Best thing

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2011, 09:39 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
For those who have delivered your rainbow babies what is the best part of being a mom after loss?

For those pregnant what is the best part of being pregnant after a loss? (everyone can answer this one )

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 12th, 2011, 06:28 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
For those pregnant what is the best part of being pregnant after a loss? (everyone can answer this one ) The best part of PAL for me is reaching milestones and feeling movement everyday.

1/25/12

September 12th, 2011, 07:15 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
The best part for me with being pregnant after loss is having a new understanding of aches and pains. It is easier to endure them when there is hope of becoming the mother of a baby I have dreamed of for years. Also, watching Marsi move around like crazy this morning (as she does every morning) is the highlight of my day.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 12th, 2011, 01:09 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me, the best part of being pregnant after a loss is just knowing how lucky I am to experience the tiniest parts of being pregnant- it's awesome that my belly button popping or a tiny kick from my baby girl or a pregnancy waddle can make me feel like the luckiest person on the planet
September 12th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I would say the best thing about pregnancy AND motherhood are the same for me. I'm just so aware of how much of a miracle every moment is, so it's easier to deal with the not-so pleasant stuff, but it's so amazing that everyone is safe and healthy.

September 12th, 2011, 03:07 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I think the best part for me is I have enjoyed each moment and milestone more. I haven't taken my pregnancy for granted. I hope that it continues as a mom to an infant again. I am enjoying my older children more as well.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 12th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think like Brittanie said, just feeling the miraculousness of the small moments, which makes the not-fun moments easier. I love waking up in the morning and seeing her angelic little face next to me, I just feel so lucky.

September 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
The best part part of having your rainbow after a loss is just that feeling you have when they are in your arms and finally home. The first few weeks I swear was just a dream.

I am still trying to find the best part of pregnancy.... I get to freaked out and nervous. But I did love feeling DD move and hicup and can not wait to feel that again.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
September 12th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
The best part for me about being pregnant after my loss has been my positive outlook on life. My Facebook statuses were negative and whiney, complain, complain, complain. Losing our baby was one of the worst experiences we have ever been through and no matter how bad or frustrating a situation is, nothing seems so bad anymore and we manage to face nearly everything with positivity and good spirit.

September 12th, 2011, 08:32 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those who have delivered your rainbow babies what is the best part of being a mom after loss? DS #1 is a rainbow baby after loss and I love watching everything about him. Every day when he learns something new. Every new word he tries to say.

For those pregnant what is the best part of being pregnant after a loss? (everyone can answer this one ) With this baby, I have not felt connected until today actually. It's been almost 8 weeks since my last miscarry date and I am just now starting to connect. DS is starting to connect. I have a baby bump. I can feel the baby move and roll. And I am finally accepting it. It's a great feeling.

September 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't know what the best part is. I know I won't take as many things for granted, but I think I also have a shield up right now, so until my mind drops that shield, it's impossible to be 100% engaged.
September 13th, 2011, 10:06 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Similar to Brittanie's...it's the smallest moments that are the most amazing, and sometimes you just feel so awed that this is your child. The loss definitely helped refocus me on what my priorities are...there's no chore or work email more important than reading Savannah a book (for the 100x time that night ) or tickling her...the list goes on and on...you cherish every second more I think.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 13th, 2011, 03:31 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those who have delivered your rainbow babies what is the best part of being a mom after loss? I would have to say having him here safe and sound after so much heartache... The miracle of life is such a God given blessing...

For those pregnant what is the best part of being pregnant after a loss? (everyone can answer this one ) It was the same I treasured every moment even all the uncomfortable stuff..
September 13th, 2011, 08:29 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still in the scared out of my mind part right now...I'm trying really hard not to be attached at all, but it is impossible, cause I love this baby so much already...

once I get past the NT Scan, then I might start breathing again...
September 13th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
I think like Brittanie said, just feeling the miraculousness of the small moments, which makes the not-fun moments easier. I love waking up in the morning and seeing her angelic little face next to me, I just feel so lucky.
This is so so true. I love simply holding her and I feel infinitely blessed to have her in my life. Although... let me tell you, sleep deprivation sucks.
September 13th, 2011, 10:21 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to agree, reaching each milestone brings a totally new meaning. Feeling this little one wiggle and squirm is the most reassuring feeling I have ever felt. In my past pregnancies I got annoyed with the movement, I just didn't like it. I suppose it sort of creeped me out. This time? No WAY. This baby is so much more active and since Colm was small for his gestational age he was also weak. The strength of this baby is just 'right'.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 14th, 2011, 05:31 AM
mom2moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I would say the best thing about pregnancy AND motherhood are the same for me. I'm just so aware of how much of a miracle every moment is, so it's easier to deal with the not-so pleasant stuff, but it's so amazing that everyone is safe and healthy.
Totally agree with this answer!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search