could use some supprt

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2006, 08:38 AM
I'm looking for success stories from women who have had 1 miscarriage and went on to have a normal pregnancy.

1. How did you handle TTC after the miscarriage.
2. How long did it take you to conceive after the miscarriage.
3. How did you get through the first trimester with all the fear that it would happen again.
4. Was the normal pregnancy any different in terms of symptoms or anything else from the pregnancy that you miscarried?

Michaela November 15th, 2007
July 1st, 2006, 02:47 PM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I fit into this category. My last pregnancy was in Nov/Dec... I went in for my 8 week u/s and there was no h/b

So this time was definitely very nervewracking...

To answer your questions:

I didn't handle TTC any differently... I went with the SAME EXACT approach I used for the month we conceived and it worked again.

We conceived on our first try after waiting for one AF (It took my AF 2 months from Second D&C--- I had to have 2 D&Cs for the m/c)

3. How did you get through the first trimester with all the fear that it would happen again.

I was definitely worried... TRUST ME!!! I feel soooo much better now that I'm in my 2nd trimester. I tried SOOOO hard to think positively... but that was definitely hard at times. I got 3 u/s during my first trimester, so that helped too (It doesn't hurt to ask in my opinion-- esp. if they know your history)

4. Was the normal pregnancy any different in terms of symptoms or anything else from the pregnancy that you miscarried?

Well, with my first one, I had NO m/s... this time I had nausea-- I think it started around week 6... It was never SEVERE by any means, but it was there. I gladly welcomed it. (of course this could have just been ironic... many people have ZERO nausea in their pregnancies).

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

July 1st, 2006, 04:30 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm looking for success stories from women who have had 1 miscarriage and went on to have a normal pregnancy.

4. Was the normal pregnancy any different in terms of symptoms or anything else from the pregnancy that you miscarried?[/b]

I am so sorry for your loss. Hope this helps

.1. How did you handle TTC after the miscarriage.
We just were determined that we wanted a child so we went into all of it being very optomistic and tried to be as patient as we could. Leaning on eachother helped alot.[/b]

I had my D&C in June of last year and finally conceived after 6 months on clomid,metformin and synthroid. [/b]

ONE DAY AT A TIME, I tried not to drive myself to insane but I am a natrual worrier and this was very hard for me to do. I just took everything day by day and then week by week. I just had to hope for the best but I was still very scared!![/b]

Yes, the pregnancy I m/c with I had no symptoms- this pregnancy I was so sick and had all the symptoms that I didn't experience the first time.[/b]

Good luck hun, I hope this helps and you are doing okay. PM me anytime

July 1st, 2006, 08:19 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How did you handle TTC after the miscarriage-we had tried for 16 mos before the first pg, so I was really nervous about TTC #2-I was on Clomid for both pg's.
2. How long did it take you to conceive after the miscarriage-I conceived on my 2nd Clomid cycle.
3. How did you get through the first trimester with all the fear that it would happen again-Honestly, I never thought I would get as far as I have. I had to learn to be thankful each morning I woke up still pregnant, and I used this board whenever I got panicky-it was encouraging to see other moms making it through.
4. Was the normal pregnancy any different in terms of symptoms or anything else from the pregnancy that you miscarried-I had been spotting a few times a week starting early on in the m/c pregnancy, but I was in a lot of denial, and the books all said spotting can be normal, so I tried to ignore it. Nausea and sore bb's were the same as this pg. I also hadn't been growing with the first pg-this time I pouffed out at 5 weeks and haven't stopped since.
Good luck to you, be gentle with yourself and take everything one day at a time.
Marie

Lucky mother to five!

July 2nd, 2006, 11:25 AM
soontobemommyto3
Well I had my loss at 20 weeks so it was a little later than normal.

Nothing much different. I did use OPKs and charted, but I had a good idea when I ovulated before so it was really just a distraction for me.

8 weeks (2nd cycle we tried)

Since I lost my baby later, I had longer to get through. I didn't handle it very well. I was in denial for a lot of it. I still worry now but not quite as much. Getting past 20 weeks was a big deal for me.

So far it has been normal. I had fewer pregnancy symptoms this time but I attributed it to having been pregnant only 8 weeks before, my body was still used to all the hormones.

good luck!
July 2nd, 2006, 04:30 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if this will help, but here goes..

1. How did you handle TTC after the miscarriage. I never have had a m/c... my son was born living at 26 weeks gestation and died almost 2 days later. Just like Susan, I was pg barely 2 cycles after giving birth. It wasn't planned, but not really un-planned. We were both kind of shocked that it happened so quickly
2. How long did it take you to conceive after the miscarriage. 2 cycles

3. How did you get through the first trimester with all the fear that it would happen again. For me, it has been an on-going thing... since I had a loss practically in the 3rd trimester, I'm not sure if I will ever feel secure until the baby is home. Don't get me wrong, there *is* a sense of relief with each passing milestone. For me, though, it's peppered with fears about the future.

4. Was the normal pregnancy any different in terms of symptoms or anything else from the pregnancy that you miscarried? Symptom-wise they were identical. But I have had many extra precatutions this time around, such as cervical cerclage, progesterone shots weekly, and bi-weekly cervical u/s. I also won't hesitate to call my doctors office and force my way in if I feel anything remotely unsettling.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search