Sick of Contractions

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2011, 02:29 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am absolutely sick of contractions. I have been having the uncomfortable BH contractions since I was 25 weeks or so. I mean, TONS of them. That is why my midwife isn't surprised when I say I get a good 50+ contractions per day. They aren't doing anything but being a bother to me, so nothing to worry about. But now, sporadically, I get the lovely painful, could be doing something down there, contractions. These come a LOT less often. 1 per day or less. So, yeah, I am not worried about the amount of contractions since it is par for the course with my Mom's pregnancy experiences. It seems like everything that happened to my Mom is happening to me. I am just SO DONE WITH THIS PRE LABOR CRAP!! I have put up with it for at least the last 7 weeks!! How on God's green Earth am I going to go through another 5-10 weeks of this?

Sorry, I just had to vent. I am tired.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 02:46 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So sorry. Does anything help to relieve them? Bath, shower, laying down?

Hopefully you will go close to term instead of your full EDD. Keep an eye on them and make sure you are letting your dr know about the changes. Pre term labor is no joke.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 31st, 2011, 02:54 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Nothing helps them go away. There is no rhyme or reason to when they come or go. Some last 10 seconds some 90 seconds. She told me if I get more painful ones to call immediately. But one or 2 random ones shouldn't be problematic. I will NOT be doing any bed rest or going easy on myself once the 37th week hits. Until then, I will be a good girl and not encourage more of the real contractions.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 31st, 2011, 03:16 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Yeah I got one more week of taking it easy then its hello world . I am doing more this week but not overdoing it.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 31st, 2011, 03:28 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I hope that your contractions ease up on you until closer to time ((HUGS))

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 31st, 2011, 04:34 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had them alot like that with Mia last year, diagnosed very irratable uterus. From 15wks and on. I swore there was no way I was making it to 38wks, then I did....and the B/H's became the promodal (msp) labor.....so ya, it does get worse some times, lol.....finally she had to be induced at 39wks, since my body just would not take it to the next level.

Does not look like your getting any relief soon, so I just pray that you go earlier than later!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 31st, 2011, 04:39 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same here - they started about 2 weeks ago and some days are more relentless than others. It got to the point that I wasn't sleeping at all. On the really rough days I take 1/4 of a unisom so I can at least sleep through the night. I find when I am overtired I only get that much more whiny about them.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 31st, 2011, 06:18 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have been having some pretty intense ones for the past week or so. Thankfully I have not had to deal with them since 25 weeks though...that sounds very unpleasant. Apparently they DO do something, meaning they get your uterus into a pattern and labor could be easier because of this whole process. But I do hope, for your sake, she comes out a little earlier than expected (aka: term, but not to your EDD) and you get some relief. I have to admit I hate having to "guess" if this is IT or not. Today was one of those days, where I was checking the TP for blood given the regularity and strength of the contractions. And now they are quiet again...obviously not IT yet. Not that I would want it to be. But the guessing is kinda annoying.
September 1st, 2011, 12:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not that I would wish them on anyone this early I am very relieved I am not the only one. I was starting to get really worried I have had some pretty good ones the past few days and plan to talk to the dr. I find stress is bringing them on and if I do alot of bending down (I chase a 4year old cleaning a lot).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search