Uneasy

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2011, 10:04 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some of you know this part of my story, so please bare with me if you do. Last summer I got pregnant and was due April 12th. I wound up losing the heartbeat at 9 weeks and needed a D&C at 11 weeks. 3 of my coworkers were also pregnant. One was due 2 days before me, one was due 2 days after me, and one was due 2 weeks after me. Every day was sheer hell watching them grow and us not being able to conceive. Two of them gave birth the day I went for my initial RE appt. I have no idea how I made it thorough that without jumping off the roof, other than by the grace of God. So fast forward to today. I get a text from one of my coworkers/friends that she's pregnant. She's due either the end of April/beginning of May. I'm happy for her, because she got pregnant last school year and was due in October, but lost the baby at about 7 weeks. I am petrified for me! Things have been going well for me with this pregnancy. I had 4 ultrasounds in 4 weeks and both babies have looked great and had strong heartbeats, but they're having me wait 3 weeks for the next one. I'm one week in with two left to go, and the worries are already starting. Now with her pregnant I'm even more worried. What if I lose these babies and I have to go through this again- watching some one else grow every day? I know I'm borrowing trouble, and I've really been trying not to do that. But last school year was incredibly horrible, and I have absolutely no desire to go through that again. I'm praying that both of us get to have healthy babies!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
People are always pregnant around you, just just don't notice until you're not. It seemed like every actress in Hollywood was announcing their pregnancies after my loss.

I would try to focus on the positive correlations that you've previously mentioned, such as seeing the heartbeats after a certain point and how you've been more optimistic (?) this time around, and not worry about your co-worker or any other what ifs.

A person could really drive themselves nuts if they thought about every negative thing that could befall them at any given moment..like a toilet falling out of the sky and landing on your foot, causing you to break all of your bones and then your car breaks down on the way to the hospital, so by the time you get there (via ice cream truck), you foot has to be amputated and they find a foot donor replacement, but it's a penguin flipper. THAT would suck. Half waddling, half walking everywhere. Not to mention the sudden desire to eat nothing but herrings. I'd say you're having a pretty good day.
August 31st, 2011, 10:23 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Prayers are going out to you and your babies.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 10:24 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
People are always pregnant around you, just just don't notice until you're not. It seemed like every actress in Hollywood was announcing their pregnancies after my loss.

I would try to focus on the positive correlations that you've previously mentioned, such as seeing the heartbeats after a certain point and how you've been more optimistic (?) this time around, and not worry about your co-worker or any other what ifs.

A person could really drive themselves nuts if they thought about every negative thing that could befall them at any given moment..like a toilet falling out of the sky and landing on your foot, causing you to break all of your bones and then your car breaks down on the way to the hospital, so by the time you get there (via ice cream truck), you foot has to be amputated and they find a foot donor replacement, but it's a penguin flipper. THAT would suck. Half waddling, half walking everywhere. Not to mention the sudden desire to eat nothing but herrings. I'd say you're having a pretty good day.
Thank you! I needed that! When you put it that way, I'm in good shape!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 11:30 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL, I like Courtney's anology of the situation!

Honetly though, these are the milestones that all of us through PAL go through every day......they suck, and I wish there was a fast forward button for all of us, but this is the worst part......it will get better. Every day brings you closer to holding BOTH your babies, and someone else is watching you grow and blossom!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 31st, 2011, 12:38 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Courtney - you seriously make me laugh all the time!

Just take it day by day sweetie. That is all we can do... I got to week 8 then not even another doctors appointment until week 14 due to insurance reasons. Can you beg your doctor for an appointment 1 week earlier? Or have you thought of getting a heartbeat monitor? I sometimes found the heartbeat at 9 weeks and honestly there were times where it helped me from crawling out of my skin with worry.

Even now sometimes I listen to her even though I feel her move.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 31st, 2011, 12:56 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry you are going through this. I had co workers pregnant with my second loss. Thankfully not with my first. But it was so very hard. With this pregnancy there were people pregnant and getting pregnant. But look here I am so very big and ready for baby girl to arrive. And at this moment hungry LOL. Try not to let your mind go that way. I like what Courtney said . You are doing great, you have two great heartbeats, your dr/RE is happy. Focus on how good its going and don't worry about this coworker. The first trimester is the worst. And you are almost through it.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 31st, 2011, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would feel the same way as you, it's hard not to think of it! *hugs*
August 31st, 2011, 01:47 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. I would try to stay focused on the positive and that all looks really great in your pregnancy. Courtney had a great way to look at. Made me laugh out loud.. Sending you lots of Hugs.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 31st, 2011, 01:51 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I have had so many people get pregnant not only since I started TTC this time, but people who got pregnant around the same time I did with my losses and they have gone on to give birth already (except the twins, the one who got pregnant at the same time is still pregnant)
But you just have to positive about THIS pregnancy and believe that your babies will be perfect!

August 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM
babyandbriana's Avatar Veteran
Awww honey... I am so sorry.

That's why we're all here... just let the worries go and we'll hold you for a while.

Thanks to tasha_mae for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!
August 31st, 2011, 02:09 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
((HUGS)) And I wanted to say Courtney I love how you put it

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 31st, 2011, 03:17 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I have the same type of thoughts sometimes...it is hard not to when u have experienced losses.

I hope we both make it to the end with happy and healthy babies!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 31st, 2011, 05:49 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
All these ladies have given you good advice and support so I'll just add some more

1/25/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search