Why am I not excited????

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2011, 10:03 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be 8 weeks on Thursday and I was feeling confident about this pregnancy then I started freaking out again yesterday. I think it's because I started feeling a bit better nausea wise and it started to make me wonder rather something is happening or not. That and reading about late losses (9+ weeks) and missed m/c freaked me out. I've never had a loss this late.....my latest was 6w 2d.

I really wish that I was seeing an OB (I'm having a h/b with a m/w) because if I am worried, then I can have an u/s to ease my mind.

UGH!!!! I HATE worrying like this

DH is letting me go shopping for maternity clothes because I won't be able to wear any of my regular clothes soon and I'm not even excited about it because I'm afraid that I will just have to return them.

=May '05 and '11

September 3rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are feeling this way, PAL SUCKS! Hope you are able to ease your mind soon.

September 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry. PAL sucks. Its so hard to get excited. I know I didn't feel at ease completely until after 18 weeks. I for sure had to get maternity clothes before then LOL. Enjoy your shopping trip. Remember you are pregnant and you deserve to be comfortable. Try not to worry about later losses. You are going to see them more when you hang out on PAL and TTCAL but really they don't happen that often. If you have already seen/heard the heartbeat your chances of a m/c are 1-2% I think. Sometimes its hard to remember that really your chances of a loss at this point are very small. We are all here for you and understand. I hope you get some shopping done and have fun.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
((HUGS)) I am sorry your feeling nervous. Could you call your OB and go in just for a quick scan or them to check the heartbeat? Just to give you some piece of mind.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 3rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
I am so sorry. PAL sucks. Its so hard to get excited. I know I didn't feel at ease completely until after 18 weeks. I for sure had to get maternity clothes before then LOL. Enjoy your shopping trip. Remember you are pregnant and you deserve to be comfortable. Try not to worry about later losses. You are going to see them more when you hang out on PAL and TTCAL but really they don't happen that often. If you have already seen/heard the heartbeat your chances of a m/c are 1-2% I think. Sometimes its hard to remember that really your chances of a loss at this point are very small. We are all here for you and understand. I hope you get some shopping done and have fun.
I haven't see or heard the h/b yet because I'm using a m/w. I don't get an u/s unless I request one, then I have to drive about 45 minutes to the hospital that she uses to get one done. So I have NO clue whats going on in there...LOL At this point, I'm almost ready to just do it so that I know for sure that I have a healthy bean growing. DH thinks I'm silly for worrying though, so I don't know if he would go for it or not.

=May '05 and '11

September 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
If i were you I would try to get an u/s. I think she would understand since you have had a loss.

PAL does suck...it's hard to not worry and have neg thoughts flying through your head a million times per min.

<3 hugs

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
September 3rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely get the u/s for your own peace of mind. The first trimester is so nervewracking - i remember feeling great some days and convinced i wasn't pregnant over the littlest loss of symptoms on other days. You are totally not alone, but i don't know if i could have coped without the u/s.

September 3rd, 2011, 08:01 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))) the beginning is so hard honey. I remember having days where I did not feel as sick and was convinced that I lost the baby. ((more hugs))

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 3rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
Veteran
i totally know the feeling i had a misscarriage that people sounded supportive on then telling other people why i dont just get over it when it hadnt even been a week after the m/c. i got pregnant soon after and i havent been able to get as excited about things. i feel bad about saying this but im not sure if i detatched myself a little bit in the beginning to make sure things would go smooth and now that im gunna be 18 weeks im still having trouble, not getting attatched but getting super excited. keep your head up and try to have fun with the shopping! everything will be okay
September 4th, 2011, 07:22 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that PAL sucks! I have those doubtful days all the time. I went out and bought some maternity clothes for work a few weeks ago, because I knew I would need them when school starts this week. I still haven't taken them out of the bag to wash them, because I'm afraid. I also pulled my maternity clothes from DS and DD from the attic and haven't gone through and washed them for the same reason you mentioned. I'm going to have to do it soon since the students come back Tuesday, but I'm afraid I'll jinx myself. I think this is fitting Know you're not alone!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

September 4th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnPhotoMama81 View Post
If i were you I would try to get an u/s. I think she would understand since you have had a loss.

PAL does suck...it's hard to not worry and have neg thoughts flying through your head a million times per min.

<3 hugs
My m/w completely understands. When I had some spotting a few weeks ago, she was supportive about me going in for a u/s if thats what I wanted to do. It was DH who talked me out of it and told me that I was worried about nothing. Men don't understand what it's like to be us .

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search