Doppler

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2011, 07:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did any of you purchase or rent a doppler? I have seen several on Amazon and just wondered which one you ladies would recommend. I'm also wondering if I will drive myself crazy with it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 8th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I've thought about getting one, but I am waiting until after I have a chance of actually hearing anything. I also am concerned that it could make me become obsessive.
September 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I have one, it works great after about 12 weeks. Il look at the brand tonight.

September 8th, 2011, 09:53 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Lots of ladies actually have them here . I know big shocker. Hopefully they will pop in and post what they have.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 8th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Jessido's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I DEFINITELY want one but I think DH would think it was a little bit silly. I will probably get one anyways though. Last time, I had an anterior placenta and the doctors always had a hard time finding the HB. If that happened again I know I would freak myself out a lot trying to find it.

Avery. 4/11
September 8th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Veteran
I rented one from tummytickles for 39.99 a month! And I JUST sent it back today actually lol.. I had it from when I was 12 weeks till now (37). It made me feel so much better about my pregnancy when I was in doubt. Now that I can feel him move a lot more I didn't need it and it's been sitting in the box for about a month and a half haha.
September 8th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Veteran
I have thought about getting one, but I too think I would become obsessive!!! And then if I couldn't find the heart beat, I would automatically panic and rush to the er!! I would love to be able to hear that beautiful sound any time though!!

September 8th, 2011, 06:26 PM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I rented the cheapest one on babybeat.com for only $24 with free shipping both ways. I found the h/b at 9 weeks 1 day and I play with it every couple of days. I only use it when I need a little reassurance and it's not made me obsessive. It got me past my scary parts.
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
September 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I got the Sonaline B ( or something like that )

It was worth every Penny !!!

September 8th, 2011, 08:19 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Great thread!! I would love to rent or buy one too!! waiting till 12 weeks though

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
September 9th, 2011, 06:29 AM
So a lady in DDC said that the doppler could potentially hurt the baby if used often. She said it was okay to use it very infrequently like the doctor does at our check ups. Does anybody know anything about this? I don't see how it could hurt the baby but wouldn't want to do anything that could potentially hurt baby.

September 9th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
So a lady in DDC said that the doppler could potentially hurt the baby if used often. She said it was okay to use it very infrequently like the doctor does at our check ups. Does anybody know anything about this? I don't see how it could hurt the baby but wouldn't want to do anything that could potentially hurt baby.
I don't see how that is possible. It's like a microphone as far as I know.

I found this on Wikipedia. Doesn't say it's harmful. I'll check for other info.

I found this article that basically cautions only against false positives from not being able to use the machine properly. It looks like there is one type of doppler that should not be used long term. It also says, that it's practically impossible to hear the heartbeat when your uterus is still inside your pelvis, which makes sense.

Last edited by Shadeauxe; September 9th, 2011 at 07:01 AM.
September 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got this one, and I LOVE it! ClinicalGuard.com|Sonoline B Handheld Pocket Fetal Doppler I was able to hear both babies at 10 weeks. I've heard that it's dangerous from random people on JM, but have never been able to find anything to substantiate that. They're usually the same people that feel that too many u/s are dangerous. I figure my use of it will become less frequent when I am able to feel them moving more often, but until then, it's worth every penny in peace of mind!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

September 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
I don't see how that is possible. It's like a microphone as far as I know.

I found this on Wikipedia. Doesn't say it's harmful. I'll check for other info.

I found this article that basically cautions only against false positives from not being able to use the machine properly. It looks like there is one type of doppler that should not be used long term. It also says, that it's practically impossible to hear the heartbeat when your uterus is still inside your pelvis, which makes sense.
Thanks for the links Courtney!!

September 11th, 2011, 06:56 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have this one: Sonotrax

I got it around 9 weeks and found the heartbeat right away. I have LOVED having it. I used it 2 or 3 times a week early on and still use it sometimes since I have an anterior placenta and don't feel as much movement as I like sometimes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search