Delivery Room

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2011, 07:22 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
It will just be Dh and I. If I have it my way the only people that will be at the hospital will be Dh. I know my mil will try to push her way in and there is no way I want her in the room or at the hospital. It helps that my doctor is an hour away and the high risk is 2 hours way. I don't know who will deliver me.
September 29th, 2011, 07:45 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I am having a C section so it will be just me and DH.

September 29th, 2011, 09:06 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now, the plan is to have just DH in our bedroom for the delivery (besides the m/w and her assistant). We might have the boys and my mom in there also but not 100% sure yet.

=May '05 and '11

September 29th, 2011, 11:16 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Although technically I am not pregnant yet, my first experience was horrible. With my DS, I had my mom, my ex MIL, my aunt, my cousin, and my exhusband. My mom seriously stressed me out by shrieking the whole time and talking non stop (I know she was excited, but it ruined my whole experience). Then I got the constant "you are not doing it alright" and "you are such a trooper!" I wanted to kill someone. I could not concentrate on anything. Then, to make matters worse, I pooped a little bit during delivery so that was a hot topic between the family. They would then laugh and say "Oh almost everyone does that!" and "Well if you did not want to be embarrassed you should have never gotten pregnant." Ugh.

Then for DD, my ex had abandoned me at 16 weeks. I was living with my dad at the time trying to get everything in order. I was 18 at the time, and all alone with a little one. I was working 2 jobs, high risk, and just generally unwell. I barely gained any weight and I had already gone into early labor 3 times before the real thing (those brethene (sp?) shots SUCKED). So needless to say when I told my dad at dinner that night that I think I needed to go get checked out at the hospital, he was just like "whatever, let me know if you are coming home or not." I put my DS to bed and drove myself to the hospital. When I got there I was already 5 cm dilated. The nurse then asked who brought me and I told her myself, so she scolded me. I called my dad and told him that I was staying. He told me to call him in the morning in case anything happened, but if not, he's be there sometime the next day. But, with that being said, it was WONDERFUL to be alone!! No one shrieking, no one bothering me, I begged for the epi before I felt any real pain, I slept good, and I enjoyed the peace. I pretty much delivered alone, but I allowed my step mom in to cut the cord.

God willing I have another child, ONLY my DH will be there. I will never suffer through that embarrassment again.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
September 29th, 2011, 11:31 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
It will be DH and my mom. My mom has been there for almost every doctor appointment while TTC and even when I lost my son.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search