3rd Trimester Weight Gain...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm just wondering if my recent weight gain is normal or something to be worrying about. During the first trimester I gained 6 pounds and during the 2nd trimester I gained 11 pounds. In the first 6 weeks of the 3rd trimester, I have already gained 11 more pounds!

Late in the 2nd trimester I was thinking I was going to gain around 30 pounds total, and now at 33 weeks I am already up 28 pounds with 7 weeks to go! I don't mind the weight gain, but almost 2 pounds a week seems so fast. Is it normal?
October 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I can't gauge anything off of me because I am a special case. I was under the impression that .5-1 lb a week was considered normal. I am at 1.5 a week and my midwives are happy with that. So, I guess it depends. 2 per week might be absolutely normal.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

October 3rd, 2011, 01:36 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
That doesn't sound to abnormal. I would gain some weeks 3-5 pounds and then the next week none. It fluctuates. If your dr isn't worried I wouldn't worry to much.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 3rd, 2011, 02:39 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there a normal with weight gain? I don't think so. With my boys I gained 70+ lbs with each of them - and I started out at a weight of 100-105lbs so imagine how huge I was! I eventually lost it all with them as time went on...

As long as everything else is ok, bloodpressure ect... I say don't worry about it.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 3rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
During my first trimester I didn't gain anything, the 2nd trimester I think I gained 6-8lbs then the 3rd was just awful. Most of mine though was water weight because I had PIH. But I also started off "heavier" than some.

October 3rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Veteran
i wouldn't be concerned, i know people that have gained tonnes more weight than that in a month and they were fine. i am starting to gain now at a much faster rate too.
October 3rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I wouldn't be too concerned if your doctor isn't

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

October 3rd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I gained NOTHING for the first 16 weeks and then have gained steadily since then...at my last appt which was only 2 weeks after my one before that, I gained FOUR pounds (so two pounds a week!). yikes, but like others said, the weight will fluctuate and if your dr isn't worried i wouldn't be either. Man it's just hard to see that scale creep up in numbers though, huh?!
October 3rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I lost 20 pounds in the first 18 weeks of pregnancy and then gained 50 in the last 19 weeks! I think weight gain is normally faster in the third trimester...

October 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you are doing so bad, I forget your exact due date but I now we are close and I am at 22 pounds as of thursday. 1-2 pounds is normal in the last stretch.
October 4th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole, I am so happy to see you here!!!!! I know i been gone for a long time, but congrats! I am very happy for you.
If your doctor is not concern I wouldn't either, I gained 30lbs with Alex

October 4th, 2011, 06:42 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
It's also normal for the weight gain to level off completely in the last couple of weeks. So I wouldn't worry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search