Finnegan's Welcome!! --A birth story!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2011, 03:02 PM
mom2moose
On Sat. 8/27, I felt crappy all day. Wanted to throw up, had diarrhea, off and on contractions and just felt like laying around. Went to bed. Got up at 2:30 am (8/28)to pee, went back to bed, had the worst contraction ever, then I heard a POP. I jumped out of bed, and my water broke all over the floor. (And basically throughout the house and I was so excited I kinda ran around like an idiot. LOL) Got naked and squatted in the tub, there was blood mixed in (which is normal, I was told.) Woke the hubby up and we decided to take Moose to the hospital with us. We called my mom and MIL. My mom and sister drove the 2 hours to meet us at the hospital. (MIL works at hospital, so she popped in and out all day.) My BFF ended up getting Moose and taking her home around 11 am. When I delivered, my mom, sister, MIL, stepdad and hubby were in the room. (I told my stepdad repeatedly not to look at my vag, but he admitted he did it anyways. He said they all look alike anyways. Tee hee)

There wasn't much going on, contraction wise. The nurse informed me I was GBS positive, so I instantly got an IV for the meds. Walked the halls for a while trying to get the contractions going. When they finally did, and I was dilated at 4, I got an epi. (I'm a drug lovin' kinda girl. LOL) Didn't work at first (it didn't work with Moose either) so they cranked that thing up and then I felt AMAZING!!! LOVED that thing. Moved along pretty well. When I was dilated to 7, the nurse asked me how long I had pushed with Moose, and when I told her 3 pushes, she kind of panicked and got stuff ready, just in case. I was dilated to 10 an hour later. And that is where I stuck. The epi maybe worked TOO good, as my leg was completely numb and I couldn't feel any urge to push. So she shut the epi off, and that's when the pain became SERIOUS!! It hurt so bad I was thrashing all over the place. After over an hour of misery, I lied and said I had to push, just because I needed to do SOMETHING!! They got all set up. At first, my pushes were pretty ineffective, but I got better. I pushed for a total of 21 minutes (which felt like 7.5 days) before his head cleared. Only Finn's head was out and he started wailing before the doc could even clear out his mouht. LOL (It was kind of funny to see this little head sticking out my parts and screaming. LOL) I pushed him all the way out and they laid him on my chest. Finnegan Michael was born at 5:10 p.m. and was 8 pounds 13 ounces and 21.5 inches long!!!!!!!!! A VERY large boy!!! (Everyone was kind of shocked as an u/s just 10 days earlier predicted him at 6.12 pounds.)

I had a second degree tear with numerous stitches. A VERY large hemotoma on my uterus, that they think is because I had to push so hard to get him out of there. They drained the blood, which was a LOT, and I am now on iron pills for a month due to low hemoglobin. Finn also came out face up (same as Moose.) He was a day over 3 weeks early (thankfully, as he was ginormous!!) His kidneys and lungs were checked and he is perfect and I'm in love. As I was GBS positive, hospital rules say we had to stay for 48 hours. We got home last night. Finn was a wonderful sleepin in the hospital, last night decided he may never sleep again. Moose is adjusting to her baby brother and likes to look at him from afar, but doesn't want him close.

Those are all the deets I can remember. I might be missing some, but those are the main points. I'm happy I went "early" and I'm glad he is ok. As he is my last baby, I plan on enjoying him as much as I can. Thank you all for the support I've been given. It means a lot to me. This board has meant a lot to me.
August 31st, 2011, 03:12 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Such a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing. Glad to hear everyone is well!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Cool. Thanks for sharing. He is a big boy for sure!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 03:50 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What a great story. I had to kind of laugh that you lied about needing to push just to do something LOL. He is a big boy, glad he didn't go full term . Don't be a stranger we expect updates and pictures .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 31st, 2011, 03:55 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
thanks for sharing your story! I am glad he is here safe and sound congrats! we want pics!!!!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 31st, 2011, 04:45 PM
mom2moose
I'm not going anywhere Jess. There's too many of you left I need to see pop those babies!!
August 31st, 2011, 04:53 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing! He is a big boy for 37wks, would of been 11lbs or so if full term, OUCH!!!!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 31st, 2011, 04:56 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Great story!!
August 31st, 2011, 05:46 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love your birth story mama! Congratulations to you and your family. ((hugs))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 31st, 2011, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!! Great story and GREAT JOB pushing out that BIG boy!

September 1st, 2011, 05:56 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing the story Jenny! Congrats to you and your family again!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

September 1st, 2011, 10:52 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Yay! Wonderful story! I cannot wait to see the pics!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
September 1st, 2011, 01:32 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Awww congrats!! That was great story!!

September 1st, 2011, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again, what an awesome story, thank you for sharing!
September 1st, 2011, 09:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the feeling of excitement in your birth story! Congrats again!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
September 2nd, 2011, 04:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your big baby boy!!!
September 2nd, 2011, 05:37 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Thank you for sharing Jenny. I am happy everything went well.
September 2nd, 2011, 02:16 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 3rd, 2011, 07:27 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful story! Congrats again!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search