When did you feel baby move??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2006, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
So a lot of women in my DDC are beginning to feel the baby moving or flutters as they put it - some of them aren't as far along as I am and I'm worried as to why I don't feel anything. I know its my first so I don't even really know what to look for but should I be feeling him/her by now? I use my doppler everyday or my goodness I'd be a wreck by now!! Just wondering when you ladies all felt your little ones! I hope it happens for me soon I can't wait!!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 3rd, 2006, 09:16 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, it depends... 1st baby, around 20 weeks. This baby I felt really early. Probably around 15 weeks. It's typical to feel 1st babies later, or if you are over or underweight you may feel them later or earlier (respectively). Most doctors won't even ask until you are about 20 weeks +

I don't know if I'm blocking it out or what, but I don't recall nearly as much movement with my last pregnancy. This time I definitely knew what I was feeling, much earlier. I guess you just know what to look for in subsequent pg's.

Don't fret... before you know it you will be lying awake at night, counting kicks!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
July 3rd, 2006, 10:20 AM
sunshinemommie's Avatar Super Mommy
With my first baby I first felt her @ 20weeks or even a bit later. Second was about 15 weeks. Now with this one it was 14 weeks. If this is your first I wouldn't worry about it. I never even felt a flutter with any of my pregnancys. The first two were hicups and this one I felt.........its hard to explain but it wasn't flutters. Take care.
July 3rd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I felt Liliana moving earlier than I realized - but I just wasn't positive about what I was feeling at the time. I think when I did start to get a little more certain I was around 18 wks - but I certainly wasn't feeling her on a regular basis. At that point it was only like a couple times a week. I was later told that I have an anterior placenta (which simply means it is in the front of my uterus and makes it harder to feel movements) so that is probably why I didn't feel her as often (there aren't any risks or anything with an anterior placenta). So hopefully you will be feeling your little one soon! I know how nerve wracking it can be until movements become regular - especially when you start comparing yourself to others. My midwife told me on SEVERAL occassions to stop looking at others because every pregnancy was different and mine was going just fine. But that is WAY easier said than done. Hang in there - you will be feeling your little one soon!
July 3rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
soontobemommyto3
first time I was pregnant around 19-20 weeks. Second and subsequent pregnancies 9-10 weeks. But that was just little flutters. Real kicks about 15 weeks.
July 5th, 2006, 12:19 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 20 weeks (almost 21) and I just started feeling flutters this week. This is my first pg. I wasn't worried becasue I had an ultrasound at 19 weeks and the baby was kicking away but I felt nothing.

I don't think you have anything to worry about until 22 weeks if this is your first.

July 5th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to strawberigirl
This is my first pregnancy (that's stuck)and I started feeling flutters around 18 weeks. But even then I wasn't sure if it gas or baby! No need to worry yet

Bowman --now 2 1/2
July 6th, 2006, 11:46 AM
1234rachael's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to 1234rachael
[

Hay HIll,

I think it was around 14weeks for me, but I think possibly that was due to me being "underweight?" I am not sure , but soon you'll feel him/her!!! Everyone is different try not to worry. Everything is going to go well!!

</div>
July 6th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
with my first pg i felt flutters around 4mths or so.this pg i started to feel them this past week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search