Diapers

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2011, 01:21 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How many packages of newborn size did you buy or will you buy?
Have you started buying diapers?
What brand do you prefer?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 29th, 2011, 01:34 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many packages of newborn size did you buy or will you buy? We had 2 packs (36 count each) but we wnt through those in 4-5 days so we''ve bought a box of 82 that we're into now.
Have you started buying diapers? Well, we started when I was about 25 weeks, because they were on sale and I had a coupon
What brand do you prefer? I thought huggies because they have a nice umbilical cord cut out....but Dawson leaked out of them constantly!! The pampers seem a little bit smaller so fit him better and he hasn't leaked out of a single one yet!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

September 29th, 2011, 01:47 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought 3 packs of newborn and 1 pack of size 1's...I was going to buy more, but I wanted to wait since I think he's going to be small, but i'm not sure...Plus it gives me an excuse to get out of the house....I like pampers.

I have enough wipes to hopefully last a couple months though, i've picked them up on sale through-out the pregnancy.

September 29th, 2011, 03:44 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 4 packs of the newborn size and this:

I have been buying them when on sale and with coupons.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 29th, 2011, 04:21 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
How many packages of newborn size did you buy or will you buy? Maybe 1 box (Madison was out of them so fast). I will stock up on size 3 it felt like we were in those forever.
Have you started buying diapers? I have 2 of the huge boxes of 1-2 that I got on sale last year.

What brand do you prefer? Pampers, I tried other brands when DD was little but Pampers always seemed to have less blowouts. She is still in Pampers easy ups at night so I stuck with the brand

http://lindseysphotography.com/
September 29th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're doing cloth this time, at least until she starts daycare in February. I rented a newborn cloth diaper rental package, and I have 25 fitted diapers with 4 covers from the package, plus 2 more newborn covers. I also have some pocket one-size diapers to use when she gets a little bigger.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
September 29th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't bought many but I worry about what size to get the dr's keep saying "big baby" I did buy a box of Huggies (huge box) I think the count is 200 and something size 1. I want to get a pack of pampers swaddlers nb as soon as I get some coupons
September 30th, 2011, 12:49 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I do cloth at home, at least until I get sick of it. I bought a dozen preemie prefolds, made 4 Preemie covers and made 2 fitted. I'm still in the process of making newborn diapers. I thought for sure the hospital would send home some diapers as they always had before, but they only gave us 4. I was really unprepared.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
September 30th, 2011, 06:46 AM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're using cloth so we didn't buy many. I got one package of the newborns and then the hospital sent us home with 1 package of newborns and 1 package if 1s and we've since bought 1 more package of 1s but I believe we're done cause we started putting him in the cloth ones a few days ago.

I prefer Pampers for everything but overnights. DS1 wears Huggies overnights bc everything else leaks.
September 30th, 2011, 06:53 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I still have about a box and a half of newborns. We will use cloth at home until either I go back to work or he/she starts solids. Depends on how the laundry issue goes.
With CJ I liked Luv's the best when he was little little, later we switched to up&up.

September 30th, 2011, 07:09 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
At our baby shower we did a diaper raffle so we got a bunch of nb sizes and size 1s. I think between those the few I bought and whatever I brought home from the hospital I had about 12 pkgs. Megan was 7lbs 12oz when she was born and I ended up using all but 1 pkg of nb size. I have to admit I am a pampers snob for the little sizes they seem to hold up the best.

September 30th, 2011, 07:20 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfbaked View Post
I do cloth at home, at least until I get sick of it. I bought a dozen preemie prefolds, made 4 Preemie covers and made 2 fitted. I'm still in the process of making newborn diapers. I thought for sure the hospital would send home some diapers as they always had before, but they only gave us 4. I was really unprepared.
You really amaze me Rebecca. How do you find time to do all of this stuff? You have a big family including a premie at home and you still make all of these cool things.

I admire you!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 30th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't think my son ever fit into the newborn size. Maybe for a couple of days.

I want to try cloth diapers, but I haven't researched or bought anything yet.
September 30th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How many packages of newborn size did you buy or will you buy? We have 2
Have you started buying diapers? Oh yes! I think we have 8 boxes all the way up to size 3
What brand do you prefer? Pampers, my son always leaked out of huggies as a newborn.
September 30th, 2011, 06:30 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I think I will buy one pack of NB pampers and one pack of size ones.

I plan to use cloth after I get back on my feet from the C Section.

September 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
How many packages of newborn size did you buy or will you buy? 0. I just buy size 1. Darcy was 8lbs 7oz and I have a feeling this one will be just as big.
Have you started buying diapers? I had like 3 packages plus a box of size 1 diapers leftover from Darcy, and then 1 package of size 2. I also bought a package too since I added some of them to a friends gift.
What brand do you prefer? Pampers. Darcy leaked bad in Huggies. Sometimes i'll buy Target or Walmart brand if I don't have a lot of money and need to get some.

October 1st, 2011, 06:37 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many packages of newborn size did you buy or will you buy?I'm not sure. DS wore NB for a week. DD was born at 36 weeks and was in NB for quite a while. I'm sure these two will be born earlier than that, so I'm thinking they'll be in them even longer.
Have you started buying diapers? Nope, still too paranoid
What brand do you prefer? I used to love Pampers Swaddlers until DD turned up allergic to them. By the time we got out of the hospital she was red and raw everywhere the diaper touched. I also liked Babies R Us brand diapers before they become mobile.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My babies are always so small so they were in nb for a while. I will have several packages for this one!!

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search