Friday feeding

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
For all our new mommies !

How are feedings going?
Are you BF?
Formula?
What were you planning to do?
If you are doing formula what kind are you using?
How often are you nursing/feeding?

Anything else feeding related you want to share?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 10th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
We're doing pretty good here. Breastfeeding, which is what I was planning. Allison's doing about every 2 hours now, but we were cluster feeding for the last couple days so that's a relief. I'd *like* to get every 3-4 hours, but who knows. I'm letting her call the shots.

I got a blister a couple days ago...bad overnight latching, and it's been kind of painful to have her nurse on that side. Ugh.

September 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am exclusively bfing from the tap, on demand, never tried pumping and she has never had anything by bottle. I am proud of that because I have always been very flat chested but apparently my boobs were just waiting until they were really needed to appear I have had oversupply and M just feeds and feeds. She is a gourmet, really enjoys herself and likes to linger and nap/nurse. People have told me I don't have to let her do that, but I don't mind it, I feel my main job right now is to feed and care for her so we are often parked on the couch. She is more and more having days where she wants to go out in the world and see new things, not nurse as often or as long, and I know she will not be content to nurse/cuddle for hours forever so I am enjoying it while I can.

I have been really lucky and never once had bleeding nipples, painful latch, thrush, mastitis, or anything. It has been smooth sailing. I feel all the research I did during pregnancy helped me a LOT. And, I am lucky. I truly love breastfeeding.

September 10th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Super Mommy
We are also exclusively breastfeeding... about every 3 hours give or take a bit. She determines the schedule, not me. She is so so very much easier to nurse than my first, although she is tongue tied and this is causing me some pain and causing her to have some difficulties to get a proper latch. Have an appt next week with the Paed and hopefully he will be able to correct this and it will be all smooth sailing from there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search