Jury Duty!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2011, 07:02 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got called in for Jury Duty October 3rd. My first response was "I am going to be 32 weeks pregnant - I can try to get out of it". Then the rational side of me decided to go. In our county they will just postpone it anyway and I would rather spend time in a court house with Scarlett in my belly than in their daycare center.

Did you even know they have free daycare for people during jury duty? Things have changed a lot in 15 years!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 1st, 2011, 07:19 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Wow. I hope you don't get chosen. That wouldn't be fun at all.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 1st, 2011, 07:40 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Missy I have always wanted to do jury duty and never been called on yet DH did it last year and was not chosen!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I got called when I was PG with DD and filled out the card to postpone it, I have not been called back yet

1/25/12

September 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Missy I have always wanted to do jury duty and never been called on yet DH did it last year and was not chosen!
I actually think it would be kind of cool to serve on a jury. I don't know how they would handle me having to pee every half hour though!

I think I have a levelheaded mind to make the right decision - especially since I would not be emotionally involved with it.

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

September 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I have jury duty in November. Last time I didn't have to participate, I hope I don't this time. I don't know how it works =, legally, with work. Do I have to take vacation? I have no idea.
September 1st, 2011, 09:43 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've been called twice but both times I had recently moved to a different state (for NV when I was in Idaho for school, and for ID shortly after we'd moved to CO).

Good luck!

September 1st, 2011, 10:53 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I did jury duty when I was about 15 weeks pregnant with CJ. Even go at murder case!

September 1st, 2011, 11:45 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im 40 and have not been called yet either! But I would hate to do it now......it would be a nice excuse for me to be alone AFTER the baby is born, lol.....

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Funny how the system works. I am 26 and have been called for jury duty THREE times in my adult life. The first was petite jury (aka: a month's worth of calling every day to see if my "color" was called. I never had to actually decide anything for any case because the one I was on got dismissed). My second I "got out of" because I lived outside the country (when I lived in Canada). The third one was grand jury and I was not selected because it was a drug-related case and I am a drug counselor by trade. They pulled the "no go" card on me

And I have heard of people who are 40-50 and have NEVER gotten jury duty! I don't mind it, as long as it fits into my schedule. So far, it has not been hard to work out.

Funny enough, I was scheduled for a court date (speeding ticket ) on October 4th! Lol. I asked to have it postponed til December and they were fine with it. There is apparently such a thing as "maternity leave" in court too.
September 1st, 2011, 03:54 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have never been called. But I don't know of many military that get called... I would have to ask around. We move alot. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 1st, 2011, 05:37 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I would do it before she is born if you can,

Around here they don't even pay you enough for a few hours for childcare.

September 1st, 2011, 06:46 PM
I am 42 and was called once about 10 years ago. At the time I was a single mom with the soul income of the house resting on me. So I wrote them a letter and they excused me.

Courtney - your employer has to let you have the time off with no negative consequences.

Taken from a court website: Tell your employer about your jury service date. If you work full time, your employer must pay your regular wages for the first five days of jury service.

September 1st, 2011, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never been called for jury duty in my 37 years, but my daughter got called within two months of turning 18 last year. I just had to laugh, because she always takes after my husband and he's been called at least once every couple of years since he turned 18.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search