Very scared this time!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2006, 06:54 AM
*~*Jenn*~*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *~*Jenn*~*
Hi! My name is Jennifer and I just got a BFP on June 29th. I'm only a little over 4 weeks along, and I am so scared I'm going to lose this one! I had a miscarriage at about 9 weeks last May, I believe due to low pregestrone (It was around an 11 I think). So I called my dr. right away and made an appt., the soonest I can get in is on July 10th.

I went and got it confirmed yesterday, they just took a urine sample to confirm a postive test. Last time I started spotting really early, and I didn't get put on progestrone until at least a week or so after the bleeding started. This time I stressed that I want my levels checked, so they're going to do all the blood work on the 10th.

I'm just scared to tell anyone in fear I'll have to retell them again that we lost it. Things are starting to look better this time, no spotting yet for one, and some feelings of morning sickness. But there will be times that I feel perfectly fine, and I start worrying that I don't have any symptoms and if that's a bad sign.

I know I'm rambling, I just won't feel relaxed until I hear some good news this time about my levels!

Thanks to jaidynsmumfor my adorable siggy and w000 for awesome blinkies !

July 1st, 2006, 01:41 PM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was the same way, but, I tried REALLY REALLY hard to think positively this time... I would tell myself that there was a 75% chance that this baby would be fine (instead of the opposite)... I didn't tell many people in the beginning either. But I do understand your anxiety... TRUST ME!!! Before my 2nd u/s, I was bawling b/c I was so afraid that they would tell me the same bad news as last time... but they didn't!!! Try REALLY hard to think positively... I know it's easier said than done. Good luck, I think you'll be just fine!!

I'm so happy for you!

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

July 1st, 2006, 03:33 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I felt the same way the second time around, But then I told myself that I wanted to enjoy being pregnant and we ended up telling everyone. I thought about how horrible it would be to go through another m/c and have non of my family/friends support like i did with the first one. I knew my family and friends loved me and that no matter what happened that I woud fee better telling them then not telling them. I think its a personal decision but i am glad we told everyone b/c It was nice to have the support and have everyone be so excited. It is so scary and I know how you feel TRUST ME! Before every sonogram I felt like I was going to throw up because I jsut knew they would tell me something bad. Try to take things one day at a time, that was the only thing that got me through. (HUGS)

July 3rd, 2006, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I know exactly what you are feeling and its totally normal!!! I was terrified in the beginning and cried out of fear so many times and even now I still have some rough days where I go into panic mode. It's hard to enjoy everything after a loss but just try to stay positive and remember that each pregnancy is different and just becuase you had a loss doesn't mean it will happen again. I waited to tell people (besides parents and siblings)until I was 13 weeks and even then was scared to do it but you'll get comfortable at a point. Best of luck to you and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt the same way. We didn't tell anyone I was pregnant the first time around, and I found that it was hard to go through that sadness and then turn it off when peope were around. This time around we decided to tell our friends and our parents. I was a nervous wreck the week before my 12 week ultrasound, and was bawling the night before. Everything was and is fine, but I still find myself worrying about twinges and feelings. I just try and stay positive but I think my mind will always keep me guarded (not that it will help in the pain any) until my baby is born.
Congratulations!!!!!!
July 4th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
i know how you feel try not to worry to much.i worry about little things here and there i mc last june i was at 5 wks and once i passed that 5wk marker i felt a bit better once i saw the hb and saw that little baby i felt alot better.of course i still get antsy about it and i am 14wks.i think every mom has is issue when they are pg after a m/c.hugs we are here if u need to talk always
Kim
July 5th, 2006, 01:02 PM
hustons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hustons Send a message via Yahoo to hustons
Hey Jennifer, You and I are in the same boat. I too am scared out of my MIND. Every time I go to the bathroom I wonder what I'm going to see (which now makes going to the bathroom like mini celebrations every time!! haha) I just keep waking up in the morning thinking "is today going to be the day that I lose my baby again?"
We are trying to stay positive though. If we dont and everything turns out to be fine then I've lost that beginning stage of pregnancy to celebrate!!!

My Doc is seeing me early this time since I lost it last time and I think I'm going to ask to have my levels checked etc to make myself feel better.

Feel absolutely free to PM me anytime throughout our journey! We're in this together!!

"In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero" ......Martina McBride
July 5th, 2006, 04:27 PM
soontobemommyto3
Quote:
I'm just scared to tell anyone in fear I'll have to retell them again that we lost it. Things are starting to look better this time, no spotting yet for one, and some feelings of morning sickness. But there will be times that I feel perfectly fine, and I start worrying that I don't have any symptoms and if that's a bad sign.[/b]
I only told a very few people I was pregnant in the beginning. I didn't tell other people until I was showing. I used to wear a big coat when I was out too so no one would know until I was past 20 weeks (the time when I lost my baby). Eventually I started showing enough that people weren't afraid to ask, it was obvious I was pregnant vs just gaining weight. I still feel weird when people ask me about the baby, like talking about her will somehow jinx the pregnancy.
July 5th, 2006, 07:06 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Congratulations! I just had a m/c in may and I'm preggo again... I agree it's really scary, but I just try to think about the good stuff instead of the bad. I bought a little baby outfit and I think that helped me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search