Tell me something about YOU

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2011, 03:58 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so for most of you I know very intimate things about you. Like how many of your friends know when you ovulate each month or how many pee sticks you have done in your TTC time?

Tell me something non pregnancy - non TTC related about YOU!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 1st, 2011, 07:17 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I abosultely love animals, any and all except insects,LOL. It is my passion. I started working a pet store when I turned 16, went to school and became a certified groomer at 18 and groomed until I had DD. I was attending school online to become a VetTech when I hot pregnant with DD and was so sick I had to stop and never started again Once this little guy is around 2 I want to go back to school for something animal related, probably vet tech. I also owned my own horse for 10 years and did shows every weekend,I have over 200 ribbons I can't wait to put DD into lessons when she is 5!

1/25/12

October 1st, 2011, 07:59 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I was originally a special education major. Persons with mental disabilities hold a very special place in my heart. I switched my majorto geology after finding out about the hoards of paperwork I would have to do. So o became a middle school science teacher in an inclusive classroom. I got to teach my passion to all students with all levels of abilities. It was truly amazing! Oh and I am one of the biggest Utah Utes fans ever!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 1st, 2011, 09:09 AM
mom2moose
Hmmm. I have a couple random things about me: My first husband died at the age of 30 from ALS. My favorite hobby is reading. I cuss like a sailor. I quit smoking a year ago after 17 years of smoking!!!! I love and adore Betty White!! I'm a hypochondriac. (But getting better everyday. LOL) I'm not good with people and don't like most of them!!
October 1st, 2011, 12:11 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not very interesting...but I am a Christmas freak!! I'm already planning where to put the tree and how I'm gonna decorate this year!

That's all I got lol

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

October 1st, 2011, 12:55 PM
robinmichele87's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm..a few random things about me: I'm terrified of clowns..I have to look away when Ronald McDonald comes on TV & my poor kids will never be able to enjoy the circus. I have an AA in Psychology..I love analyzing ppl but I don't know if I wanna do it for a living. My true passions are singing & writing..I tried out for American Idol a few years ago but the judge told me I wasn't loud enough. lol. I've had a couple poems published but nothing I make money from..I hope to publish a book some day and in my spare time (which currently doesn't exist) I'm working on a book about my maternal grandmother.
October 1st, 2011, 01:43 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
LOL...good point. I don't think anyone IRL knows anything about my ovulation cycle or pee-stick collection.

Some things that are NOT TTC related:

-My family has bred Mini Dachshunds since I was a child. My parents currently have six and me and DH have five We seriously need to stop breeding them because we always keep some! My grandma, three aunts, a great-aunt, and many, many friends have puppies from our litters. We actually stopped "selling" them years ago because we had so many close friends who wanted them and we would never charge them for the joy of a puppy.

-I have my degree in Addictions Counseling and used to work with pregnant addicts. I loved it at the time, but now that I have been through the past year...I think I might be changing the population I work with. I think it would be too hard to go back to that.

-I LOVE to read. I seriously read the backs of cereal boxes or shampoo bottles just to read. I check stacks of books out of the library at a time. Even with a toddler and a newborn, I still read for at least a half hour a day
October 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have a shopping problem. i always pay the bills but will spend all the rest if given the chance. Up until this summer I was an online gamer. I LOVE my children. But for the most part am not fond of other people's kids and for sure could never be a teacher .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 1st, 2011, 07:04 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My initials spell a curse word....thanks DH...LOL
I'm obsessed with dolphins. I wish that I would have went to school to be a marine biologist. I would love to train dolphins!!
I have a degree as a Medical Assistant. I love giving shots but I HATE getting them. Needles freak me out.
I hate tomatoes but love ketchup and tomato soup.

=May '05 and '11

October 2nd, 2011, 12:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Before becoming a SAHM, I was a hairstylist.
October 2nd, 2011, 10:29 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I hate to sew, but I love getting compliments on things I've made, so I do it anyway. lol

October 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love this thread

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 2nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Fun thread!

Few things about me:

I read a book a week and have done so for the last 10 years. I always have to have a book that I'm reading and I feel uneasy when I don't.

I hate ketchup - the sight and/or smell of it makes me completely nauseated.

I am never late for anything. I sometimes try to be late and I just can't do it.

October 2nd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
When I was born, I was a lot smaller than I am now.

I am not a unicorn.

I have all of my fingers and toes.

I am descendant from primates.

I was not born in the US.
October 3rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
When I was born, I was a lot smaller than I am now.

I am not a unicorn.

I have all of my fingers and toes.

I am descendant from primates.

I was not born in the US.
Courtney,

I would have NEVER guessed!!!! LOL!!

=May '05 and '11

October 3rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumberedX3 View Post
Courtney,

I would have NEVER guessed!!!! LOL!!
I didn't want there to be any misunderstandings or false hopes.
October 3rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
LOL Courtney!

I love to cook. I really would love to be a chef, but I hate the hours. I love experimenting with ethnic and gourmet cuisine.
Thankfully we get 1/2 a cow each year so I have lots of beef to experiment on!

I was an avid fly fisher and fly tyer before DS (now I can't seem to find the time!). I was even on the backcover of our state conservation magazine- horrible picture though!

October 3rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Couple of radom facts:
I love anmials and love living on a farm in the country. If someone would have told me 5 years ago I would be living in the country and on a farm I would have told them they were crazy. I used to love living in a city. Now I can't see myself living in a city.

I met Dh online. We talked online for a little bit then started dating. We haven't looked back.
October 3rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love fall and I am so happy to see the lower temperatures that everyone else is complaining about.

I love everything sour and like to eat most fruit when it isn't quite ripe.

I love cuddling with my dogs and I just can't bear to keep them off the furniture!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search