about it and decided to go ahead but no "funny business" for a while. I am glad we ended up DTD because it seems like there will be none from now till post partum.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
babyandbriana's Avatar Veteran
Well... that's actually not a problem for me. I'm the epitome of non-traditional lol. I don't have anyone TO DTD with...

Thanks to tasha_mae for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!
August 23rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We DTD pretty early on. Not super early, like I think we waited until after the first ultrasound at 7 weeks or so. We don't do it super often anyways. I'm usually the one initiating, as DH has a low sex drive. He has no problem getting there, but it's getting him interested more often than once or twice a week that's the problem. We've always been like that, so I guess changing the frequency of DTD wasn't a big deal.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

August 23rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I do not worry about sex during pregnancy. Mostly because every book you read days it's fine unless you have pre-ecclampsyia (butchered spelling) or some other super high risk think for pre-term labor, which I don't have.
August 23rd, 2011, 02:51 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks guys.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 23rd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Just be aware that dtd in pregnancy can cause bleeding. Your cervix is more sensitive and blood filled pretty quickly. I had a scary bleed early on this pregnancy (as in, standing up in the morning to a HUGE gush and wearing a pad all day until it tapered off), and it was determined to be "cervical irritation" from dtd the night before. Obviously she's very healthy, but it was scary there for a bit.

August 23rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine was the other day around, dH was afraid but I wasn't! LOL just do what's comfortable for you, if that means waiting then wait. I'm sure your hubby will understand, plus there's other ways to be intimate that don't involve DTD
August 23rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
DH already knows that until 12 weeks there will be no DTD per the doctor. I will be on complete pelvic rest until 12 weeks as soon as I get pregnant. She said normally she wouldn't have a problem with it but she thinks I have "cervix issues".

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 23rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have a sensitive cervix so we have spent most of the pregnancy on pelvic rest. Sooo DTD isn't really an option. It never is when we are pregnant. DH is used to it at this point.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 23rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We dtd early this time as i didn't know i was pregnant until after 6 weeks, and there should be nothing to worry about unless your doctor says otherwise. While pregnant we definitely cut back - probably once every other week - it is a combination of my exhaustion and his fear of hurting baby.

August 23rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't DTD while I'm pregnant at all. That's how it's been with all of my pregnancies.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 23rd, 2011, 07:26 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm scared to death to DTD right now. Logically I know that it won't hurt the baby or cause a m/c but I can't help but be scared. We've definitely backed off in the sex department.

=May '05 and '11

August 24th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With the pregnancy of my dd I was on pelvic rest for nearly the entire pregnancy due to various reasons. This time, I found out we were pregnant ONE WEEK before our 10 year anniversary. We had already planned a romantic get-away at a VERY nice hotel. My sis watched my dd for the weekend. We hadn't even gone in for my 1st appt yet. Over the anniversary weekend I turned 5weeks pregnant. I was determined not to let this pregnancy interfere -- I blocked the fear out of my mind and we dtd quite a few times. Luckily, it was a good time for us. Not long after the weekend, m/s kicked in and I was in NO mood to do anything. I went to the midwife a week or so later and sure enough, she put me on pelvic rest because there is a small pool of blood behind where the placenta was forming. I'm starting to finally feel better and haven't thrown up in 72 hours. My next appt. is Tuesday. I'm hoping I get another u/s and a go-ahead to "resume normal activities".

Each person and situation is different. But I would suggest talking to dh about it.

August 24th, 2011, 05:54 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was afraid at the beginning, to tired, sick or sore in the middle and now afraid again lol It's a horrible cycle for me!

We have DTD occasionally, but to be frank, I'd rather just "help him out" without actually DTD, I've been that uncomfortable. And you're lucky you're just getting little messages, DH's idea of a hint is waving it in my face

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

August 24th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
DH already knows that until 12 weeks there will be no DTD per the doctor. I will be on complete pelvic rest until 12 weeks as soon as I get pregnant. She said normally she wouldn't have a problem with it but she thinks I have "cervix issues".
Maybe a cervical therapist is in order. Obviously a spanish speaking one.
August 24th, 2011, 06:44 AM
NICU Nurse
I'm afraid since with my M/C pregnancy a day after DTD I started spotting then M/C'd a day later. However I was 6w5d and for it to happen that fast I'm sure that's not why, just a coincidence, but still makes me nervous.

August 24th, 2011, 07:37 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I think it's normal with a history of loss. Even if science says it's safe you still wonder and try to avoid anything that could put you through the heartache of loss again. Personally, I have been on pelvic and/or bed rest since 5 weeks, so no DTD in this house.

1/25/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search