What is the earliest anyone has seen a HB?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Super Mommy
I am 4 wks, 1 day and in the June DDC. I usually have my babies early so I lurked a little on the May DDC today...big mistake. There are so many miscarriages! After having two previous losses I am already nervous wreck...it seems like the time moves so slowly, so seeing the next month ahead of me filled with loss was awful.

I am just counting down until I can at least see a heartbeat. What is the earliest anyone has ever seen one?

September 28th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 6 weeks, 5 days when I saw the hb with this one. I didn't have an ultrasound before that, though, since it would have just stressed me out. I totally understand how slow and painful the first trimester is. The 2 ww between the bfp and the first ultrasound was really, really difficult.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
September 28th, 2011, 05:36 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
With my first DS we saw a heartbeat a Six weeks 3 Days.

September 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
My first u/s was at 7 weeks 1 day and we heard a strong HB.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 28th, 2011, 06:25 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
6 weeks 2 days. I went in for betas before that...

The heart really doesn't even start beating until 6weeks.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 28th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never had way early u/s I think the heart beat starts about late 5 weeks early 6 weeks. I did'nt know ppl got u/s at 4 weeks. I waited over 8 weeks for the u/s.

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar

Af came 4 July nz time
September 29th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Around 6 weeks.
September 29th, 2011, 05:32 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome to PAL. In the first few weeks, most of us feel better posting on this board than posting in a general DDC.....just for the same reason your posting today. The anxiety of the first trimester is a tough one and being around women who understand that is very helpful.

I think the earliest I've ever seen a women who saw the h/b was 5w6d. Alot depends on if you know EXACTLY when you ovulated, or your dates could be off a few days making that first u/s very stressfull. I would recomend waiting until you are at least closer to your 7th wk, unless you track your cylces and are confident your in the 6th week. The earliest Ive seen my baby's h/b's was 6w2d.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 29th, 2011, 05:52 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I just saw my baby's heartbeat yesterday on a Ultrasound and I am 6 weeks 2 days. The baby had a heartbeat of 120.

I know what you mean by the weeks just going by so slow. It seems like from the time I found out I was pregnant and now time has stopped. I wish we could speed time up. I have had 3 losses before this.
September 29th, 2011, 06:30 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
This time I saw it at 6weeks 6days the u/s before that was at 5 weeks exactly and all we saw was the sac.

September 29th, 2011, 07:28 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
5w5d all we saw was a sac.... 6w5d There was a beating heart.
Same with 2 other previous pregnancys.

Welcome and sorry you are feeling so nervous.
The first trimester in the DDC's are always the hardest. Right now I am having a hard time bitting my tounge while people are giving others very bad advice ... Like replying to "Spotting and cramping" posts by telling them not to worry its totally normal.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
September 29th, 2011, 08:15 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The earliest I heard hb's with any of my kids was 6 weeks. Sometimes we could only "see" the heart beating, but couldn't hear it yet. I am pretty sure I had some that could be heard as early as 6 weeks. I think it also depends on the type of u/s they do. Vaginal u/s's are much better at picking up the hb than an abnomial u/s. Good luck to you!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
September 29th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I went at 5w4d and did not even see a sac. At 6w, saw a sac but no hb. I didn't go back until 8 1/2wks and then saw a wonderful sea monkey thing with a hb I say hold out as long as you can, it sucks to go through the stress of an u/s and not get any certainty out of it. If you wait over 7 weeks it will be more informative.

Ditto about the DDCs... It can be very stressful to join too early... That is what we are here for

September 29th, 2011, 09:05 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the first two times I was pregnant, I saw the heart beating at exactly 6 weeks 0 days...
this time, I saw it at 6 weeks 1 day...
September 29th, 2011, 09:26 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first u/s with this guy was at 5weeks..didn't see anything but the sac. Didn't have another u/s until 10 weeks. I think between 6-7 weeks is when you can normally see it. Good luck!
September 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Around 6 and a half weeks. ((HUGS)) I know it's hard to stay positive but try if you can. We are here for you.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 29th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you so much, everyone. I have a different healthcare situation than I did with my other pregnancies so I am not even sure if an early u/s will be covered - I may have to pay out of pocket. Although don't you think that with 2 previous losses and a multiple pregnancy (triplets, miscarried) that they would see it as necessary and cover it?

September 29th, 2011, 01:16 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Coverage is based on your insurance and how your dr codes it. Hopefully your dr will get you an early u/s. I would hold out as long as you can so it isn't more stressful. Going to early and not seeing the hb is more stressful IMO. Try to stay busy and I hope the weeks fly by for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search