Pictures and story

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So lets see.
Last dr appointment 310pm nothing going on. I was barely 1.5 cm but Dr thought he could do a sweep. Didn't figure it would do much but sure what have I got to lose right. I was 1.5cm, 50% effaced and not contracting. Left was feeling crampy and spotting but that is normal when they mess with your cervix. Picked up my son from daycare and went home. Got DH to go for a short 10-15 min walk. By the time we had dinner and left for the walk all crampiness had stopped and nothing was going on. Did I mention nothing was going on LOL. So I was tired. We put the kids to bed and played on the computers until about 900pm. Went in got ready for bed still nothing going on, all spotting stopped I was bummed. Laid down about 5-10 min and heard a pop and felt a sharp pain. I was like *** was that?! So I stood up and a little gush came out. I was like great either my water broke or I just peed myself. And since nothing else was coming out I thought the latter but still kind of panicked. I went to the bathroom and when I stood up another little gush. They weren't big. So I took a shower to try to relax and see how I felt then I was going to call the triage. When I got out of the shower I had pink running down my legs, yep water broke, we better get going. Called triage, and our person watching the kids and headed out the door. It was about 10pm at this point. Dropped kids at friends. While driving I realized that I was having contractions, they just started so we started timing them. They were about 4-5 mins apart but not to unbearable yet. Get to triage and get checked in. The nurse was kind of a tard. This is where things kind of go downhill . So she does two swabs to ensure it was my water that broke not gentle mind you and I am contracting the whole time. Either way I am there lady move it. When she goes to check how dilated I am she is really rough and I want to kick her in the face. I was 5CM at that point. Then she failed at the IV 2 times before finally getting it in my wrist . While doing the first IV DH almost passes out on top of me because he is pinned in a little corner with his knees locked. So far its a very traumatizing experience. But I try to remain hopeful that once I get the epi things will get better. The lab comes in to get my blood work and I am crying like a baby begging them to stop poking and hurting me. It was not pretty. So they finally come and take me to my L&D room. The guy with the good drugs comes in to do the epi. This did not go well. He tried twice but I was so stressed at this point he couldn't get it in. I asked everyone to leave. I just needed a break from being poked and prodded. So everyone leaves they give me 100cc of phentenal and I start to relax and calm down. I have to stand during the contractions to help ease the pain anything else just makes it worse. So I am figuring I am going au natural. Sometime after midnight I just start falling asleep on my feet. I am exhausted already and we are worried I won't have any energy to push. So we decide to try for another epi. It can't hurt right. Oh did I mention that my nurse was super bossy and I wanted to punch her in the face. Yeah lots of violent thoughts during this labor. So at 7cm they bring in another guy to try the epi. SUCCESS!! First thing to go right wohoo. I got some much needed rest. Sometime after 4pm I am complete so the nurse goes to get the dr. Who takes his time getting ready and is saying don't push... um hello? So I finally get to push and they are all push, push, push and I am like trying here. I couldn't feel every contraction only some. Thankfully I only had to push about 3 times. I am in a weird awkward position that was not how I wanted to be. She comes out and I don't hear anything so of course I am freaking out asking if she is ok. Then the dr is talking about a two vessel cord and blah, blah and I am wondering what this means. They give her to me and I just zone everyone out. I quit caring at that point LOL. It was not my best birth experience to be honest. I couldn't wait to leave the hospital. Most the nurses were rude or not helpful and it was very frustrating. Yes I will be telling my dr everything .

Either way she is here . She arrived a 445am on 9/21/11 weighing 7lbs, 14oz, and 20inches long. She is beautiful and amazing and I feel so complete with her. No I am not nursing like a champ like everyone else seems to be and yes I am having a hard time emotionally dealing with that. But I will work through it. My milk came in and it hurts but our latch sucks or I am just to sensitive because it hurts so bad I just cry. So I think we are done with that and moving on to formula and bottles. Here are some pictures. Sorry I don't have times for alot of stuff I wasn't watching the clock .

Going home!

From today

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 23rd, 2011, 11:29 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Thanks for the update I am sorry it didn't go that well but yay for nothing super crazy happening!!

She is so cute. Love the last pic CONGRATS!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
September 24th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is gorgeous! Congrats!
September 24th, 2011, 04:39 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Congrats again Jess! So happy for you, she is beautiful.

1/25/12

September 24th, 2011, 06:16 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry it wasn't the best experience. She is soooooo precious! You have 3 beautiful kiddos. Congrats again!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

September 24th, 2011, 06:56 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jess, she is just gorgeous! Im so happy for you! Your birth story sounds like it was horrible, yet it was the best since you got your sweet rainbow baby!!! Im so happy you feel complete, you have come a long way girl........enjoy all these precious moments!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 24th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks ladies. Yeah my birth experience was rough but I got the best result a beautiful baby and that makes it all worth it.

September 24th, 2011, 07:42 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you didn't get the birth experience that you wanted but I'm happy that in the end you and the baby are healthy. Congrats Jessi!!! She's gorgeous!!

=May '05 and '11

September 24th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Veteran
WOW! What an experience!! LOL, definitely not a good time for a nurse/doctor to be such a meanie. BUT on the bright side you're baby girl is BEAUTIFUL! You have the cutest kids ever! I bet you're just loving it.
September 24th, 2011, 09:23 AM
mom2moose
Sorry it didn't go well. The way you told it made me chuckle though. LOL Glad she's here and you feel complete!! Also, I'm a formula feeder, so obviously, I'm all for it. Don't feel guilty, just enjoy her and who cares how you feed her as long as you are?? LOL

LOVE her hat, by the way!!
September 24th, 2011, 09:55 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh Jessi she's so beautiful!!! love the picture of your kids holding her too. Sorry the birth/hospital experience wasn't great (grrr) but you survived and have the most amazing result to cuddle now ((HUGS))

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I hate how some medical people treat their patients. I'm sorry that it wasn't that great of an experience for you!

I'm glad that you both are doing well though.

As for the bfing, I had latch issues with Erin and was stubborn and wouldn't let myself quit until she was 6 months old, and I was cracked and bleeding STILL and I was in horrible pain CONSTANTLY. I hurt so bad that I couldn't bear to feed her until she was in a full scream and I had no choice.

Don't do that to yourself. Your health and wellbeing matters too. Is there an LC you could see? If not, I agree with Jenny, don't feel guilty. You need to do what's best for your baby AND for you. And I was formula fed, and Erin was from 6 months on, and we're both really healthy.

And she's gorgeous, did I mention that?

September 24th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Such cute pictures. I know this isn't really related, but your daghter has beautiful hair!
September 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the hospital With my son, they had 3 different people stick me SIX times before they got the IV in correctly, ***?!?! But my contractions hurt so bad that I didn't even care about the sticks at that point but seriously, it was a bit overkill!

Anyways, she's ADORABLE! Congrats again
September 24th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is beautiful congrats Jess

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

September 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get a new siggie made LOL.

September 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is so beatiful...I'm sorry the nurses werent as kind as they could have been, but in the long run, she is all that matters
September 24th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a badnurse but your baby is here and she is BEAUTIFUL congrats Jessi, I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy your sweet rainbow girl

September 24th, 2011, 05:32 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww congrats again.. She is beautiful.. Thanks for sharing the story and the pics.
September 24th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! She is beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search