Starting to get emotional...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2011, 08:09 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The last couple of weeks, I have really started to get emotional at anything related to having our little girl. I am definitely not normally a person who cries, but I can't even count the number of times I have had to hold back tears in public anymore Here are some examples of things that now make me cry:

- seeing a newborn (it didn't work out too well when we went on our hospital tour, or when we had to watch a video in our birthing class )

- reading/hearing/thinking about anyone's labor/delivery (this is a constant problem in birthing class, and I also learned not to read my birthing class assignments at work or in waiting rooms )

- thinking about our final preparations for baby girl: planning to pack the hospital bags, cry, thinking about installing the carseat, cry, thinking about when to wash all the baby clothes, cry

I know it's normal to start getting emotional, but I am starting to think that I have to work through some things ahead of time (like really, really accepting that this is real and that I am getting my baby girl) or I'm going to have a meltdown in labor. Anyone have any advice or experience?
September 16th, 2011, 08:42 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Nicole I think it's totally normal with all you have been through to get your rainbow baby to be emotional thinking of her arrival. You are so close to having her in your arms.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 16th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oooo mama, it's those lovely hormones. If you plan to breastfeed, it will get even crazier from the lactation cocktail just roll with it, it's totally natural, and as Katie said even more for you after what you've been through to get here!!

Fwiw I was totally the same way, usually very rational and just started losing it randomly. The first time we set up the cosleeper by the bed I was so overcome, and I put a stuffed animal in there and lay in the bed just imagining it was my baby right there with tears in my eyes. My BIL was there helping us set it up and he was like OMG

September 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I also cry at little things like that. I can't believe I'm almost halfway done, I never thought this little guy was going to make it through all the problems I had. I have been watching baby shows on TV and cry every time, even the pampers commercial with all the newborns makes me cry,lol. I too think it's normal. It's an overwhelming feeling to finally believe that you actually will take home this rainbow baby. I think I will have a good cry of joy/relief once I hit viability.

1/25/12

September 16th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Super Mommy
Completely thoroughly normal. I would do the exact same thing. Funny thing was that I was certain I would be a basketcase in labour, but this was not the case. I think the sense of relief that she was here overpowered any other emotion and I managed to keep it all together. As mentioned, however, the hormonal cocktail from breastfeeding and sleep deprivation has definitely taken an emotional toll postpartum... i.e. a lovely combination of weepy/cranky... whee! It will all be fabulous, momma
September 16th, 2011, 10:00 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Totally normal. I cry over everything right now. The other night I burst into tears for no reason at all. I remember bursting into tears when we set up her pack and play. Partly of fear and partly because I was so happy. I burst into tears everytime I have a contraction and then they stop LOL. I cry when others deliver. I just cry all the time. And if I am not crying I am either happy and laughing or totally ticked and want to bite someones head off. I feel like I have the worst case of pms ever.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 16th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks, everyone At least I know I'm not totally crazy.... I guess I better get used to crying Maybe I can embrace it and teach my little girl to be more in touch with her emotions
September 16th, 2011, 05:32 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
The first time we set up the cosleeper by the bed I was so overcome, and I put a stuffed animal in there and lay in the bed just imagining it was my baby right there with tears in my eyes.
I have Scarlett's bassinet at the foot of our bed right now with my first stuffed animal in it. Sometimes I look at it and just cry. The emotions of this dream of our child being born when we had about given up is extremely overwhelming at times.

One of the graduates recently told me that she still has days when she cries because she is so overwhelmed with the feeling of her rainbow babies... and they are 1 year old!

I guess we tend to maybe have more emotion going into all of this because of what we went through. While our innocence of pregnancy is gone, we make up for the emotions in appreciation.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 18th, 2011, 01:15 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I cried even more once he arrived than before, and I thought I was crying a lot then! The emotions are so strong and throw in a good dose of hormones and my advice is to pick lots of kleenex!

[/url
September 18th, 2011, 06:34 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What you're feeling is totally normal! I felt that way all through my pregnancy with DS and DD and I'm sure I will the further I get along with these two. You get so used to worrying that it's hard to process the fact that you will truly have your rainbow in your arms. It's very overwhelming at times.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

September 19th, 2011, 06:01 AM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Totallt normal! I was a blubbering wreck for most of my pregnancy after my MC and still randomly cry at the smallest things. I was sobbing and practically hyperventilating (and would have been if I didn't have a spinal for the csection numbing half my lungs lol) when Adam was born, way more than my tears when Nora was born, and last night I just watched him in the dark in his bassinet with tears rolling down my face as he was sleeping. I wonder if like Shen said the hormones of breastfeeding make it more intense, though I've heard they actually usually have the opposite effect, making mom and baby happy and relaxed, and help with PPD.

I think once you have had loss(es) it changes everything about your pregnancy and baby experiences. I know I feel so grateful to have Adam and am even more protective of him than I was of my daughter (and I didn't think that was possible).

September 19th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks, everyone! Although maybe I didn't want to hear how I'm going to continue to be an emotional mess

It's really amazing how much we all appreciate the beautiful gift we've been given. These are some lucky babies!
September 19th, 2011, 10:58 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never been an emotional person but this whole pregnancy/motherhood ting really messed with my emotions...I'm still getting misty eyed at some pretty insignificant things over 9 months later!

September 19th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with everyone else! Sometimes I just look into the nursery that is now pink and all setup and I just CRY! It's a very emotional journey, and compeltely normal feelings!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search