Self induction

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
No I am not trying to self induce but I know many ladies talk about it.

So have you tried any self inducing methods?
What have you tried?
Did it work?
What methods have you heard of to help induce labor?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 3rd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
So have you tried any self inducing methods? With my last, yes.
What have you tried? I used evening primrose oil to help soften my cervix. I read the self-induced orgasms release more oxytocin so I utilized that knowledge on top of nipple stimulation. I ran up and down stairs and did a lot of jumping jacks. Admittedly, I was a little too obsessed. I think I was just curious if it would work...I wouldn't do it all of that again unless I were at risk for a medical induction.
Did it work? Yes.
What methods have you heard of to help induce labor? Black or blue cohosh, I never know which is which. Castor Oil. None of that stuff is anything I would want to try though.

September 3rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
I tried walking with my second and red raspberry leaf tea. None of it worked. I think we tried DTD but can't remember. I was still induced LOL. My first I never made it to a point I was just ready to be done.

I keep hearing about fresh pineapple which is a new one to me. I have heard the DTD, Castor Oil, EPO, walking, nipple stimulation, I think that is all for now. There may be others I haven't thought of.

September 3rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
My sister with my oldest nephew went over due. So we were trying our best to get her to go into labor. We went out and ate spicy food, went on bumpy mountain ride and then my mom and I took her to the mall to walk around. We walked around for 3 hours and I was in the dressing room trying on clothes and I come out and she had this weird look on her face. I said "okay so you hate this one?" and she said "ummm no I think my water just broke

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
My sister with my oldest nephew went over due. So we were trying our best to get her to go into labor. We went out and ate spicy food, went on bumpy mountain ride and then my mom and I took her to the mall to walk around. We walked around for 3 hours and I was in the dressing room trying on clothes and I come out and she had this weird look on her face. I said "okay so you hate this one?" and she said "ummm no I think my water just broke
September 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Aww that's such a cute story though!!!

September 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
It's a memory that lasts a lifetime

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
That is so funny. One of DH's co workers said he needed to take me for a bumpy drive just yesterday . The dispatch center at his work is full of women and they are excited for a new baby . I forgot about that one.

September 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my oldest I was overdue and drank caster oil... It did nothing but make me pee it all out over the next few days.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So have you tried any self inducing methods? I did when i was pregnant with cheyenne
What have you tried? i tryed everything, sex, walking, the breast pump, Pineapples,
Did it work? Nope she came the day before her due date, and i will not be trying anything again this time around.
What methods have you heard of to help induce labor? lots.but i don't believe they work

September 5th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With ds we tried dtd, walking, driving over speed bumps and eating very spicy food - all about a week before my due date. Nothing worked, but i went into labor right on my due date. This time we have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks so i won't be trying anything. I wouldn't mind a New Years baby, but to be honest, going into labor when i'll just end up with another c-section does not sound like fun.

September 5th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my son I tried sex, walking spicy foods, nipple stimulation, and glasses of red wine (one at a time of course lol). I don't think it really worked but who knows, I went into labor 5 days before my DD.
September 5th, 2011, 11:19 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DS1 I tried walking and DTD. That was about it but we did A LOT of both. He came 6 days late..but we didn't really try doing anything in particular until a few days before my EDD. Anyway, for a little over a week before he came I walked at least 3 miles a day (which was not fun with my huge watermelon feet lol) and we DTD at least once a day, usually twice.
Like I said, he was 6 days late and even after going into labor on my own, I was put on pitocin to help me progress bc I wasn't doing it well on my own.

This time I decided to try the EPO. So far I've just been taking it orally..I'm kind of afraid to just put a capsule "up there" lol. But I may try that soon. It might be helping but I honestly don't know. At my 37 week appointment I was 1cm and not effaced..I started it a couple days later and at my 38 week appointment I was 2cm and 40% with a "nice stretchy cervix".
We went walking last night but it's not something I'm doing all the time..and DTD is few and far between although I might try that again too if I get desperate enough this week. lol
September 6th, 2011, 07:24 AM
mom2moose
With Moose, I did nothing, and had her at 38 weeks. This time, the week I went into labor with Finn, I tried: pineapple, salsa, pizza, started drinking RRL tea at 34 weeks, sex, and nipple stimulation. Obviously, I have no idea WHAT worked or the fact that Finn was huge and just ready to come out. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search