money

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 04:18 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you and your s/o share bank accounts? Who pays the bills and how do you figure out spending cash?

I guess I am weird that I do not share a bank account with my DH. We have separate money and he gives me what he can to help pay the bills. Most people share a bank account when they get married.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 20th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
We share an account because I did not like the dynamic my parents had where it was "my money" vs "your money". It caused bitterness between them. I pay the bills.
September 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We share an account and did so even before we were married, we started when we moved in together. Makes it simpler for us. I pay the bills because hubby had a tendency to pay things SUPER early (like a month before they were due) and then we'd end up having to scrap by for a couple weeks til the next paycheck. Now I do them and we have better stability in our bank account LOL As for spending, I do our budget every couple days and figure out how much "extra" money we have and we decide what to use it on. Some goes for lunches (for both of us) and we never really figure that in as a certain dollar amount, we both just get to spend what we want on it. The rest we decide if we'll use it for a movie night out, eating dinner out, saving some, or if we need to keep it in the account and float it over to the next pay period to cover something coming up. I'm the one that figures this all out though and then we both discuss it.
September 20th, 2011, 04:51 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
We share an account. We do online Billpay through our bank and it comes automatically, I set it up and usually double check everything each month.

1/25/12

September 20th, 2011, 06:24 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like these responses. Thanks!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
We share... but I control all the money..lol
If it were left up to him we would be broke bouncing checks and over drafting.

I do have a seperate account for my buisness.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
September 21st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Veteran
I have my own account, and he has his. I pay the bills through my account.. with his money LOL! Once I have baby and I can go back to work i'm sure I'll still have my own account. I wish we had a joint account. . He's a spender on silly stuff.
September 21st, 2011, 10:25 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
We share our bank account too! Makes it so simple as both of our checks get automatically deposited into it and then I pay the bills

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 21st, 2011, 02:38 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
we share. It helps a lot because we get paid at different times- I get paid twice a month he gets paid once, so we can cover everything.
I look at it like a joint venture, I too have seen way too many fights about my money and your money issues. And since we are married technically it's all shared assets anyway.

September 22nd, 2011, 10:23 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
We share an account because I did not like the dynamic my parents had where it was "my money" vs "your money". It caused bitterness between them. I pay the bills.
This too! I still feel like he is more entitled to the money because he works but he feels it is "our" money and as long as we can afford it and I'm not going on spending sprees and wasting money left and right, it doesn't matter what we do. Most expenses we discuss together though. He pays the bills.

September 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy

We have a joint account,Dh has a separate account, I have my own account.

Every paycheck Dh has $200 direct deposited into the joint account and I pay our smaller bills and sometimes if needed Dh will put more $ into it if needed. Dh uses his separate account for big bills like our van payment, car insurance.

My account is mainly used to buy stuff online there is hardly much kept in it since it's tied to paypal.

September 22nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a joint account. I pay the bills, and I set the budget and the amounts of spending money, but we don't really ever spend much money unless we are together anyway. And we also don't really stick to the budget LOL.
September 22nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
We have a joint account and I budget and pay the bills. It works best for us.

September 22nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We share accounts and dh pays all the bills. We do each get a weekly allowance so that we can feel free to go out with friends or buy ourselves something we want without having to explain ourselves to the other. Our friends generally tease us about this but we rarely argue about money (typically only when a major expense comes up) and i always feel like i can buy what i want without guilt.

September 23rd, 2011, 07:58 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We share an account which is a good thing since I'm a SAHM who still has bills to pay...LOL

DH does the banking online but I write out the checks for dr bills, the kids school lunch, ect.

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search