Braxton Hicks

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 07:59 AM
Veteran
Is it weird that I haven`t really had ANY contractions. I`ve probably had maybe about 4 this whole pregnancy lol. Does that mean he isn`t ready to come out, or something along those lines. I feel like I`m not getting anywhere. I am 2 cm dilated and effacing as of my last drs appt. But i just don`t feel like anythings happening!
September 21st, 2011, 09:13 AM
mom2moose
I had nothing with Moose until the day I went into labor. No BH's, no real contractions, nothing!! Then BAM!! I was in labor. I don't think it means much. also, I saw your question about stripping membranes. My doc did it at 37 weeks for Moose and 36 weeks for Finn. I had both of them exactly 6 days later.
September 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM
Veteran
Okay that's good then!! LOL and thanks for answering my question!
September 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With all 3 of my boys I never had any BH contractions. It was like BAM - Showtime and I was in labor. With this pregnancy I get like 15-20 BH a day and I am not dilating or anything. Like my doctor said - each pregnancy is different.

You are lucky if you are 2cm and efacing now! Going into each of my labors I was 0, zilch, nada, nothing until full labor.

Good Luck sweetie!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I just wanted to say good luck

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 21st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This (my third) is the first pregnancy that I've had regular BH for weeks on end. Last time I had a few here and there in the last week, but that was about it. I never had any with my first pregnancy.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
September 21st, 2011, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had one or two contractions like this whole pregnancy. One was mild and hit while lying awake in bed. The other several nights later was pretty painful and woke me up from a dead sleep. Those happened around 22-24 weeks in. Nothing since. lol

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

September 21st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Veteran
haha aw thank heavens i'm not alone with the no contractions.
September 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have any (or just didn't notice them) with my son until the day I went into labor. Then it started with BH's and they didn't hurt until 2 minutes before my water broke. All of a sudden my contractions were PAINFUL and then 2 minutes later my water broke (just trickled though, not a gush) and I was in full on labor after that! My BH's started about 1 or 2pm and my water broke just after 11pm the same night.
September 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't remember ever having BH contractions.
September 21st, 2011, 01:27 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had tons with Mia's pregnancy last year, and my body was slow to go into labor.....have hardly any with this pregnancy, maybe 3 or 4 a day. Personally, you can keep your BH's, they did nothing for me with my last pregnancy and I had never had them with my other children and they all arrived on their own with just full blown labor!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search