Random thoughts

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Random observation #1: It's 5:30 AM and my husband keeps farting in his sleep.

Random observation #2: it amazes me how many people in the DDC are willing totake medical advice from complete strangers. "My arm was just eaten by a velociraptor and so I decided to log on to a forum filled with people I don't know and ask you what do you think I should do." call your freaking doctor *******!"

That is all.
August 30th, 2011, 02:51 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
LOL.
Sometimes people just want to know that they aren't crazy for calling their doctor or over reacting. But yes it is surprising how many people will take advice from strangers on forums.
My DH is snoring and I couldn't sleep. But its just before 3am here .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 30th, 2011, 02:57 AM
I understand the reassurance thing, that's not what I was talking about. I mean the people who ask advice about what is safe medicine-wise or people who are bleeding and in pain and make a post instead of calling a doctor or going to the ER.

I've been goin to bed at 9 for weeks. I am usually awake at 4, but I just lay in bed until 5:30.
August 30th, 2011, 03:24 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I agree Courtney! Most of my posts include "You should call your doctor"

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 30th, 2011, 04:12 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
Random observation #1: It's 5:30 AM and my husband keeps farting in his sleep.

Random observation #2: it amazes me how many people in the DDC are willing totake medical advice from complete strangers. "My arm was just eaten by a velociraptor and so I decided to log on to a forum filled with people I don't know and ask you what do you think I should do." call your freaking doctor *******!"

That is all.
Oh yes; it's rampant!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 30th, 2011, 06:19 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
LOL Thank you for my first laugh of the day!

1/25/12

August 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know what makes me laugh even more....the ones that ask for advise then don't take it. I kept telling this one girl that OTC sleep meds were ok and she didn't take my word for it. Why ask if your not going to trust the answers that you get. If you don't like the answer then don't ask!!!

=May '05 and '11

August 30th, 2011, 11:02 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Courtney you always make me smile!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 30th, 2011, 12:11 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Lol!! I had to post on this. My DH contantly passes gas all day, but I have never heard him do it in his sleep. One time I thought he was sleeping, but I heard him snicker afterwards. Men are so childish. Lol.

As for the other thing, I think I read one post that said something about her doctor telling her that she needed to be on progesterone, but she refuses to pay the $60 for the suppositories and kept insisting that research does not prove that progesterone helps or something like that. I was floored!! How can you risk a miscarriage over $60?? I shelled out over $10k just to try to get pregnant! I was disgusted and really wanted to say something, but I am not pregnant and I did not want to seem like a creepy person reading DDC posts.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
August 30th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I know the post. I didn't bother to reply to it either. It fell under the whole "If you don't have anything nice to say..." umbrella. I think a lot of them are trolls anyway.
August 30th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Well I have a lot of not nice things I really try to keep to myself in general. Lol. A lot of them have nothing to do with the JM boards. I am finding it harder and harder for it to stay that way too because I am just so bitter lately.

August 30th, 2011, 12:25 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
With pregnancy insomnia kicking in full gear, I also notice DH farts in his sleep. Needless to say, I am happy I am down wind from him...I also noticed that he elbows my face a lot in the night too. I guess time for a larger bed. (just FYI, I have been laughing hysterically while writing this whole post...like crying because I have laughed so much.)

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 30th, 2011, 12:40 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, not to hyjack the thread Courtney, but that post about the prometrium..I saw it too. She even went as far as to say to some of her reply's that "if she had spent the money on MA and the cost to get pregnant was alot of money, then maybe she would of considered paying for the meds..." Thats when I had to leave and not read any more! (I guess a MA baby is worth more to save than a naturally conceived baby?) Plus she had a previous m/c before I guess! WOW, is all I can say!

As for all the gas in this thread......my DH has barely any, but I certainly make up for it, lol.....

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 30th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeek View Post
With pregnancy insomnia kicking in full gear, I also notice DH farts in his sleep. Needless to say, I am happy I am down wind from him...I also noticed that he elbows my face a lot in the night too. I guess time for a larger bed. (just FYI, I have been laughing hysterically while writing this whole post...like crying because I have laughed so much.)
August 30th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5lopez View Post
Ok, not to hyjack the thread Courtney, but that post about the prometrium..I saw it too. She even went as far as to say to some of her reply's that "if she had spent the money on MA and the cost to get pregnant was alot of money, then maybe she would of considered paying for the meds..." Thats when I had to leave and not read any more! (I guess a MA baby is worth more to save than a naturally conceived baby?) Plus she had a previous m/c before I guess! WOW, is all I can say!
I'm really glad that I responded before that part of the conversation started. I never went back, because I didn't think that she would take my advice anyway. She posted today that the nurse said that her progesterone hasn't risen at all, but her betas are doubling really nicely, so she's taking that as she doesn't need the progesterone afterall, and "is really glad she didn't run out and waste the $60." Seriously? She has no idea how fast strong betas can plummet when progesterone is deficient, and I'm not telling her, because she won't listen.

August 30th, 2011, 02:36 PM
How many posts does she have? Is anyone sure that she is not a troll? I mean that literally sickens me. If I was not afraid of getting banned, I would go on there and give her a piece of my mind. There are people like me who cannot get pregnant and would give anything to be in her position. Ugh..
sorry ladies... vent over.

August 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM
The worst part is she's had a loss before. Who has a loss and doesn't do something so simple to prevent another?!? She's banking on the fact that she's seen the h/b and has good betas. She has over 2000 posts. I don't think she's a troll, I just think that she's one of those people that think she knows it all. At least that's the impression I've gotten from a lot of her posts.

August 30th, 2011, 03:25 PM
babyandbriana's Avatar Veteran
Grrrrrrr.... People make me angry. It's like my co-worker who was spotting, cramping, and in massive pain and was like, "Pshhhh I'm just gonna go on vacation. I'm sure it's NOTHING!" Interestingly enough, those are the people who get to keep their babies... makes no sense to me.

Thanks to tasha_mae for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!
August 30th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I suspect that she might be a troll. Post count is only one component. Did any of you see the 20/20 on Sunday about Internet fakers? Sme of these people have too much time on their hands, so it's not that hard to get a higher post count.
August 30th, 2011, 07:54 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids623 View Post
I'm really glad that I responded before that part of the conversation started. I never went back, because I didn't think that she would take my advice anyway. She posted today that the nurse said that her progesterone hasn't risen at all, but her betas are doubling really nicely, so she's taking that as she doesn't need the progesterone afterall, and "is really glad she didn't run out and waste the $60." Seriously? She has no idea how fast strong betas can plummet when progesterone is deficient, and I'm not telling her, because she won't listen.
I agree about the progesterone messing up a perfectly rising beta....that happened to me. I was on the supplement though and my betas were doubling nicely.....strong h/b and then at 9wks, just gone like that. I think its because I started the progesterone after my 6th wk and not right away. I had no choice though....dr. really thought that a level of 8 was nothing to worry about with rising levels of hcg.....What a difference a RE makes in providing you with supplements from ovulation and on. Anyway, praying that her little one does make it and she just lives the rest of her life with never knowing the other horrible outcome.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search