what way are you sleeping?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 06:43 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In what ways are you sleeping? I try to stay on my left side but sometimes wake up on my back. Last night she must have nuzzled into an organ of mine or something because I woke up screaming in pain. Doc said if it happens again to call him.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I sleep on my sides. It is impossible for me to be on my back. I try to sleep on my left, but that is facing DH and I can't! I spent too many years sleeping on my right and stomach. I mostly sleep in my right side...when I sleep. I guess I toss and turn enough it doesn't matter that I can press on blood vessels.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

September 12th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Very uncomfortably!

I try to sleep on my left side, but usually turn to my right for part of the night. I'm having problems with right hip pain when sleeping on my left side, even though I keep a pillow between my legs.

Missy, I'm now keeping a pillow behind my back to keep from rolling over onto my back. Did I mention that I kicked my husband out of the bed a couple weeks ago? The bed is just too small for the both of us right now, and his constant flipping and snoring was making it even harder for me to sleep.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
September 12th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sleeping? I don't think I do that. Not only is the insomnia getting worse, i never seem to get comfortable when i finially force myself to sleep.
September 12th, 2011, 08:09 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sleeping on my sides, with a pillow between my knees and sometimes one under my belly. I occasionally wake up on my back, but it doesn't bother me, so I haven't started putting a pillow behind me yet. We have me, DH, and our 2 dogs in bed, so there isn't that much room for me to toss and turn and I have been sleeping like a rock- I usually wake up with huge indentations from my clothes
September 12th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyKitty View Post
Very uncomfortably!

Missy, I'm now keeping a pillow behind my back to keep from rolling over onto my back. Did I mention that I kicked my husband out of the bed a couple weeks ago? The bed is just too small for the both of us right now, and his constant flipping and snoring was making it even harder for me to sleep.
I will do that with a pillow, thanks! I was seriously thinking of sleeping in the livingroom on a blow up bed. My DH tosses and turns all night and wakes me up as well as moves the mattress so much! (he is a huge guy)

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

September 12th, 2011, 08:21 PM
jennybunny82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sleep cooped up in my Snoogle pregnancy pillow. Best thing ever. Wish I had it the first time around. My son tries to snuggle up in it with me and so does my husband. I'm pretty sure after I'm done being pregnant that pillow will get PLENTY of use.

September 12th, 2011, 08:23 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Start out on my left side, then to my right side, all night long. I average about 2hrs of straight sleep, get up, go pee, then swith sides. My hips cannot take a night with it all on one side. My dr. said that switching is perfect! Does not want me getting bed sores, lol. I cant sleep on my back though, I cant breathe from the pressure, so thats never been a problem. I swear sometimes though I just want to lay on my belly so bad....I tilt it as far as I can withougt actually being face down in the pillow!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 12th, 2011, 10:02 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I start on my left side and roll to the right, then back to the left, etc. Its an all night thing. I sleep with a pillow between my knees and switch sides about every two hours when I get up to pee.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 13th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I sleep on my sides and back. I never sleep on my stomach because it hurts my back (pregnant or not).
September 13th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Sounds like we are all sleeping so soundly each night.

September 13th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I try to sleep on my left. Sometimes I just can't get comfortable and end up falling asleep on my right. Sometimes I'll fall asleep on my left and wake up on my right. I only have to get up once to pee and that's only some nights. Usually I can sleep straight through. I have a bladder made of steel. lol Other things wake up me though and I can't get back to sleep and it'll be like 0330. Yuck. lol

The bast few nights, I've been getting decent sleep.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

September 13th, 2011, 08:57 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I fall asleep on my left side and rotate after every bathroom trip,lol.

1/25/12

September 13th, 2011, 08:58 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what's sleep? I just flop from side to side every 10 minutes all night...I'm a stomach sleeper, and sleeping on my sides makes my hips hurt...I've pretty much given up on sleep lol

September 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always did the switch-every-2-hrs thing too at least in the 3rd tri

Now I still alternate sides... I cosleep with M and she likes to sleep on the boob, and that way I don't always wake up when she feeds. I keep a pillow on the other side to prop me up at the right angle for her and keep my arm around her. I feel much more secure when I can feel her breathing and she sleeps really well like that. The other night we both slept straight through for over 7 hours but usually we switch sides and I pee and drink water and check her diaper every 3-4 hours

September 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I sleep mostly on my belly...with a leg "popped" to take pressure off the belly. It is still plenty comfy for me. My belly is more "flat and long" than "out and hard"...so it is not an issue to sleep on my belly. I really move a lot in my sleep though, so I wake up in all positions (back, either side, pillow over my head, etc). Poor DH...I am always really restless. I never have to get up to pee though, so all changes in position are involuntary!

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
September 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I flip from side to side
September 13th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I flip from side to side all night long because of the hip pain like most of you. But many nights i end up waking up on my stomach after a long stretch of peaceful sleep. I'm so scared I'm hurting her on my belly but I just seem to end up there, and my doctor says it really can't hurt her -it's normally just uncomfortable for the moms.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search