It has started...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2011, 09:54 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
The random comments from strangers. Maybe its because I waddle so much, or maybe I am just finally big enough for strangers to feel safe commenting. But yesterday every person I saw said something about how I must be close now and oh my when are you due LOL. I knew eventually it would happen, just didn't think it would take so long. But the comments are coming now. I think I will just stay home. And of course if one of the kids are with me they want to ask my kids if they are excited to have a brother or sister.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 31st, 2011, 10:02 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Cute! I don't get those for the most part. I have gotten the "you must be due anytime" from a cousin and I wanted to smack her since I was less than 31 weeks. I can't wait to hear this when I am closer to my due date.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 10:06 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I never got those. People never believed I was as far along as I was.

August 31st, 2011, 10:16 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have gotten those comments for over a month now! OMG... Seriously whenever I go places people are like "oh the baby is coming soon", "are you excited for the baby to be here soon?", "Are you having twins dear?"

I say that I have 3 months left and they are shocked. Great, just great.

Oh my.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 31st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
No one says this stuff to me, but it's probably because I tower over everyone and don't give off "approach me" vibes.
August 31st, 2011, 10:24 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How tall are you? And since I am thinking about it for the thousandth time: How come I still have never seen a picture of you? With how adorable your son is I am sure you are super a*& pretty!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 31st, 2011, 10:26 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got the kinds of comments Missy is with DS and DD. Everyone kept asking from about 25 weeks on if I was sure that I wasn't having twins. Hmm.... I wonder what they'll say now that I am.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
How tall are you? And since I am thinking about it for the thousandth time: How come I still have never seen a picture of you? With how adorable your son is I am sure you are super a*& pretty!
You've seen pictures of me (I posted a self portrait from Flickr). Also, my face is right there next to my screen name. Also also, my mother posted a picture of me from this morning (son's first day of school) on Facebook and it should have alerted you since you're my friend. I am 5' 10". My hair is brown and I am a Leo. Speaking of which, no birthday card! Pfff.
August 31st, 2011, 11:03 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Jess that is so funny! Next time you should say "I'm not pregnant" And see their reaction

Missy your belly is ADORABLE!

And Courtney your not that tall DH is 6'4

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 31st, 2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Jess that is so funny! Next time you should say "I'm not pregnant" And see their reaction

Missy your belly is ADORABLE!

And Courtney your not that tall DH is 6'4
True, but he is a man. I am taller than almost every woman I meet and they are usually the commenters of the world.
August 31st, 2011, 11:23 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Courtney, my DD (Mia) is expected to be between 5'10 and 6'0! Anything to look out for????

Jess, I dont know about you, but I LOVE THOSE COMMENTS! Gets me more excited that the end is drawing near! I do have to say that this time I got them much earlier, and I just have to explain that Ive been pregnant for 2yrs in a row now, lol......the twins comment only came up once though, and for some reason, I think I look smaller right now than with Mia????

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 31st, 2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5lopez View Post
Courtney, my DD (Mia) is expected to be between 5'10 and 6'0! Anything to look out for????
I think being tall is great. I suppose there are times when it's more annoying (buying clothes, maybe), but overall, I don't have to put up with much and I don't need stools as often.
August 31st, 2011, 11:55 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am right there with Courtney. Tall and somewhat imposing I am also 5'10'' (which I love being, BTW) and I can come across somewhat witchy-with-a-B...so most people don't approach me and make comments. Lol.

I def DO look pregnant...but not "ready to pop" or anything. Most of the time, if someone happens to ask, they are surprised I am due in about a month. I have no frame of reference, since everyone carries so differently. I know I am bigger now with this baby than I ever was with Liam. But it is still not so big. And the height helps with the waddle...I have yet to do it
August 31st, 2011, 01:05 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I don't mind the comments at all .
And I am 5'4" and people don't touch my belly so I must give off a touch me a die vibe . I just thought it was interesting how they picked up all of a sudden.
On another side not Ashlee I just realized that with your due date you could have your baby before me

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 31st, 2011, 01:52 PM
babyandbriana's Avatar Veteran
Yeah... so.. I'm ridiculously small framed and I'm already showing at 9 weeks! People are starting to be able to tell. I SWEAR it's not a "food baby." I had a flat tummy before I got pregnant. I was wearing a dress on Sunday that was made out of jersey knit, and I got a LOT of very pointed stares... ha ha ha. I'm short, I'm thin, and baby's got NOWHERE to go but out. Even my chiropractor commented at how much my uterus is already sticking out lol! Good grief...

Thanks to tasha_mae for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!
August 31st, 2011, 05:36 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I always loved when people actually noticed I was pregnant and would ask me questions

and... I am also 5'10"! It definitely contributes to me looking "smaller" in my pregnancy,at my delivery I only looked maybe 7 months along.

1/25/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search