Classes

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you plan on taking any?

If so, what type?

And, around when do you plan on taking them?

September 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Sillylittlefishey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't take any classes with my first, but DH and I went to breastfeeding and a welcome baby class with our son...so I don't feel the need to take any with this baby.

September 28th, 2011, 03:47 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
DH and I took the childbirth education class with DD. It was kind of a waste since we knew we were having a c-section and 90% of it focused on labor. I wouldn't mind taking a breast feeding class this time around since I had so much trouble and ultimately failed at it last time.

1/25/12

September 28th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We took a childbirth class through the hospital with my first. It was informative, but a lot of it was managing the pain of labor and I already knew I was going to get an epi so about half of the class was probably a waste since I wasn't planning on doing my own pain management lol I don't regret it though because it was helpful to know what goes on during labor and such. We also took a breastfeeding class which was really helpful, and I took an infant CPR class as well.
September 28th, 2011, 07:11 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are trying for a natural childbirth (mostly because I want to avoid a C-section so don't want to start down the road of interventions), and we are taking classes in the Bradley method. We didn't realize that there are 12 weeks of classes, so we are cutting it close- we started at 28 weeks So far, so good
September 28th, 2011, 07:16 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I took one with my first. I really liked all the information and I didn't have any set course so learning all my options was nice. It came in handy this time when I couldn't get the epi right away LOL.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 28th, 2011, 07:51 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Dh and I went to 2 out of the 4 classes and didn't get a whole lot out of it honestly.

September 29th, 2011, 06:24 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Since this is Dh's and I first baby we will check into taking some kind of class.
September 29th, 2011, 06:56 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
With DS1 we took a Childbirth Prep Class, we were signed up for a Breastfeeding class, but he was already in the NICU when we were going to go to it.

This time we did a hospital tour and a Sibling class.

September 29th, 2011, 07:40 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I went to 2 classes with DD and DH refused to go to anymore with me and I did not want to go alone so I missed them. I never got the hospital tour or anything so I was clue less.

I am hoping for a totally different birth this time and a different hospital so I plan to try to take classes again with or with out him.... with out him this time at least he can stay home with DD.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
September 30th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Veteran
I was suppose to take prenatal classes, but somehow time flew by and by the time i realized i should have taken them i was about 38 weeks lol! oops
September 30th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
They have a class for children about to become siblings. I will sign my son up for that. I doubt I will take a general class again unless it's about something specific that I don't know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search